It's a new year, could scrapping actually be on my list?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

debamas
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 228

It's a new year, could scrapping actually be on my list?

Post by debamas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:58 pm

I'm not one for new years resolutions as I tend to fall short rather quickly. I tend to take life one day at a time anymore. Well, I'm not getting very much accomplished in any area of my life except becoming more of a couch ...or rather,  recliner potato!  Not been with y'all,not done any crafts, not touched my scrap supplies in ...well, it feels like eons! I need a n intervention! From laziness and lack of motivation. I Did not realize I can do this until this week as  I peeked in after watching crafts on HSN. Made me realize dadgummit, I miss ACOT and scrapping! 

So, I have started on two goals. One to finally get some rooms swapped in my home to better tend to my son (total care, physically and mentally) and make it easier on me too. Been needing done! Secondly, to do more for myself! No more excuses! Taking PTO this week, I'm getting started. 

So, what's new in scrapping land? New techniques that I should try? I have a lot in my craft room, really need to use up, see if my pens and paints are dried up, and dust off my tools.  Have a cricut but old one and need to see if I remember how to use. I think I stopped about when the newer models with craft room came out. Looking forward to printing photos and starting some challenges. I know most of you  cherry ladies and still see some via facebook. Wow so much time I spend on f/b I could have done many albums!

I know this is long but wanted to tell you I want to come back, let you know it's been hard, emotionally and physically as my husband passed last year  from cancer. It's me and my son now but am thankful I have 2 sons and their families very near me.  my daughter in TN  stayed with me as long as she could. It's time I pick myself up and  discover joy in each day. Looking forward to participating and meeting new friends. Now, what's been going on with yall? Do tell!

​​​​​​

Debbie

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 698

Re: It's a new year, could scrapping actually be on my list?

Post by suewho372 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Oh Goodness!!!! It’s so gooooood to see you Debbie! Many many hugs on your loss of your husband. I’m so sorry.
I’m so happy though to hear from you and see you ! I know the other Cherries will be too!!!
I have had a little over a of upheaval and busyness in my my life starting in oct 17- my daughter got engaged and in Nov 17 when my son got married!!!! They found out about a month after the wedding they were going to be parents. So 2018 found me with my first grandbaby and oct 18 my baby girl got married.
So. That being said I haven’t scrapped much of any for over a year! I am with you- itching to get back to it now!!!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:33 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Oh Goodness!!!! It’s so gooooood to see you Debbie! Many many hugs on your loss of your husband. I’m so sorry.
I’m so happy though to hear from you and see you ! I know the other Cherries will be too!!!
I have had a little over a of upheaval and busyness in my my life starting in oct 17- my daughter got engaged and in Nov 17 when my son got married!!!! They found out about a month after the wedding they were going to be parents. So 2018 found me with my first grandbaby and oct 18 my baby girl got married.
So. That being said I haven’t scrapped much of any for over a year! I am with you- itching to get back to it now!!!

How exciting! I bet you have lots of photos now though! What a busy time for sure but all for the better I hope! Well, let's not be so busy that we don't get our grandbabies first pics in a book. Btw, my fami!y has growntoo. Last one about to have her 1st birthday. Thanks for saying hello
Debbie

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 698

Post by suewho372 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes we’ve got to get those photos scrapped! Me before I forget something!!!!
Congrats to you as well on the new little one and I can’t wait to see some photos!!!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 149

Post by DN in MN » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Oh, Debbie what a year and I am so sorry for loss.  You have taken a well deserved break from life but I am so glad you are coming back.  You have been missed :)  I think all of us have taken that "break" from scrapping.  I know I did.  Life sometimes just takes over and before you know it... a year goes by... I don't think you have missed out on much!  Just dust off your stuff and find some photos to give you inspiration!  I purchased the new Cricut Maker and although I love it, my expression 2 with my cartridges worked just fine ;)

Again, welcome back!  
 Image    Image   

2019 -  21/100 layouts

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 504

Post by Shutterbug » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Debbie, My family sends our hugs, love and prayers for peace and healing. We all grieve in different ways,  I have thought about you so much. I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I did not know that he had passed away.  So much has been going on.  I will write more when i can i jujst wanted you to know you have been missed. I love you friend.   Welcome back.  I too have not scrapped a layout in over a year plus. I have done cards but not Layouts.   I am hoping i can change that.  We can work on this together. 
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 pm
Oh, Debbie what a year and I am so sorry for loss.  You have taken a well deserved break from life but I am so glad you are coming back.  You have been missed :)  I think all of us have taken that "break" from scrapping.  I know I did.  Life sometimes just takes over and before you know it... a year goes by... I don't think you have missed out on much!  Just dust off your stuff and find some photos to give you inspiration!  I purchased the new Cricut Maker and although I love it, my expression 2 with my cartridges worked just fine ;)

Again, welcome back!  

