Feeling Christmassy? Want a RAK?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 255

Feeling Christmassy? Want a RAK?

Post by Flasher » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:46 am

So, are you all feeling that Christmas Vibe yet?  I was back in November (my trees were all up by November 10).  But then I caught this nasty bug and that zapped the spirit right out of me.  This morning, I'm starting to feel much more like myself.  So, let's have some fun.  Here is a list of Christmas tasks and whatnot.  Answer the questions and award yourself points accordingly.  The Cherry with the most points will get a Christmas RAK from Flasher Claus!  If there are multiple Cherries with the same high points, I will draw one name from the bunch for the RAK!  I'll let this run until Sunday night (12-8) at 9:00 PM.

1.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've put up your Christmas Tree.  Give yourself another ONE POINT if it's real.

2.  Give yourself TWO POINTS if you've taken a family Christmas photo this year.  Give yourself another ONE POINT if your giving the pics out to family and friends.

3.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started your holiday baking.  If you're all done with your holiday baking, make it THREE POINTS. 

4.  Give yourself TWO POINTS if you've gone caroling already this season.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you plan to.

5.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started sending/giving out your Christmas cards.  If you're all finished with the sending/giving of your Christmas cards, make it THREE POINTS.

6.  Give yourself ONE POINT for every Christmas party/meeting/group activity you've attended so far this season.

7.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started your Christmas shopping.  If you're all done with your shopping, make it THREE POINTS.

8.  Have you bought your Christmas Turkey or Ham or Chicken or Roast Beef or whatever main dish you happen to be serving?  If you have, give yourself THREE POINTS.

9.  Have you started listening to Christmas music in either your home or car?  If so, give yourself TWO POINTS.  (Hearing Christmas music in the stores or at the mall or at a restaurant doesn't count!)

10.  If you've started wrapping your Christmas presents, give yourself ONE POINT.  If you've finished wrapping all of them, give yourself FIVE POINTS.  (All of them doesn't mean just what you have on hand -- it means you are done for the season!)

11.  If you've put Christmas decorations outside of your home, give yourself ONE POINT.  If they include lights, give yourself another ONE POINT. 

12.  Do you wish it was January?  If so, DEDUCT FIVE POINTS!
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

Flasher
Cherry Delight

Re: Feeling Christmassy? Want a RAK?

Post by Flasher » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:50 am

1.  1
2.  2 +1
3.  1
4.  0
5.  3
6.  1 
7.  1
8.  3
9.  2
10.  1
11.  1 + 1
12.  NO WAY!

18 for Flasher!

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 194

Post by DN in MN » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:51 am

I don't do a whole lot anymore so I doubt I'll have high scores... I'm at 6 points and this will not change by Sunday, lol!  I cannot get my main dish until a day or two before - Prime Rib... can't wait for that!

1.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've put up your Christmas Tree.  Give yourself another ONE POINT if it's real.  1

2.  Give yourself TWO POINTS if you've taken a family Christmas photo this year.  Give yourself another ONE POINT if your giving the pics out to family and friends. 0

3.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started your holiday baking.  If you're all done with your holiday baking, make it THREE POINTS.  0

4.  Give yourself TWO POINTS if you've gone caroling already this season.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you plan to. 0

5.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started sending/giving out your Christmas cards.  If you're all finished with the sending/giving of your Christmas cards, make it THREE POINTS. 0

6.  Give yourself ONE POINT for every Christmas party/meeting/group activity you've attended so far this season. 1

7.  Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started your Christmas shopping.  If you're all done with your shopping, make it THREE POINTS. 1

8.  Have you bought your Christmas Turkey or Ham or Chicken or Roast Beef or whatever main dish you happen to be serving?  If you have, give yourself THREE POINTS. 0

9.  Have you started listening to Christmas music in either your home or car?  If so, give yourself TWO POINTS.  (Hearing Christmas music in the stores or at the mall or at a restaurant doesn't count!) 2

10.  If you've started wrapping your Christmas presents, give yourself ONE POINT.  If you've finished wrapping all of them, give yourself FIVE POINTS.  (All of them doesn't mean just what you have on hand -- it means you are done for the season!) 1

11.  If you've put Christmas decorations outside of your home, give yourself ONE POINT.  If they include lights, give yourself another ONE POINT.  0

12.  Do you wish it was January?  If so, DEDUCT FIVE POINTS! 0 - I love this time of year!
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 6/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

Sandi0805
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1693

Post by Sandi0805 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Well, this didn't work for me.  I have done none of the items on the list and probably will not other than maybe baking with my granddaughter sometime.  We are planning on going to Florida for Christmas this year.  Seven of us are going.  Myself, my sister, my daughter, son-in-law and three grandkids (14-21).  The grandkids have everything they want or need and so last year we talked about a trip somewhere instead of gifts etc.  So Florida here we come.  My daughter has a time share and she has it already booked.  We are leaving the weekend before Christmas.  The kids want to go to WDW for the new Star Wars attraction.  Not sure of what else we will be doing other than it should be warmer than at home.  So, no decorations going up this year, no meal to prepare, no presents to really wrap other than I plan to give them $$ to spend at Disney, no caroling etc.  We have mentioned doing a white elephant gift exchange when we get there.  Each one of us buy a gift for 25-30 and then pull #'s to see who gets to pick first etc.  We might also make one of the saran wrap balls and take with us to do at the timeshare.  We did that last year and the kids loved it.  So, this will be a first for me to actually not be home on Christmas eve or Day. 
Image Image
ImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2870

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Here are my points:

1.  0

2.  0

3.  0

4.  0

5. 0

6.  0

7.  1

8.  0

9.  0

10.  0

11. 0 - this will turn to 2 by this weekend. DH's job

12. 0

All in all, I have ONE point (started on my Christmas shopping). I'm really really really behind this year. EEK!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Flasher
Cherry Delight

Post by Flasher » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:42 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm
Here are my points:

1.  0

2.  0

3.  0

4.  0

5. 0

6.  0

7.  1

8.  0

9.  0

10.  0

11. 0 - this will turn to 2 by this weekend. DH's job

12. 0

All in all, I have ONE point (started on my Christmas shopping). I'm really really really behind this year. EEK!

