Tell me something good...WINNER

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cat1393
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 221

Re: Tell me something good...

Post by cat1393 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:08 pm

My son tested positive, which puts me on a precautionary mandatory quarantine, he must be feeling much better, since he's scrubbing the upstairs bathroom! As for me, I am good, feeling no symptoms. And I even cleaned the downstairs bathroom :) 

Christine

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2991

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:25 pm

With the travel bans, DH's boss isn't traveling to clients offices. Hence, DH ISN'T traveling to client's offices. PLUS, that allows DH and his boss to get their work done DURING the week allowing both of them to stay home on the weekends. This truly benefits DH's boss's children - they are 8 and 11. Boys. And with DH home, he can work on his Honey Do List and also spend time in his CNC Room playing with his X-Carve machine.

I am now able to spend at least ONE FULL DAY in my scraproom. That is usually Sundays. And I love it.

One of our fave local restraunts can no longer stay open to provide meals curbside or delivery. However, the owner had a great idea and have already started the process. Drive In Movies! Their parking lot is big enough and there is no one around them. So they set it up online and have already sold out movie tickets for this Wednesday and Thursday. They will also have a very limited menu and you can order food from them. This will keep their empoyees EMPLOYEED and working!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

jcsmaestra
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 475

Post by jcsmaestra » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Retiree3 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:11 pm
Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:08 pm
As some of you know, I lost my DH in January last year. So last week I checked bank account and discovered two stimulus check deposits. DH received his retirement in January so that was earned income and I have to file joint return because of that. Taking care of one another for more than 52 years of marriage and still taking care of me after he’s gone! 💕.

I didn't know that your husband had passed away. I am so sorry for your lost.

Donna 

I didn’t know your dh passed away last year.  My sincere condolences to you for your loss.  
Love is all around you. Image

Mary

jcsmaestra
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 475

Post by jcsmaestra » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:42 pm

My dh was able to get our broken clothes dryer running temporarily.  It can only run at a low temp for 10 minutes at a time, but at least it starts the drying process.  We hang up the clothes to finish drying and they retain their softness after being in the dryer.  After the quarantine is lifted we will call a repairman. 
Love is all around you. Image

Mary

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 747

Post by pawprints » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:48 pm

We have been doing good with being able to get grocery deliveries and getting new dates every two weeks. We are all ok and to me that is most important. I miss the grandkids but dd sends pics and videos and the kids sometimes text me. Aiden even texted me a sound bite where he said "I love you so much grandma". That just melted my heart. Knowing they are all ok is priceless. And my dh being ok after having to go up to the hospital for his transfusions… I thank God for that.

Image Image  Image Image

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 290

Post by traveler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:54 pm

I also have a high school senior. Here, they made large banners (like 2ft by 3ft) of each of the senior athletes and hung them on the fence outside the stadium. It's a nice tribute but my son would much rather have had his last track season, especially after he had such promising season this winter. 

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 413

Post by JillinIN » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:17 pm

I've had some time to scrapbook!! I've been able to work from home and am thankful for that.
Jill
 ImageImage

Sandi0805
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1814

Post by Sandi0805 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Like others have said, I am so thankful that none of my family has gotten sick.   My daughter and grandkids run to the store for me when I need something so I don't have to go out.  On a positive note, I love the technology we have today.  Being able to communicate via texting.  Just about everyday since we have been on a stay at home here in Indiana four of my scrappy friends and I text each other just to see how we are doing.  We ask for suggestions, post pics of scrappy layouts for opinions, place group orders to help small businesses and just stay in touch with what is going on in our lives and to be there for each other if needed.  We are planning to get together next week (weather permitting) for lunch.  We will each go through a drive-thru for our lunch and then meet in a large parking area and have a tailgate party.   We will each sit at the back of our cars at least 6-10 feet apart.  I have lots of scrappy goodies to give them that I group ordered for us and figured this would be a great way to do it plus see each other from a distance.   Hoping Holcomb lifts the stay home on May 1st or at least some of it.    
Image Image
ImageImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 355

Post by sdwhru » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Me and my DH have so much to be thankful for.  So DH has been working out of town since last May (10 months).  He started a new job at the end of March.  The last place was Phoenix, AZ and his old company wanted to fly him home (March 27th).  Being the wife and he has heart surgery for a valve 10+ years ago, I did the absolutely not.  He made it back safe and sound (and has not gotten sick so far).  I work at home 3 days a week and got in part days for the other.  With him starting a new job, our health insurance kicked in his first day of work so no lapse in coverage (and half the cost of the other company).  

My only complaint that having during this is DH had a heart & lung scan done at end of January.  Test results come back in February and he was already in Phoenix.  He has something on his thyroid that needs to be checked and the cardiologist was supposed to send it to PCP.  And, of course, they didn't.  So know trying to get hold of someone during this mess is going terrible.  So please pray that we can get the results to his PCP and go from there.

