My Papercrafting & Art YouTube Channel- Invite

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ksimoner
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 9

My Papercrafting & Art YouTube Channel- Invite

Post by ksimoner » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Kelly and I am a card maker, scrapbooker and artist. I am also a fairly new papercrafting YouTuber. Here is my channel link.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT2H-1 ... subscriber

I would love for you all to visit my channel and see the fun tutorials I have. Also, I recently started an art series called, "Story Time WIth..." These videos feature art I have made in the past and I share the inspirational stories behind the art.

If you stop by let me know you are from ACOT! Have a good week!  :)

tiwillti
Cherry Tart

Re: My Papercrafting & Art YouTube Channel- Invite

Post by tiwillti » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:06 am

Hi Kelly your channel is really cool! I've got some new ideas from your videos. 
I have a question for you from a newbie card maker. I'm thinking about buying an embossing machine, but I can't decide if there is a real need for it. Also if it is useful which one to choose. I came across a review article, but still not sure about it. 

ksimoner
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 9

Re: My Papercrafting & Art YouTube Channel- Invite

Post by ksimoner » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks for checking out my channel. I have an old Spellbinders machine. I don't emboss a lot so it depends on if you plan on how much you plan on doing it. But if you are trying to stock up your papercrafting supplies with the basics, an embossing machine would be a nice thing to have for die cutting and embossing. I mostly use mine for die cutting.

Also, if you have a die cutting machine like a Cricut. that may help you decide if you need this or not.

I looked at the article and the electric one I have seen on HSN's craft shows. I like it cause you don't have to crank it around. It does all the work for you. ( I think I have created a few muscles in my arm for my machine!) LOL! But if you just want to use it occasionally, maybe the smaller one would be a nice place to start. You can always upgrade later.

I hope this helps! Thank you for your idea. I will think about it. Great question!

Return to “General Talk”