Face Mask help

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 915

Face Mask help

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Could I ask if any of you cherries have or know how to make masks, could I buy/commission some from you? We cannot get masks anywhere here. Ordering online takes weeks / months and we don't have that kind of time. Some of the stores in our neighborhood (Flushing, Queens) are putting up signs that you can't enter unless you are wearing a mask. Or even God forbid any of us gets sick and not want to infect the rest of the family. Neither of us knows how to drive so it's not like we can drive somewhere else or use public transportation right now to go elsewhere. We just placed a huge order with BJs, but do need to run out at least 1x a week to get milk/eggs/bread/do laundry. This is really freaking me out.  :(  I can sew on paper like nobody's business but have absolutely no skill with fabric sewing. I could paypal you, make something for you, anything really. I would so so so appreciate it! xoxo

There's my husband at the change machine at the laundry this morning. This is real. I cannot believe we are in this dystopian apocalypse right now. I am freaked out that my regular, everyday places look like this. No folding allowed to keep the occupancy less than 10 people. Plus, we didn't really want clean clothes touching anything else anyway. We just threw everything in our laundry bags and folded at home. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 247

Re: Face Mask help

Post by DN in MN » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Oh my goodness... I am so sorry Anne-Marie! I am sure someone on here will have an answer as I don't other than someone made a mask out of bandanas.  Not sure it will help or not:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAQaIt3QZ4
 Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 35/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 269

Post by Flasher » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:53 pm

I don't sew, but I'm sure one of the Cherries will be able to at least point you in the right direction.  I have a small box of masks on hand that I bought 2 years ago.  I use them during Flu season when I have to be out and about since I'm technically "at risk".  I never thought I'd actually be glad I have them.  I'm down to 9 or 10, I think.   I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed about this.  I know that where you are, it's especially hard to feel anything other than fear.  I'll be thinking of you and sending you tons of webby hugs! 
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1209

Post by CarrieG » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 pm

if i sewed i would gladly send you some...but we are just doing the bandana thing when we go to the store

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 243

Post by Vicki R. » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:54 pm

I know that Joyce/J'aire has made a few.  Not sure if she is still making them.  There are a lot of patterns on you tube.  There was also one in my e-mail from Joanns.com. 

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:57 pm

That is so scary!! Anne-Marie, I can send you some regular face masks. Just pm me your address and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 90

Post by lmcgill » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm

How many do you want?  Celticrose and I are making them for healthcare workers and would love to make some for you.  Pm either one of us.

Flasher
Cherry Delight

Post by Flasher » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:57 pm
That is so scary!! Anne-Marie, I can send you some regular face masks. Just pm me your address and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. 

So nice of you, Deanna!

Flasher
Cherry Delight

Post by Flasher » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:54 pm

lmcgill wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm
How many do you want?  Celticrose and I are making them for healthcare workers and would love to make some for you.  Pm either one of us.

This is so awesome! 👌 💗 💗

JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 363

Post by JAire » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:51 am

I've PM'd you Anne-Marie.
Joyce Ann

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 243

Post by Vicki R. » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:14 am

You will have some in the mail in the next few days....

Looks like everyone is willing to help a friend!  Take care and stay well.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO MAIL SOON.... SEEMS THE USPS IS THREATENING TO SHUT DOWN BY JUNE!

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 am

Does anyone have her address? I haven't heard back. 
 ImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 960

Post by MTCanuk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:43 am

Thanks for helping a fellow cherry out!  You’re all the best!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 am

I wish I could help but we donated our extras to our local hospital a few weeks ago. Luckily we have Cherries who so graciously can help.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 284

Post by traveler » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 am

You can clean masks by putting Purell on the outside of them. That is what doctors and hospitals are now doing to re-use masks. 
Last edited by traveler on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am

She sent me her address via Facebook.  💖
 ImageImageImage

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 639

Post by 1scrappymom » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 pm

I'm so sorry Anne-Marie. I know you are in a hard-hit area. I have sewing directions from our local hospital if anyone needs the directions. I'm looking into it. I know you have to be particular about the fabric you use as the virus is very small and can get through regular cotton fibers.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:02 pm

Laura wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:53 pm
I don't sew, but I'm sure one of the Cherries will be able to at least point you in the right direction.  I have a small box of masks on hand that I bought 2 years ago.  I use them during Flu season when I have to be out and about since I'm technically "at risk".  I never thought I'd actually be glad I have them.  I'm down to 9 or 10, I think.   I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed about this.  I know that where you are, it's especially hard to feel anything other than fear.  I'll be thinking of you and sending you tons of webby hugs! 

Stay safe, Laura! Take care of yourself! I'll take those webby hugs!!! I also have to upload the pics of all the layouts I've done with just one of the prize paper pads you sent me! It's totally gotten me thru this month! :) 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:53 pm
Oh my goodness... I am so sorry Anne-Marie! I am sure someone on here will have an answer as I don't other than someone made a mask out of bandanas.  Not sure it will help or not:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAQaIt3QZ4
Thanks, Deanna! I know we have some bandanas around here. I'm not much of a sewer so we shall see LOL!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:04 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 pm
if i sewed i would gladly send you some...but we are just doing the bandana thing when we go to the store

How's it work? I am going ot look for our bandanas. I hadn't even thought of them until this thread, to be honest. I'm feeling a bit scattered, kwim?
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “General Talk”