What's Cooking 02/11/2019

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 20

What's Cooking 02/11/2019

Post by Monroe1218 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi!  I hope you all had a relaxing weekend! 

Well the ribs I made on Friday were so delicious and meaty, that we had enough for leftovers on Saturday night.  So I didn't have steaks on Saturday night... nor did I get to eat any of the chili/soups or beef stew Sunday night.... we had a lot of homeless/underserved people come so we didn't eat while we were there.  I was glad that we were able to fill their stomachs with good, hearty warm food - not knowing if they will have access to anything like that until the following Sunday.  It's also a good opportunity to connect with them to build relationships, hoping to help them on a path to better days!

So.... that means tonight we are having steak.   No idea what's going with it because I refuse to stop at the grocery store today.  It's raining and I'm sure that I have something that will go with steaks.  Salad.  Some form of potato.  A green veg.

So what's on the menu at your house tonight?

And my question for today is - how do you like your steak cooked?
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 1/100
December Daily - 75% complete!
Cards - 8/24

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1022

Re: What's Cooking 02/11/2019

Post by emmapaige » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:40 pm

I like my steak medium rare but hubby likes his well done.  So it's difficult to cook them at home.

We are having left overs tonight.  I made a new chicken thighs recipe yesterday where they were marinated in a mayonnaise/olive oil mixture.  I know it sounds weird and I was worried but they turned out really well. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2802

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 pm

I like my steak medium-rare.

As for dinner, DH made the fettucine alfredo on Friday night and it made plenty of leftovers. We had it on Saturday (I added chicken to it) and for tonight, I'll add some broccoli to it this time. With garlic bread
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 239

Post by Flasher » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 pm

I haven't decided yet.  I've been in the kitchen all day making a bunch of things for the freezer, so I have a lot to pick from.  I made a meat loaf, baked Ziti, a batch of meatballs, a batch of hamburger patties, spaghetti sauce, a tray of lasagna, and baked a bunch of chicken breasts.  Since I'm beyond tired of being in the kitchen, I think I'll hold out the meatballs, a little of the sauce, and go with meatball subs for dinner!  Yeah, that sounds like the winner!
I don't have ducks.  I don't have a row.  I have squirrels.  And they're at a rave. 

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 239

Post by Flasher » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Oh, and to answer your question, I haven't eaten steak in years, but when I do it has to be well done!
I don't have ducks.  I don't have a row.  I have squirrels.  And they're at a rave. 

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 657

Post by pawprints » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Going to make some chicken tenders in my Instant Pot. Just went through a bunch of recipes on Pinterest and finally found one I have all the ingredients for on hand. Also pinned some others that I can make after a much needed trip to the supermarket. Probably going to cook up some linguine or fettuccini to go along with it.

As for steak I like mine cooked medium.

Image Image Image Image

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1337

Post by joannie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Tonight I fried chicken. I make it just like mom used to and it still doesn't taste like hers!  :? But the fam ate it, so all is good! ;)

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 960

Post by CarrieG » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 pm

it was a lonnnng busy Monday....and its not over yet..haaaaaa  soooooooooo im copping out....we are having fish sticks, tater tots and salad

I no likey steak........

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 293

Post by wimom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I made a sheet pan dinner -- fresh green beans, cut up apple chicken sausage, potatoes and red pepper.  And steak must be well done!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Gail R
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 76

Post by Gail R » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Pork chops, rice, corn and a biscuit is what we are having tonight.  I like my steak medium.  I don't mind cooking burgers on the grill, but I do not like to cook steak and DH doesn't grill, so we don't eat steak very often.
Gail

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 672

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:54 pm

It was shepherds pie at our place, using up the left over roast

It's big Angus beef country where I live.
Like my steak med well
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1256

Post by Charleneanne » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 am

I made a big pot of chicken soup with homemade noodles. My sons came to dinner and were so happy. This is a fav winter meal

I like my steak medium rare!
ImageCharleneanne

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 324

Post by JillinIN » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm

I was sick all weekend and haven't felt like eating much. I needed something mild so I made scrambled eggs on wheat toast with avocado slices.
Jill
 ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”