Use It Up NOvember - All challenges added!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 562

Use It Up NOvember - All challenges added!

Post by 1scrappymom » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 am

Thanks to everyone who participated this month. I hope you managed to use up a BUNCH of your stash and made way for some Black Friday shopping!!  The winner of this challenge is Scrappinmom99 - Anne Marie! I'll get your GC out to you later today!

Is anyone doing this? I have spent so much in the last couple months that I think this would be a good time for me to maybe actually use up my stuff. Also, I'm sure I'll be doing some Black Friday shopping, so I guess I will use that as my cheat day!  LOL Also, since I am off work for a while, I think I might use November to actually organize my scraproom. It's funny how quickly things can get out of hand. If anyone would like to join me on this spending freeze, feel free to comment here and we can use the month to support each other...or enable each other to break the freeze! I'm happy to add  weekly challenges to help us use our stash if there is any interest. Let me know. 

Week 1 challenge - Since we are stash diving and using things up, I want you to dig into that stash of patterned paper you've all been hoarding and use some of it up! There have been so many manufacturer's that have gone away. No sense saving it. So for this challenge - use up some patterned paper from a discontinued manufacturer that is at least 1 year old. No other rules other than finish your layout by the end of November. Combine with whatever. Just USE IT!!  

Week 2 challenge - OK, so we've done something OLD...let's do something NEW! I know I have purchased a lot of things recently and they are just sitting there waiting to be used up! So this  week's challenge...that stuff you just HAD to have recently...USE IT!!! No other rules. Combine with any!!

Week 3 challenge - After organizing my cardstock this weekend I realized I have a LOT of scraps. My challenge this week - use up some scraps!!  (Cardstock or patterned paper). Let's make a dent in that stash!! As always...no other rules. Combine with any!

Week 4 challenge - You're in the final stretch!! For this week's challenge, lets use up some of those embellishments! Maybe you have a sticker sheet with just a few more...maybe you have some old alphas that don't spell anything...USE THEM!! No other rules...Combine with any! 

Finish up all entries by midnight 11/30 and I will begin choosing winners to receive some of my stash! 
Last edited by 1scrappymom on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1262

Re: Use Your Stash November

Post by emmapaige » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:58 am

Count me in. I’ve become so overwhelmed with all the stuff I have and really need to stop buying more.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1012

Post by lissahope26 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:01 am

*Raises hand* Me for sure!
Melissa H.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2887

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 am

Hi, I'm Brandy. I'm a scrapbooker who buys, buys and buys but doesn't use much. Need Help. LOL!

Yes, count me in please! It'll be good for me!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 868

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:14 am

Oh yes! count me in! I was doing so well for the first half of the year and didn't buy anything until April or May LOL! It's been downhill and I need to tighten the belt again before Christmas!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb

Post by 1scrappymom » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:38 am

Awesome. I'll post challenges on Mondays and will throw in a $5 ACOT gc at the end. This is certainly not to discourage shopping here but more to use what you've bought.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1534

Post by joannie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm raising my hand!!!

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 205

Post by DN in MN » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:58 pm

I am an epic fail when it comes to a freeze... I will, however, be very supportive and be sure to pull out my checkcard often  :greenwinkb:
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 13/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 858

Post by MTCanuk » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:01 am

Me, me, me!  At least use what I have for a bit.  Been ordering baby photos and Ireland photos. So once they arrive hoping I can find some time to scrap!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1157

Re: Use It Up NOvember

Post by CarrieG » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:22 am

oh good gravy me please!  I buy and don't use or just use a tiny bit
my only Nov purchases will be for the monthly envie and my cherry box

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Layouts: 579

Post by Rachel Kent » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:25 am

😂 😂

Sandi0805
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1715

Post by Sandi0805 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:57 am

Count me in Shannon.  I did a major purge this year after having to move my scrappy stuff twice in 6 months.  That's when I realized how much I actually had.  Got rid of good but old collections that I knew I would probably never use.  I think I bought them just because they were on sale.  lol.  I believe in the out with the old and in with the new.  I usually buy non paper products and have been using what collections I have.   Sounds fun.  Other than my secret sister and envie, the freeze is on till Black Friday.  
Image Image
ImageImageImage

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 460

Post by LoreenC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:07 pm

This sounds Great! I am going to Washington on the 13th and will miss most of this! Darn it ! I am really wanting to use my stash! I will try to do something here before I leave !!
ImageImageImage

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1092

Post by beachlover » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:02 pm

hmm, I really should say yes!!!  count me in, Shannon!  Don't forget we have the end of year motivation to get lots of scrapping done and use up stash too!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4058

Post by Retiree3 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm

I am very interested.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb

Post by 1scrappymom » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:53 pm

beachlover wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:02 pm
hmm, I really should say yes!!!  count me in, Shannon!  Don't forget we have the end of year motivation to get lots of scrapping done and use up stash too!!

Absolutely!!!  Love that you've been doing this! I'm off work for the entire month of November, so I can't wait to actually get started!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1562

Post by shoorn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm

I have a lot of stash but lately have been buying, buying...help! It is because we are stationary for 6 months and I can have things sent directly here rather than pay to have twice for shipping once to our main address and then again to forward it. I hadn't bought anything except adhesive and some stickers since March. I need to take time and go through what I have and organize it and use it!

Count me in!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1056

Post by Yankeegirl » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:42 pm

Oh, I really belong in this group!  I have purged my stash twice, yet have four times as much stuff as before I purged.  I just cannot resist good sales, new collections that call my name, and stamps I never use.   Please help me!!!    I need to be forced to dig deep into my stash, which has now spread from my craft room to a spare bedroom and closet!  Enough is enough!  Bless you, Shannon!
"Good friends are like stars...
You don't always see them,
But you know they are always there."

Kathy

blfonty
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 630

Post by blfonty » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Definitely up for this and can look forward to splurging for a Christmas gift to myself later. I have been using lots of my stash lately, but have way too much still left. Count me in!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie     

Image     Image     

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 800

Post by keatonsgtgram » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 pm

ME TOO ✋

Awesome idea!

Return to “General Talk”