Challenge and General Update

Moderator: ACOT Employee

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1122

Challenge and General Update

Post by beachlover » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 am

Sorry for not being on the MB and choosing winnerfor the first Motivational Challenge yet...  I had Wed. the 18th off of work to do a Webinar for my upcoming retirement.  Wound up starting to feel crummy.  Went to work the next morning with a flu bug and was immediately sent home.  Told that since my symptoms were similar to some Covid-19 symptoms, I could not return until I got a negative test or take a 14 day self lockdown.  Friday DH says since he lives with me, he has to do the same as per his employer.  Thankfully he was working alone and able to work the full day and finished with a 55 hour work week.  I was able to get a tele visit at 9am Monday with Dr who told us to go get tested right away but it was taking 5-8 days for results...  We both got Negative results back on Wednesday and were told we still needed to wait 72 hours for safety reasons.  Long story long, we can both go back to work Monday!  I have never wanted to work so bad, lol!!!  It was Thursday before we started moving around and doing things.  We have been sleeping, and finally feel great, probably mostly from actually getting decent sleep and taking it easy a few days!!  

But, during this time my laptop has been acting up.  Its been slow and messy since I had it uupgraded to Win 10 in January and I realized it is 5 years old.  But I have been cleanng and working at it and today, it is FINALLY acting better!  And I did start writing the next Motivational Challenges, which I plan to start on April 1st!!! So get ready!!!  I will pick my random winners before then!  

Speaking of 5 years, my Harley baby is 5 tomorrow!!!  And has a check up at the vet.  Poor baby!!  We will try to stop at the pet store and get her wet food that we mix wihth the dry - been out a while, and see if we can let her pick out a toy for her birthday!!

Let's see...  Well, DH and I were supposed to go to NC for a big race the 3rd weekend in MARCH - that was canceled.  Then this weekend, I was supposed to be on a 4 day scrap retreat AT THE BEACH IN DE!!!  UGH!!!  Of course that was canceled.  But I did get 5 LO's done last weekend, need to upload.

My poor father is stuck in rehab and on the  18th, his birthday, one of his nurses set up a FB acct for him and we all got to send pictures and birthday wishes to him.  Later that evening, he was taken to the hosp...  they think he had a seizure, which is part of the auto immune disease they think he has.  I think it was Friday when they took him back to rehab.  He wants to be home, is very depressed but we finally have him reassured that as soon as the stay in place ban is lifted, he is coming home!  He just needs to work really hard on all his therapy.  And the other day I did video chat with him, he liked that.  Some Cherry prayes would really be appreciated to give him peace and strength to get through this tough time.  His biggest fear is that he will never go home, but I have promised him that I'd bring out the SWAT team if I had to to get him home.

What is happening in everyone else's world??  
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 684

Re: Challenge and General Update

Post by LoreenC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:16 pm

WOW ! Glad you & DH are better and that you can go back to work, because you want too!  I feel bad for your Dad and will say a Prayer for him!
My Dad is 85 and lives alone in WA state, the worst place! I talk to him every other day! He has respiratory issues and I am glad he lives in a  very rural area!
DH has been very busy, washing & waxing our pick up today we are heading into 80° weather, which will pretty much stay until the 90’s and 100’s for summer!! I am hoping all the warmer and hotter weather will knock this virus out for all of us here! We have only a few positive cases so far!
Good Luck and Be Safe!
ImageImageImage

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 398

Post by wimom » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Glad you got a negative test and are feeling better!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1404

Post by emmapaige » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:36 pm

So glad you and Tom tested negative.  Continue to stay safe!!

I haven't felt like scrapping the last few days.  I completed my DT assignments for early April and that's been it.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 260

Post by Vicki R. » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Happy you and hubby tested negative, Ann.  Prayers for your dad too.  It is just a sad situation all the way around.  The little ones don't understand and the older ones live in constant fear.    My heart aches for everyone, especially those that have been directly affected by this virus.  I can't not even imagine watching a loved one suffer through it alone.  That is heartbreaking...isolation and alone.

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1404

Post by emmapaige » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:40 pm

And I hope you dad can come home soon for you and your sweet, sweet mom, Sandi!! 

All you other Cherries, I've been blessed to meet Ann's mom several times at the crop we attend.  You could never find another sweeter lady than Sandi. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3416

Post by Deanna13 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:15 pm

You have so much going on, Ann! I'm glad to hear you both were negative. Keeping you all in my prayers! 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3016

Post by blbabe1234 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 pm

Thank goodness ya'll's tests came back negative. Whew!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1671

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:50 am

I can not imagine the stress of waiting for those results! So glad to hear you had good news and are on the mend. 
Susan  Image

shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1672

Post by shoorn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Wow - you really have had quite a few weeks! Glad that you didn't have Covid 19 but the flu is miserable too. Glad you are feeling better.

Prayers for your Dad.

I have been staying inside for the past 10-11 days. DH has been doing all the shopping when needed. I have gotten a lot done this month scrap-wise - been concentrating on getting pictures scrapped. Also got my Easter cards done. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 604

Post by Linda S. » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:12 pm

So happy that you and your husband are feeling good and can go back to work on Monday.  Prayers going up for your dad. 

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 673

Post by 1scrappymom » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 am

I'm so sorry Ann. Glad you guys are feeling better!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Post by pawprints » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Ann I was thinking about you and your dh and am SO HAPPY to hear that you both tested negative! Thank God. I'm glad you're both feeling better too. And happy birthday to Harley!! I can't believe she is 5! So sorry for your dad. It is so hard.

Other than dh having to get blood testing and a blood transfusion every 3 weeks, we are staying in. It is so frightening that he has to go out at all he is such high risk. Especially to the hospital for the transfusion. Last time they wouldn't even let me go in with him the hospital was on lockdown. Not letting any visitors in. Next week he will be due again and it is terrifying. At least the hospital gives out masks to everyone and everyone in there wears masks.

My mom is all alone in her house but hanging in there. My sister and I talk on the phone with her and text her, and my bil goes to the grocery store and drops off groceries for her, as has my dd. I even sent her some things from my freezer and picked up meds for her and dropped them off at her house. We wave and talk on the phone while I sit in front of her house.  I feel so bad for her being alone in her house through all of this. And her 89th birthday is on Easter Sunday. I am already thinking of what I am going to do for her without her being able to have her family with her

Who ever thought that we would ever go through a time like this.

Image Image  Image Image

lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 90

Post by lmcgill » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:13 am

So glad you are ok.  Will keep your family in our prayers and hopefully we will get to crop together soon.

Return to “General Talk”