We have HOPE!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2834

We have HOPE!

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Good evening cherries. Once again, thank you all for the hugs/prayers. I know my last update was a horrible one and it appeared that my mom was losing her fight. Over the last 24 hours, we have a little hope and we will continue to fight by her side.

She got transferred to a room last night and we all went down to see her. She was a little more responsive. She would sometimes squeeze mine or my brother's hand. Her right side is her stronger side. Her eyes got wide when she saw Draven, but then she would slip away, then wake up again. I brushed her hair and she nodded 'yes' when I asked her if the brush felt good. She also nodded her head 'yes' when I said, "do you know who I am?" She also knows who my DH is and my SIL too.

Right before I left, I sent my mom's parents and siblings a text to let her know her condition and what room she was in. They each responded, sending encouragement messages. So I would tell her what each said, and who said it. I got a really good response out of her. Her oldest brother, her daddy and her baby sister got the wide eye look and a squeeze of my hand. Her other 2 brothers, her step mom and her sisters each got a nodded "yes".

This morning's update at 11am was that miraculously, my mother had absorbed/digested 50% of what they put in her feeding tube. Her father and step-mother made it down to see her and she even tried to laugh when my Papa told her a joke. 30 minutes later, her sister Suzanne arrived (5 hr drive for her). She is poetic with those scriptures so she prayed with mom and for mom. 15 minutes later, me and my aunt Laura showed up. My mother's baby sister. They visited and rallied around her. She'd open her eyes wide and they are now clear. She squeezes your hand and they are warm now, not ice cold. She is also making improvements to her left side. She started drumming her fingers on the left hand for my father this morning, moving it for her father, and eventually squeezing mine and her sisters' hands.

Since she was still aware, we tried calling her other siblings to see if hearing their voice would help her out. But first, we called my Aunt Kim (mom's sister in law). They are besties and the mere mention of her name brought light into my mother's eyes. So we called her first and she talked to her. My mom was very very aware. Then it was the oldest brother, followed by the littlest sister and the other brother. My mom's response to each of them was very promising and amazing.

By 5pm, my mother had digested 60% of the contents of her feeding tube. She continues to make progress and her doctor, surgeon and nurse all agreed that by this weekend, they will be removing her nasal feeding tube and surgically inserting a permanent one. Then sometime next week, she will be transferred to a Nursing Home where they will implement her treatment plan. This is not HOSPICE now. Its now Palliative Care. She is fighting and we are helping her with that fight!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Gail R
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 76

Re: We have HOPE!

Post by Gail R » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Oh my gosh!  that is awesome  news.  Keeping up with the prayers and good thoughts.
Gail

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 234

Post by Scrap Bug » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Wonderful news!  This is awesome.  
Melissa

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 309

Post by LoreenC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:56 pm

That is some good news, Brandy! I believe all the prayers and loving family support has helped her !! Wishing and praying for continued healing and strength!
ImageImageImage

LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 39

Post by LyndaKay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Miraculous indeed! What a change! We’re all very hopeful for continued improvement.

Lynda

jcsmaestra
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 392

Post by jcsmaestra » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Praying for your mom’s continued improvement.
Love is all around you. Image

Mary

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1076

Post by CarrieG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 pm

:greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

Sandi0805
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1636

Post by Sandi0805 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Brandy, that is such wonderful news.  (((hugs))) to all.
Image Image
ImageImageImage

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 562

Post by sherelm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm so happy for you and your mom and family. God will work in His own time to heal her. Hugs!

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 2948

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 am

Sounds like wonderful news, Brandy!! Will pray for continued recovery! Sending Big Hugs!
Image ImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 773

Post by scrappinmom99 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 am

When I saw the title of the post, I was happy to see that it was you with some better news. I'm continuing to pray for all of you and am thrilled with the response your mom is showing. I know you are too. Big hugs, my friend oxoxo
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1133

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:01 am

That’s fantastic news, Brandy.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 167

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am

Fantastic news, Brandy.  I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!  
 Image    Image   

2019 -  35/100 layouts

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 249

Post by Flasher » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:22 am

Wonderful to hear, Brandy.  Just wonderful!
Life is not a fairy tale.  If you lose your shoe at midnight, you're drunk.

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 26

Post by Monroe1218 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:39 am

This is absolutely fantastic!  I am so happy to read the improvements your Mom is making!  I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers!
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 8/100
December Daily - 90% complete!
Cards - 9/24

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1078

Post by beachlover » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 am

Thank goodness!!!  That is truly a miracle, Brandy!!!  
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1626

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 am

That is wonderful to hear, Brandy!  I truly do believe in the power of prayer and am still praying for your Mom's recovery. :)
Laura

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 324

Post by wimom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm

So wonderful! Best wishes to you!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 225

Post by karensay » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 pm

nice to  hear promising news.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:25 pm

amazing story, Brandy; really nothing short of a miracle.  Will continue praying!!
ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”