COVID quirk

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1246

COVID quirk

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm

so our county is just below 20 cases so if we stay below that for 30 days (from aug 7th) they will lift the mask mandate in public places.........BUT here is the quirk..........we have 3 families who went on vacay together and ONLY the ADULTS got tested (4) but we had 6 recoveries so we dropped below 20
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 8 kids between the 3 families all have MAJOR symptoms but they were NOT tested just PRESUMED and are quarantined..BUT they do NOT go in our count..........
ummmmmmmmm ya cuz that would throw us back up over 20 by several so our 30 days would stop

im not liking this slightly DISHONEST lil QUIRK.......sigh

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: COVID quirk

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm
so our county is just below 20 cases so if we stay below that for 30 days (from aug 7th) they will lift the mask mandate in public places.........BUT here is the quirk..........we have 3 families who went on vacay together and ONLY the ADULTS got tested (4-positive) but we had 6 recoveries so we dropped below 20
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 8 kids between the 3 families all have MAJOR symptoms but they were NOT tested just PRESUMED and are quarantined..BUT they do NOT go in our count..........
ummmmmmmmm ya cuz that would throw us back up over 20 by several so our 30 days would stop

im not liking this slightly DISHONEST lil QUIRK.......sigh

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm

I don't know if I will ever go out without a mask for the rest of my life!! 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

aheatfan
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 293

Post by aheatfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:45 pm

It's so frustrating!!! We heard on the news this morning that the number of over 4,000 cases today was skewed because the lab dropped date two weeks behind. We are well over 20% EVERYDAY.  I wonder if we will ever go back to life as normal. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 132

Post by Aztam » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:20 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm

SAME
👋

Tam

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Yes, I had heard that if one person in a family tests positive, they presume everyone in the family is and add them to the numbers. That is not right!  My doctor's wife tested positive back in March!  She thought she just had a bad cold and she was careful with her handwashing (she is married to a doctor, after all) and she made sure to cough/sneeze into her sleeve, and they continued to sleep in the same bed and he never got it!  (She was tested at the beginning of April and found to have the antibodies, and he tested negative.  So, it is possible not to catch it from somebody in your home.  In fact, that actually made me feel a bit better about returning to school, because I wash my hands in every class (art is messy! lol).  

I just want things to go back to normal...I refuse to accept that we will be wearing masks at school forever, now. :(
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Some people are immune. My SIL took care of her husband when he had it, her son when he had it, and her mother when she had it and never got sick. Husband and son tested positive for anti-bodies.

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 308

Post by traveler » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:07 pm

emmapaige wrote:

Not a bad idea. Mask wearing also reduces the common cold, helps asthma, and might prevent you from getting the flu next year. 

Last edited by traveler on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 275

Post by Flasher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm

emmapaige wrote:

During flu season, I've ALWAYS worn a mask out. From November through March, I've always worn one because of my Diabetes and other issues.

Until there are UNIVERSAL guidelines about COVID, we're going to be stuck in the cycle for a very long time.
I wish people came with a thirty second trailer so I can see what I'm getting myself into. 

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 271

Post by Vicki R. » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:54 pm

There is so much confusion with how the number of cases vs. deaths vs. testing is being done.  I do know this...I personally, do not take issue with wearing a mask to protect myself or someone else.  There is no feeling of being controlled by doing this.  I do it because I care about others. 

JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 410

Post by JAire » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:56 am

Amen Vicki!
Joyce Ann

Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 6

Post by Jenni328 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:17 am

I am starting to think this will never end

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1259

Post by Yankeegirl » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:25 pm

We need MORE TESTING (here in PA, hard to get tested without symptoms or exposure).   I am going to give blood if I can get the antibody test.  But will likely be negative because I have been pretty careful and have had no symptoms.
I will be wearing my mask in public until there is a well-tested and proven vaccine, which I will get.  Hopefully early in 2021, but not sure this will happen...... 
Autumn is the season that teaches us that change can be beautiful.

Kathy
Image                Image

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 974

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:31 pm

This was the case here in NYC early on - there were so many cases / deaths that were not official because there just wasn't the testing capability yet. I don't know when I'll feel comfortable going out without a mask either. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:34 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:31 pm
This was the case here in NYC early on - there were so many cases / deaths that were not official because there just wasn't the testing capability yet. I don't know when I'll feel comfortable going out without a mask either. 

when i questioned our doctor about it he said they are trying to be careful with the tests we have because they fear the start of school is gonna cause a big KABOOM of cases or potential cases...we would run out of tests in a matter of days.......sigh    still i think that when they are labeled presumed that they should be in the count

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1338

Post by scrapy1967 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:21 pm
Yes, I had heard that if one person in a family tests positive, they presume everyone in the family is and add them to the numbers. That is not right!  My doctor's wife tested positive back in March!  She thought she just had a bad cold and she was careful with her handwashing (she is married to a doctor, after all) and she made sure to cough/sneeze into her sleeve, and they continued to sleep in the same bed and he never got it!  (She was tested at the beginning of April and found to have the antibodies, and he tested negative.  So, it is possible not to catch it from somebody in your home.  In fact, that actually made me feel a bit better about returning to school, because I wash my hands in every class (art is messy! lol).  

I just want things to go back to normal...I refuse to accept that we will be wearing masks at school forever, now. :(

Laura the doctors office I go to one of the doctors  got it he was hospitalized for a while and is married to a doctor. She did NOT get it. 
ImageImage 

Return to “General Talk”