Hi Deanna! I am so glad to know it's still thing. LOLLOL! I know one person that's still does a yearly crop but no more shop!I Been browsing through ACOT, picking those cherries and restarting a wish list. And the gallery, hooray for inspiration! Thanks for welcoming me!
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Shutterbug wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 pm
Debbie, My family sends our hugs, love and prayers for peace and healing. We all grieve in different ways,  I have thought about you so much. I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I did not know that he had passed away.  So much has been going on.  I will write more when i can i jujst wanted you to know you have been missed. I love you friend.   Welcome back.  I too have not scrapped a layout in over a year plus. I have done cards but not Layouts.   I am hoping i can change that.  We can work on this together. 

Aww Kimber, you were always so thoughtful and kind. I think I just needed a time out, didn't even want to tAlk at times. Yes, grieving is a process and continues. I'm doing pretty good. Speaking of cards, I don't seem to have the knack yet. Maybe I'll get some pointers from you, my friend! Good to be here!
Debbie

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1470

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am

It is so wonderful to see you again!!! You have been missed! I am so sorry to hear of your husband, it is totally understandable that you have been MIA as life has had you on a hard journey. I hope that once you get back in to scrapping, you will find some peace once again. Welcome back!
Susan Image Image

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 238

Post by traveler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 am

So sorry about your loss. 

Things are more constant here. I still have 2 teenagers, they still run track and the older they get, the less they speak to me. One of them now drives, so he doesn't need to speak to me when I drive him places, and the other can walk almost everywhere he needs to go, but he's still sweet (usually). I don't take photos at track meets (too superstitious) but, if they do well, I can often find photos on the Internet, so I scrap those. They don't like to smile as much for photos, unless there's food, so vacation pages are more scenery and food. So, I still have plenty to scrap. I'm trying to do 2-3 pages a week this month, which is much more than I did in the end of last year. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1036

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 am

Hi Debbie - it’s so good to see you back on the boards. And I look forward to seeing you in the gallery as well. I am so sorry to hear about your husband so I understand why you needed to step back for awhile.

I’ve got nothing new to report. I’m still enjoying retirement and hubby is still doing well in spite of multiple medical issues. And of course I’m still enjoying scrapping!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 492

Post by Linda S. » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.  
It's always nice to hear when someone says its time to get scrapbooking again.  :)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1073

Post by beachlover » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am

Hi Debbie!!  You have been on my mind a lot and I am thrilled you have come back to your second family  :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove:   One day at a time.  Even chatting, just take some time for Debbie each day, it makes you a better person!  This is something I am finally learning!

Me...  My grand daughter will be 2 next month.  In the spring we went from 4 doggies to 2 within 6 weeks.  That was tough.  In October my Harley (Choc Lab) was hit by a car right in front of us.  She now has a plate and 10 screws keeping her leg together and still on meds.  We still owe the vet over 2k and hoping for a clean bill of health this Sunday.  DH started a new job in Aug; promised 40 hours and the $ is  better.  More physical at times but we are happier and even better, the owners and bosses think he is God's gift.  Lol!  It was a great move!  I started getting depressed in Nov - just realizing that now, and also getting over  a virus.  But my girlfriend is coming over tomorrow  to help me reorganize my scrap room and maybe kick my butt a little - because we are going to a crop next weekend!  My bags are still packed from the crop we went to in Nov.  Work for me has been lots of ups and dons since about June.  Mostly downs.  Will talk about it later...  But, I am also trying to get myself back here.  I really miss coming home and spending a little time in my scrap room each day.  

That's it here and WELCOME BACK!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 20

Post by Monroe1218 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am

Hi  Debbie!  It's so good to "see" you back on the boards, you definitely have been missed!   I am so sorry for the loss of Ben.  Not much to report here.... my sister is still hanging on with her stage IV cancer diagnosis, although she is not doing well at all.  We have Grayson quite a bit.  Up until last week, work was going well - but it's kind of a mess right now.  Not sure what's on the horizon for me - whether I will stay or try to find something else.

