Monday Musings

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 275

Monday Musings

Post by Flasher » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:26 am

I've been thinking about something today. I wonder how many other people can relate.

Is there a store (brick and mortar or online) that it seems everyone and their brother shops at, but you either have no interest in it, or no luck with it?

For me, it's Wayfair. I can't think of a person in my whole family or a single one of my friends that DOESN'T shop at Wayfair. I've looked at Wayfair several times and have found absolutely nothing that interests me. Well, that's not entirely true. I did find a canister set for the kitchen, but upon doing some research, found the same canister set cheaper at both Amazon and Macy's. And by cheaper, I mean more than $30.

So how about you? Is there a store that everyone loves, but you can do without?
I wish people came with a thirty second trailer so I can see what I'm getting myself into. 

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 271

Re: Monday Musings

Post by Vicki R. » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:48 am

Agree with you...I know a lot of people that buy from Wayfair too.  I get info in the mail all of the time but have never seen anything that interested me.  Our daughters have bought furniture from Wayfair and love it.  I guess I need to see something like that IRL before I will buy it.  The quality of online furniture or home goods worries me.

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:52 am

I can't stand really big stores, the ones that come to mind are Walmart and Costco. I have only bought from Walmart online. Everyone I know goes to Costco, but I have only gone there when I was with another person who needed to go there. When there is not a pandemic, I do not like to buy in bulk, I always bought  what I needed and then I would get more when I needed more. 

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 pm

I have always had an aversion to "trendy" clothing stores like Gap and Old Navy. Their items are mostly cheap and ill-fitting, I think.  I guess they fit the teens and twenty-somethings well, but not me...I'm not built like a model, for sure. lol  

As for other stores, online or brick & mortar, I just like to shop, so I will even check out things at stores where I never find what I want. lol  I go to Macy's regularly and I'm sad thinking they may not survive this pandemic. They already had problems. :(

I have never shopped at Wayfair. I prefer to actually get brands I know and trust for most things. 
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1026

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:22 pm

I do shop on line as our shopping is VERY limited.  But Wayfair is not one of them!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

aheatfan
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 293

Post by aheatfan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:13 pm

I really hate Walmart.  I much prefer Target and only go there if there is no other alternative. I have been in nicer Walmart stores in other parts of the state but ours is always so crowded, never enough registers and they are always stocking and blocking the aisles no matter what time you go, just not worth it!!
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 356

Post by sdwhru » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:41 pm

I DETEST Wal-mart with a passion aka HELL-Mart.  The workers are rude (if you can find one) and half the time not in stock what I want (even before the pandemic).  But I do buy online and have shipped to my house LOL

I'm honestly not impressed with Overstock, either.  I think their prices are higher than other online places (Amazon, etc).

As a rule of thumb for anything I'm buying online that is more than say $50, I get all the information and start searching before I buy from any certain place.

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Like many others - I hate Walmart.  They never have enough lanes open and their shelves are always a disaster.

I've ordered a few things from Wayfair and for the most part have been happy with my purchases.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 775

Post by suewho372 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:26 pm

Old Navy for me.
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1706

Post by shoorn » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Not really sure. I do shop at Wal-Mart - it is a love/hate relationship. While traveling around it is easy to find a Wal-Mart in small towns (were we usually are) so all our prescriptions are there and are easily transferred from one Wal-Mart to another. They vary all over the place depending on where they are - some are much better than others. 

Don't care for Old Navy or Macy's 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 239

Post by karensay » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:59 am

I have never bought anything from Wayfair or Overstock. I don't know anyone who does.

I shop WM because their prices are so much less than other local grocery stores. Ours is being revamped and everything is being moved and the shelves are so high I feel blocked in. I used to work there 10pm-7am stocking shelves in Cosmetics and Pharmacy.

I am really sad that I walk in an out of M's with coupon in hand, but nothing I want. J's I go to only when they have a paper sale. HL I don't find much in their scrapbooking area that I want. But I did go there over M's to buy a black ink pad because HL had a 40% off coupon and M's did not.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 599

Post by sherelm » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm

YES!! Mine is Tuesday Morning.  I hear about all the great bargains and deals, and I thought it was just me, every time I went it was junk in the scrapbook dept.  Now I see they are closing, or maybe now they are closed.  YAY!  It told me I wasn't losing my mind, at least because of that. 

PS: Everything I bought from Wayfair, which wasn't much - went back.  

Return to “General Talk”