With the year you've had, and all the amazing ups and downs, along with babysitting and working, I'd say you're doing great!

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 413

Post by LoreenC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Hahaha ! I am definitely Not in for a RAK!! I got 4 points!lol I did some wrapping, Did some shopping, and sent my cards!, I am leaving on Tuesday for Texas for Christmas with my Grandkids, so no baking or decorating or Christmas music, yet! 
Merry Chrismasy to all Cherries ! Enjoy getting Ready!
ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1137

Post by CarrieG » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:53 pm

im a fail with one point for having started my shopping................BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:21 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:53 pm
im a fail with one point for having started my shopping................BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I've got one point too. You ain't failing!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:22 pm

LoreenC wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:49 pm
Hahaha ! I am definitely Not in for a RAK!! I got 4 points!lol I did some wrapping, Did some shopping, and sent my cards!, I am leaving on Tuesday for Texas for Christmas with my Grandkids, so no baking or decorating or Christmas music, yet! 

Safe travels to you! You headed to Houston?
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Laura wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:42 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm
Here are my points:

With the year you've had, and all the amazing ups and downs, along with babysitting and working, I'd say you're doing great! 

Thanks Laura! :greeninlove:
~ Brandy Williams ~

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 767

Post by love2stamp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 pm

1.  1

2.  0

3.  0

4.  0

5.  1

6.  1

7.  3

8.  3

9.  2

10.  5

11.  2

12. 0

Total:18
ImageImageImageImage

CristioCornman
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 32

Post by CristioCornman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:28 pm

1. what if i have 2 trees? 2

2.   1

3.    0

4.  . 0

5.  . 0

6.  1

7.   3

8.  . 3

9.  2

10. 5

11.   2

12.  0

MisasMom
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 4

Post by MisasMom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:38 pm

1. 1

2. 0

3. 0

4. 0

5. 1

6. 0

7. 1

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

11. 1

12. No!

Total for me is 10, I’m surprised as I feel I still have so much to do!
Pat

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 839

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:41 pm

1. Give yourself ONE POINT if you've put up your Christmas Tree. Give yourself another ONE POINT if it's real.  My tree is up, not real 1 point

2. Give yourself TWO POINTS if you've taken a family Christmas photo this year. Give yourself another ONE POINT if your giving the pics out to family and friends.  2 point for family photo

3. Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started your holiday baking. If you're all done with your holiday baking, make it THREE POINTS. 0 points, no baking yet- this weekend

4. Give yourself TWO POINTS if you've gone caroling already this season. Give yourself ONE POINT if you plan to. nope, only to myself in the car

5. Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started sending/giving out your Christmas cards. If you're all finished with the sending/giving of your Christmas cards, make it THREE POINTS. They are printed and waiting for DH to do letter

6. Give yourself ONE POINT for every Christmas party/meeting/group activity you've attended so far this season. none

7. Give yourself ONE POINT if you've started your Christmas shopping. If you're all done with your shopping, make it THREE POINTS.1 point, have started and almost done

8. Have you bought your Christmas Turkey or Ham or Chicken or Roast Beef or whatever main dish you happen to be serving? If you have, give yourself THREE POINTS. nope, will order prime rib next week,

9. Have you started listening to Christmas music in either your home or car? If so, give yourself TWO POINTS. (Hearing Christmas music in the stores or at the mall or at a restaurant doesn't count!)  oh, yes! My husband hates it.  2 points

10. If you've started wrapping your Christmas presents, give yourself ONE POINT. If you've finished wrapping all of them, give yourself FIVE POINTS. (All of them doesn't mean just what you have on hand -- it means you are done for the season!) 1 point for started wrapping

11. If you've put Christmas decorations outside of your home, give yourself ONE POINT. If they include lights, give yourself another ONE POINT. nope, that is DH job, he hasn't motivated yet

12. Do you wish it was January? If so, DEDUCT FIVE POINTS!  Nope, I love the Christmas season!!! 

7 points for me.  Not that great!!  Not helpful, I am watching the grandbaby every day and then working other days.  Think I have done pretty darn good with the time off I have had.  Went grocery shopping at 7;45 this morning before the grandbaby arrived.  I am too tired by 5pm to focus on that!!!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 550

Post by 1scrappymom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:53 pm

What fun!  I'll be lucky to get the tree up this year. LOL Is it possible to have negative points?  😂
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 354

Post by wimom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Flasher Claus -- LOL! A measly three points for me -- one for starting to shop plus two for listening to holiday tunes in the car. 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 413

Post by LoreenC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:58 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:22 pm
LoreenC wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:49 pm

Safe travels to you! You headed to Houston? 
Hi Brandy ! Nope, San Antonio, beautiful Hill Country and H.E. B. !!  Have a Wonderful Christmas!

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1228

Post by emmapaige » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Epic fail at one point!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 430

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:27 pm

tank goodness for the shopping point!

Tree was supposed to be up last weekend.  First tome EVER that it didn;t get up post Thanksgiving weekend.  I am never letting my daughter go away to college - I loose all my motivation!
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

Return to “General Talk”