I am looking forward to seeing your work in the gallery once you get going again!
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 2/100
December Daily - 75% complete!
Cards - 8/24

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2809

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Its so great to "see" you back on ACOT Debbie. You totally deserve ME time. I'm glad you have family close by.

Its been a crazy year and a busy 2018. I'm sure you see my Facebook pics of my nephew all the time now. LOL. He's a blessing and will be 5 months old next Friday. So last summer was the craziest of times  -- gender reveal, baby shower, etc.

Not sure if you remember, but Hurricane Harvey totalled my grandparents home. Tornado ripped the roof off. Most of their children, some of their grandchildren, we spent our weekends (and Holidays) cleaning it out, up, etc. One day, my uncle was going to get lunch for everyone and he missed his exit. So he went further down and went to a Whataburger. Lo and behold, he runs into Chaplains from Billy Graham. They came over to the house to speak with my grandparents, pray for them. A month later, they hooked them up with Samaritan's Purse and by August 17, 2018, my grandparents were back in their home. 7 days before the One Year Anniversary of Hurricane Harvey and the day before my nephew was born. It was amazing.

This year just started, but its already crazy. My grandfather has been in the hospital off/on since Thanksgiving. Bladder Infection. Shingles. Blood in urine/swollen prostate. But he's out now and home. Just resting. My cousin's 12 yr old son had emergency surgery last weekend due to a abscess on his face. After a round of antibiotics and ruling out tooth/gum issues and cellulitis, they decided to surgically remove it. We are waiting for the results to see what the abscess was. But in the meantime, my cousin's son got to go home on Monday.

Now we are dealing with my mother and HER failing health. Its been up and down since prior to Thanksgiving. I'm not ready to go thru the whole details (as only a few know), but she's finally at the doctor today. She has turned DH's and my life upside down the past week being stubborn and giving my dad a hard time. But enough of that. Just waiting to see what is going on with HER.

With all that said, my scrappy time has taken a back seat. I do have my scrappy girls coming over Jan 19th/20th to scrap the weekend away so I know I'll scrap then.

Looking foward to seeing you here more often and your layouts you will be creating.

~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Debbie, I've "seen" you on FB, but it is good to "see" back here at ACOT.  Totally understandable when things are tough you can't just handle doing one more thing.

Start simple and easy on your scrapping.  That is my thing for this year - I'm following a series on an youtube channel about getting back to simple scrapbooking (so I don't feel like I have to keep up with the "Joneses" or try all the different techniques just 'cuz they used it in a challenge).
ImageImage

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

oceanbreezes423 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am
It is so wonderful to see you again!!! You have been missed! I am so sorry to hear of your husband, it is totally understandable that you have been MIA as life has had you on a hard journey. I hope that once you get back in to scrapping, you will find some peace once again. Welcome back!

Thank you, Susan. I hope so too! 
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 pm

trainmom wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 am
So sorry about your loss. 

Things are more constant here. I still have 2 teenagers, they still run track and the older they get, the less they speak to me. One of them now drives, so he doesn't need to speak to me when I drive him places, and the other can walk almost everywhere he needs to go, but he's still sweet (usually). I don't take photos at track meets (too superstitious) but, if they do well, I can often find photos on the Internet, so I scrap those. They don't like to smile as much for photos, unless there's food, so vacation pages are more scenery and food. So, I still have plenty to scrap. I'm trying to do 2-3 pages a week this month, which is much more than I did in the end of last year. 

LOL, gotta love those boys! Good brings smiles to joy grown sons! Excited to see your layouts, scenary s are beautiful!
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 am
Hi Debbie - it’s so good to see you back on the boards. And I look forward to seeing you in the gallery as well. I am so sorry to hear about your husband so I understand why you needed to step back for awhile.

I’ve got nothing new to report. I’m still enjoying retirement and hubby is still doing well in spite of multiple medical issues. And of course I’m still enjoying scrapping!!

Hi Chris. I really need to find photos and just begin! Glad to hear retirement is well. I'm anticipating that myself but can't afford to completely quit so part time I'll try to continue. Give hugs to hubby, it can be hard at times for both of you. Good to see my cherry friends!
Debbie

debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Linda-1949 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am
I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.  
It's always nice to hear when someone says its time to get scrapbooking again.  :)

thanks, Linda! I had to stop wishing to feel like doing things and just take that first step. 😉
Debbie

Return to “General Talk”