Use It Up NOvember - All challenges added!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Scrapqueen141
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 150

Re: Use It Up NOvember

Post by Scrapqueen141 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:13 pm

With the exception of Black Friday we are trying a spending freeze this month. We are only spending on necessities. So, I'm up for using my stash for sure!

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1504

Re: Use It Up NOvember

Post by mgehrke » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Count me in. I too have been buying but not scrapping. I have lots to use now and need the support to get scrapping again.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 55, 33 and 27) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (3) and Sawyer (1).

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 564

Re: Use It Up NOvember - Challenge added

Post by 1scrappymom » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:48 pm

btt
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1266

Post by emmapaige » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Love your first challenge, Shannon.  And wink, wink....I may be doing something similar for my December Manufacturer Challenge.  Let's all get rid of that stash that is collecting dust!!  ;) ;) ;)
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 442

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Basic Grey was one manufacturer that I was never head-over-heels in love with - mostly because the unique color pallet and grey tone made it hard for me to mix with other papers or embellishments.  There were a few papers that I did get and realized I had never used them.  In this case, It was a sheet from the "PB&J" line plus a sheet from the "Out of Print" line.
Sketch was based on the Nov Sketch with a Twist challenge

Week 2:  New

Week 3:  Scraps
Used some scraps left from October Afternoon's "Witch Hazel" collection

Week 4:  

Last edited by ScrappyDistractions on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 872

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:21 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 am
Is anyone doing this? I have spent so much in the last couple months that I think this would be a good time for me to maybe actually use up my stuff. Also, I'm sure I'll be doing some Black Friday shopping, so I guess I will use that as my cheat day!  LOL Also, since I am off work for a while, I think I might use November to actually organize my scraproom. It's funny how quickly things can get out of hand. If anyone would like to join me on this spending freeze, feel free to comment here and we can use the month to support each other...or enable each other to break the freeze! I'm happy to add  weekly challenges to help us use our stash if there is any interest. Let me know. 

Week 1 challenge - Since we are stash diving and using things up, I want you to dig into that stash of patterned paper you've all been hoarding and use some of it up! There have been so many manufacturer's that have gone away. No sense saving it. So for this challenge - use up some patterned paper from a discontinued manufacturer that is at least 1 year old. No other rules other than finish your layout by the end of November. Combine with whatever. Just USE IT!!  
Great first challenge! I've been talking myself into using up October Afternoon...they were my favorite! I've been hoarding a lot...

Question - can we do the challenges more than once? Or just one entry per challenge? Thanks!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb

Post by 1scrappymom » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:53 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:21 pm
1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 am
Is anyone doing this? I have spent so much in the last couple months that I think this would be a good time for me to maybe actually use up my stuff. Also, I'm sure I'll be doing some Black Friday shopping, so I guess I will use that as my cheat day!  LOL Also, since I am off work for a while, I think I might use November to actually organize my scraproom. It's funny how quickly things can get out of hand. If anyone would like to join me on this spending freeze, feel free to comment here and we can use the month to support each other...or enable each other to break the freeze! I'm happy to add  weekly challenges to help us use our stash if there is any interest. Let me know. 

Week 1 challenge - Since we are stash diving and using things up, I want you to dig into that stash of patterned paper you've all been hoarding and use some of it up! There have been so many manufacturer's that have gone away. No sense saving it. So for this challenge - use up some patterned paper from a discontinued manufacturer that is at least 1 year old. No other rules other than finish your layout by the end of November. Combine with whatever. Just USE IT!!  
Great first challenge! I've been talking myself into using up October Afternoon...they were my favorite! I've been hoarding a lot...

Question - can we do the challenges more than once? Or just one entry per challenge? Thanks!

Do it as many times as you want. Combine with what you want. I'm posting challenges every Monday for inspiration. I'll choose 10 people for a prize at the end.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:53 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:21 pm
reat first challenge! I've been talking myself into using up October Afternoon...they were my favorite! I've been hoarding a lot...

Do it as many times as you want. Combine with what you want. I'm posting challenges every Monday for inspiration. I'll choose 10 people for a prize at the end. 
Awesome! I have sooooo many defunct manufacturers' papers! This is a big nudge to use them LOL

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4058

Post by Retiree3 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 am

I used paper from Rusty Pickle and Glitz Design.

Last edited by Retiree3 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 am

Here is mine for challenge #1! I love love love October Afternoon and have been hoarding for years. Aside from the cardstock and sequins, everything here is their Witch Hazel collection from 2012. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 am

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:14 pm
Love your first challenge, Shannon.  And wink, wink....I may be doing something similar for my December Manufacturer Challenge.  Let's all get rid of that stash that is collecting dust!!  ;) ;) ;)

Ooh, intriguing! I can't wait! Let's use ALL THE STUFF!!!  

By the way, you guys, one of the things that has really helped me change my thinking about hoarding stuff and using stuff up...I used to never want to finish a pack of anything, or use the whole sheet of something. Then I starting changing my goal. Not so much to scrap X amount of pages or finish that event etc but I changed my goal to "having a full garbage pail."  My DH is neurotic about garbage day. So that means every Sunday and Wednesday all the pails in the house get emptied. I have just a few days to fill a pail. That includes cutting up pictures and throwing out scraps that are too small. I used to save EVERY SINGLE SCRAP EVER MADE. Omg, why?? If I use up something, the packaging helps fill the pail. It's a weird system, I know but it seems to be working. Between this and all the fabulous challenges here, I'm getting more pages and cards done now than ever before!  ;) :greeninlove:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Vicki R.
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 113

Post by Vicki R. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:07 am

Great challenge for me!  I think we all have a "stash" of paper that we don't want to use!

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1566

Post by shoorn » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Week 1
Old Basic Grey for most of this. Used the last of this particular collection - except for a scrap of the striped pp. 

Link to LO
Last edited by shoorn on Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1566

Post by shoorn » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Shannon - I used the LO for Lift the GD and Manufacturer challenges. Checked with Chris and she was okay with it. Hope it is okay with you.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb

Post by 1scrappymom » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:40 am

shoorn wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pm
Shannon - I used the LO for Lift the GD and Manufacturer challenges. Checked with Chris and she was okay with it. Hope it is okay with you.

Totally OK. Combine with ANY. :)
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Re: Use It Up NOvember - Week 2 challenge added

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:59 pm

I just made a monthly kit based on the So Happy Together collection I just bought (buy all the things!) so I was thrilled to see challenge #2 was to use your new stuff!  :greeninlove:

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 861

Post by MTCanuk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Week 1- Use the old!  Old Basic Grey for me!!!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:17 pm

For challenge #2 - use your new stuff - another layout with my So Happy Together kit! I combined with the This is Us GD challenge.

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1015

Post by lissahope26 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Week one challenge- Basic Grey
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1015

Post by lissahope26 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Week 2-Everything on here is new except for the inks.  I subscribe to Studio Calico's monthly stamp and I just got this stamp set in the mail today.  Bella Besties is new and so are the Doodlebug stickers.
Melissa H.

Return to “General Talk”