our schools shut down

Moderator: ACOT Employee

joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1670

our schools shut down

Post by joannie » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:23 am

I guess I'm getting a 3 week spring break starting Monday.  Lotsa scrappin' time! :)

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 272

Re: our schools shut down

Post by Vicki R. » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:49 am

The Lancaster, PA schools are closed too.  We live 6 miles from the MD state line and their entire state is just about shut down.  Our kids are all working from home and the schools are closed state wide for 2 weeks.  Our grand kids are excited because they won't have to make up the time.  Schools are sending home packets for the kids to do at home.

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 694

Post by 1scrappymom » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:12 am

Our colleges are shutting down but local schools are open. A lot of my therapist friends are looking at switching to a telehealth options in case we have to "work from home". Luckily I have the capabilities to do that with my current software. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1234

Post by lissahope26 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 am

Oh dear, I hope they don’t do that here. There have been a few cases in New Orleans but none so far further north. 3 weeks though? I would have to get them out of the house and do stuff.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 874

Post by love2stamp » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:44 am

Our colleges in Nebraska are closing early for spring break and doing online only classes for the spring semester. So far none of the other schools are closing. A lot of activities have been cancelled, though. 
ImageImageImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 279

Post by Flasher » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:18 am

All schools in the State of Ohio are also closed until April 3 -- at least. 
I wish people came with a thirty second trailer so I can see what I'm getting myself into. 

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 978

Post by scrappinmom99 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:34 am

My son's college is shut down this week and will do online classes next week and will reassess to see what they should do after next week. The NYC public schools are still in session, meaning DD has to take the subway to school. UGH!! It's so frustrating because there has been a state of emergency declared for NYC and everything else is shutting down - Broadway, sports, museums etc...but school is still in session? Come on!!  :greenmad:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 276

Post by DN in MN » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:42 am

So far, I am at work but the students have an extended spring break and will then continue with online classes until at least April 1st.   Our office is getting prepared to transition to working from home, if needed.  This is college level.  Our high school and lower are business as usual, including a hockey tournament, which makes no sense to me!  You can't go to a college game but go ahead and watch 12-18 year olds???  If your going to shut things down, then shut them down to get it over with.  Don't just pick and choose... 

Ok, thats all I got on this for today.  Not going to dwell any further ;)
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 51/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1437

Post by emmapaige » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am

All schools in Montgomery County (13 confirmed cases) are closed so my granddaughter Emma is home. Since her mom works in the school district as well, she is home too. They will be closed at least 14 days. My other granddaughter Paige is in Bucks County PA where there are two confirmed cases so her school is still open but will likely close soon, too.

I feel bad for parents of young children who need to work and are scrambling for day care.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 978

Post by scrappinmom99 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:56 am

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:42 am
  Our high school and lower are business as usual, including a hockey tournament, which makes no sense to me!  You can't go to a college game but go ahead and watch 12-18 year olds???  If your going to shut things down, then shut them down to get it over with.  Don't just pick and choose... 

Preach it!!! Same thing here with the colleges shutting down, but HS and lower still open! yet they also keep saying "stay off mass transit if you can". Well gee, close school for a bit and see what happens!?
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3505

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:57 am

Laura wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:18 am
All schools in the State of Ohio are also closed until April 3 -- at least. 
Yes, ours is closed until April 7th. Also no Spring sports indefinitely. So sad as this is Kaylee's Senior year and she was so looking forward to playing Softball. I think they've already been conditioning since about Feb. 1.

Also all the colleges in the area are shut down.
 Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 253

Post by Natalie Dill » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:00 am

I printed a ton of photos yesterday in prep to stay home! (Altho I still have to work from home) I figure we'll have no extra curricular activities soon... Hopefully everyone will be able to channel this nervous energy into some beautiful creations!!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 694

Post by 1scrappymom » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:14 am

I think it will be interesting. Since Indiana is all about having 180 days of school but I heard right now they are forgiving up to 20 days...yet we still had to go to school today even though it was a snow make up day. So basically, the schools around us are closing and Fort Wayne Community is adding extra days! LOL The worst part...they closed schools last fall because teachers wanted to rally at the statehouse to advocate for better education and benefits, so today is when we have to make up the day. None of it makes any sense!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:31 am

Our small town must be in a panic! Just saw a Facebook notice that the City and Police Buildings are CLOSED to the PUBLIC! We don't even have any confirmed cases in our area or nearby. 

And, just 5 minutes away across the Ohio River to West Virginia they are still going to school and life is normal. No restrictions or anything. This is where we normally do all our shopping, etc.  
 Image Image

57Diana
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 365

Post by 57Diana » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:36 am

Yes all of Ohio Schools are closed. Got an email from the district I retired from, they are setting up online schools and lessons even for the little ones.  For those who need computers, things are being set up for to borrow computers.  For those with no access, they have to come get packets to work.  Our kids have spring break this month and had no snow days, so they can use that for one week. So that leaves only week 3, so far. And since I worked in a "working poor" district, free lunches are an issue. So the letter said that by Monday, they would have information where those families can come pick up food, so they have a lot they are trying to do.
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 239

Post by karensay » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Our schools are still open.  I have to go back to work at 2:00 to drive the K-12th graders back to their homes.

I am supposed to go to a CROP at the beach 26-29 Mar.  Have not heard anything about that being cancelled.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1249

Post by CarrieG » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:08 pm

we are officially on spring break here......but who knows if it will get extended--  texas has been relatively quiet....the state did cancel a training that DH was to go to at the end of the month tho

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 770

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Some schools on Long Island were closed yesterday, and more are being added on. My grandkids school district is closing after today. They will be closed all next week and the week after will be their normal spring break.

Image Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3031

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:49 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:08 pm
we are officially on spring break here......but who knows if it will get extended--  texas has been relatively quiet....the state did cancel a training that DH was to go to at the end of the month tho

Our Governor just declared a State of Emergency. I think he did it because of the confirmed cases found in North Texas and Austin, San Antonio and Houston. Nothing here in my city/county/region. We too are on Spring Break and it just got extended to another week. All colleges/schools here. Except the 2 school districts I live in. Lot of our festivals are happening here this week and next and those cancelled too.
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:52 pm

So now the West Virginia Governor has closed all schools. So all my grandkids are now out of school til about April  7th.  Hope everyone stays healthy and safe and this is just a precautionary thing! 
 Image Image

Return to “General Talk”