no bueno!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1268

no bueno!

Post by CarrieG » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:18 pm

this coming monday and tuesday they are doing mass testing of all prison employees and offenders at our unit and the employees of the school district my DH works for 
he has been put on notice to prepare to be remote teaching again...if the numbers come back at a certain level --he will be home again....i did NOT have part of my daycare kids when he was remote teaching last time--things could get interesting here....so i need some good mojo, vibes, prayers etc.....but its not sounding good...our numbers are jumping in this lil town...we have 45 active cases as of yesterday..........grrrrrrrr( those of you in bigger towns that doesnt sound high but it is for this lil town......sigh)   TX is a covid messsssssssssssssss right now....grrrrrrr
im already working on my big groc list for this weekend and making sure i cover all my bases on the basics and meat for the freezer......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry just had to vent

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 239

Re: no bueno!

Post by karensay » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:11 pm

hope things get better in your area.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 418

Post by wimom » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:49 pm

It's a mess here in Wisconsin now, too. They have opened a field hospital at the State Fair Grounds, about half an hour from me, because of the big influx in hospital admissions. But the local schools are planning to go from twice a week in person instruction to four days a week in person, two houses on my street had parties Saturday -- about 20 cars parked on the street, husband says the clubhouse bar at his golf course is routinely full (he does not go inside). I clearly take this all much more seriously than most people around here.
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 324

Post by traveler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:47 am

45 is quite a lot of cases.

Things had been under control here for quite a whole, but now it is getting bad again. Several teenagers who were supposed to be quarantining have disregarded the quarantine and are spreading it. The whole state is getting worse, but out town in particular because of these kids. We have a very involved mayor who puts out a statement every day. 

We are so careful, but so many people are not. I'm feeling like we need to stock up again in case things get so bad we become afraid to go to stores again. 

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 880

Post by love2stamp » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:02 am

It's getting bad here too! Our little town has 19 cases, but if everyone got tested that I have heard has been sick we would be way up in numbers. One of our community members encouraged people on facebook not to get tested, because then our numbers would go up and potentially close down school. :( My pregnant DIL tested positive for it on Sat. Two of her teacher co-workers had symptoms last weekend, went to school on Monday and were so nice to sit with her at lunch. They then went and got tested on Tuesday and tested positive. No one around here is taking it seriously. Big gathering and events. It's frustrating for those of us that are. 
ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3063

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:18 am

No bueno is right! El Paso is the latest hot spot and they're utilizing a field hospital out there. South Texas hasn't been a hot spot in the last 2 months and kiddos have gone from remote learning to F2F. I know small schools here are shutting down left and right when they get a kid or two positive for COVID because they've got so few kiddos to work with. Surprisingly, the school district I live in has had zero cases. But then again, only half of the kiddos are doing F2F while the others are doing remote learning. SO maybe that helps. We're the only school district here that is still allowing remote learning as a choice. 

Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 281

Post by Flasher » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 am

Ohio is starting to spiral out of control as well.  My county has over 100 cases.    But, our communities are still having Halloween parades, costume contests, and Trick-or-Treating.  In fact, my township had Trick-or-Treat this past Sunday.  There were more people out than I had seen in YEARS!  And, you could count on one hand the number of masks that were in use.  There were so many groups of people it was astounding.  We did not hand out candy. 

I just very recently had started to really feel antsy about being in the house.  See, I haven't been anywhere, except my yard, since March.  I thought, and was hoping, that by Winter, I could get out and about, do my own shopping, see my parents, etc.  I guess I'm in for another 4 or 5 months.  :greenmad: :greensad:
When people tell me "You're going to regret that in the morning.", I sleep in until noon because . . . you know . . . I'm a problem solver.

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 324

Post by traveler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pm

Laura wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:20 am

I just very recently had started to really feel antsy about being in the house.  See, I haven't been anywhere, except my yard, since March.  I thought, and was hoping, that by Winter, I could get out and about, do my own shopping, see my parents, etc.  I guess I'm in for another 4 or 5 months.  :greenmad: :greensad:

That is really tough. All through this, I have at least been going for walks in my neighborhood. I hope you are able to be in the first group for the vaccine. 

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 356

Post by sdwhru » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:26 pm

I haven't been keeping up with all the numbers but the college kids (that are doing in class learning) have already been told not to come back after Thanksgiving.  If it doesn't get shut down before then.  

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 155

Post by Aztam » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:40 pm

One of my high school friends from a small East Texas town just posted her mom has contracted COVID and is hospitalized. It was bound to reach the rural areas. Hoping new treatments are available soon and folks start taking this seriously. #maskup
👋

Tam

Return to “General Talk”