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 761

Post by suewho372 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:19 pm

I am fortunate to be able to work at home. and even in the middle of all this craziness the slow down of running around has been very good for me. 
I do get lonesome being alone, but I do get to go out to the grocery and work for a couple hours during the week to do some stuff I can't do from home.
My son/wife and the 2 babies are good- did an easter driveby and they send me lots of photos/videos and facetime. My daughter and i talk all the time, as do my sister and I. friends are keeping in touch with texting or calls. My house is getting a much needed change..... pulled things off the wall. have a HUGE donation pile (for when that opens back up), painting and cleaning ..... and a little craftiness too! 
And I haven't been able to travel for work- travel ban- so that has given me more time as well. I've been able to be on here more than I have in awhile!!! 
Whew! things are are good even in the middle of the chaos !! 
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3364

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:51 am

Another happy thing....we found out last night that DD Michelle and her family just bought the house they've been renting for many years. The owner has changed a couple times and the last was owned by an oil company because there are some tanks up on top the hill and they finally sold to some one else. Any way they are to close this Friday. Woo!  💖
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 639

Post by LoreenC » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:09 pm

I have a neighbor, directly across the street, my window faces him. He had two big Labradoodle dogs in a tiny pen. This bothered me. Then he used them for a litter of puppies, there were 10. It was winter, but not really too cold here, when the puppies were almost old enough he put the Female and all puppies outside in the tiny pen. It is kennel fence but the ground is all rather large rocks. I was very  upset . My DH is rather friendly with this guy.
So very luckily he sold the puppies rather quickly , and then the female adult. The poor Male, left behind is neglected, which they all were really, Left in tiny cage, almost all the time , fed once, hosed out twice a week, maybe. Making this short as I can. So our weather is going to high 90’s ( not a typo) maybe 100 degrees at the end of the week. I told DH, if he leaves the dog out, no shade, Something will be done!! DH says if he does that he will go over there. This has been going on!
Now to tell you something GOOD!! My friend texted me this morning, her backyard adjoins his, she wants that dog !! I could not wait to get his number from DH!! She called and he sold the dog to her for $250.00. ( he wanted $1100. Originally !! 
Anyway the Dog was let out a bit before she got there & the guy picked up a bit and when she got there I almost cried, the dog was thrilled, followed her to the car and jumped in the Back!! My Friend is also so excited, she has 2 other rescues and they got along great! She has been sending me texts & photos all morning! 
The last was a video of this poor dog just sitting at her feet, in her house, and is looking so grateful to be petted, I did cry!God  Bless her!

ImageImageImage

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 761

Post by suewho372 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:40 pm

LoreenC wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:09 pm
I have a neighbor, directly across the street, my window faces him. He had two big Labradoodle dogs in a tiny pen. This bothered me. Then he used them for a litter of puppies, there were 10. It was winter, but not really too cold here, when the puppies were almost old enough he put the Female and all puppies outside in the tiny pen. It is kennel fence but the ground is all rather large rocks. I was very  upset . My DH is rather friendly with this guy.
So very luckily he sold the puppies rather quickly , and then the female adult. The poor Male, left behind is neglected, which they all were really, Left in tiny cage, almost all the time , fed once, hosed out twice a week, maybe. Making this short as I can. So our weather is going to high 90’s ( not a typo) maybe 100 degrees at the end of the week. I told DH, if he leaves the dog out, no shade, Something will be done!! DH says if he does that he will go over there. This has been going on!
Now to tell you something GOOD!! My friend texted me this morning, her backyard adjoins his, she wants that dog !! I could not wait to get his number from DH!! She called and he sold the dog to her for $250.00. ( he wanted $1100. Originally !! 
Anyway the Dog was let out a bit before she got there & the guy picked up a bit and when she got there I almost cried, the dog was thrilled, followed her to the car and jumped in the Back!! My Friend is also so excited, she has 2 other rescues and they got along great! She has been sending me texts & photos all morning! 
The last was a video of this poor dog just sitting at her feet, in her house, and is looking so grateful to be petted, I did cry!God  Bless her!
 This made me CRY!!!!!  awww I am soooo happy that he now has a wonderful home! Yes God Bless your friend!! What a sweet heart!!! 

Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2991

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:59 pm

LoreenC wrote:

This made me cry and I was debating on whether or not to finish reading. But thank god that sweet boy is rescued. And your friend....bless her heart. She is his guardian angel!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1148

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Hubs still has a job to go to and the kids are able to do school work online.  So those things I am very thankful for.
Melissa H.ImageImage

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1148

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 pm

LoreenC wrote:

What a blessing!
Melissa H.ImageImage

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1559

Post by mgehrke » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:07 am

Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:08 pm
As some of you know, I lost my DH in January last year. So last week I checked bank account and discovered two stimulus check deposits. DH received his retirement in January so that was earned income and I have to file joint return because of that. Taking care of one another for more than 52 years of marriage and still taking care of me after he’s gone! 💕.

Hi Charleneanne - I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing, but am happy to hear that he is still watching over you. (((HUGS)))
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 55, 33 and 27) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (3) and Sawyer (1).

shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1643

Post by shoorn » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Yesterday I was happy to be able to go for my physical therapy assessment and get a cane (I have been using my hiking stick). I am happy that they are still open and taking people!

I am also thankful that DH has been able to do the grocery shopping!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 pm

My good thing for the day:
From my scrapbook room window I'm able to see my 22-month-old grandson run around our backyard with his daddy, my son-in-law, trying to keep up. They live next door and our yards are fenced in together.
I love seeing him walk with those chubby little legs, pointing as he discovers a bird, rock or piece of wood.
Jill
 ImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:37 pm

LoreenC wrote:

This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that sweet dog has a new home and is feeling loved. I'm glad he found homes for all the puppies and their mom also. So glad this had a happy ending.
Jill
 ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”