Seriously though...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 488

Seriously though...

Post by VickiR »

Life really limits my crafting time the past few years.  When we retired, for some unknown reason, I thought I would have unlimited time.  Not!  This past year has been especially difficult losing my mom, FIL and MIL in a 5 month span.  Our youngest daughter has been going through a marriage separation since this past spring.  The emotions run high because it involves our two young grandchildren.  This past week, she had a severe reaction to her second vaccine dose and spent time in the hospital with a PE.  Every day is a new life challenge as I'm sure it has been for all of us. 

The point of my post is...I am seriously loving all of the amazing creativity that everyone here on the boards has!  You ladies truly inspire me with everything that you create.  I try to do challenges every month, but can't seem to get many of them done.  But, I love looking through the gallery.  I'm really making the effort to post more comments too.  So, I just wanted to share how much I love being part of ACOT and the message board.  Thank you all!

And, I hope to do the September Journaling Challenge as my Rewind next month...
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1924

Re: Seriously though...

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:26 am
Life really limits my crafting time the past few years.  When we retired, for some unknown reason, I thought I would have unlimited time.  Not!  This past year has been especially difficult losing my mom, FIL and MIL in a 5 month span.  Our youngest daughter has been going through a marriage separation since this past spring.  The emotions run high because it involves our two young grandchildren.  This past week, she had a severe reaction to her second vaccine dose and spent time in the hospital with a PE.  Every day is a new life challenge as I'm sure it has been for all of us. 

The point of my post is...I am seriously loving all of the amazing creativity that everyone here on the boards has!  You ladies truly inspire me with everything that you create.  I try to do challenges every month, but can't seem to get many of them done.  But, I love looking through the gallery.  I'm really making the effort to post more comments too.  So, I just wanted to share how much I love being part of ACOT and the message board.  Thank you all!

And, I hope to do the September Journaling Challenge as my Rewind next month...
I think we all go through those life phases where we don't get to spend time doing what we love. I'm sorry you have been having it so rough, lately.  Hugs!  Just keep coming  here for inspiration and you will find your mojo (and time) again. :)

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 303

Post by Flasher »

I'm sorry you have so much on your plate right now.  I think, to some extent, we can all relate to that.  So sorry to hear of your daughter's medical scare. 

I agree with you about this board.  There have been many times that the Cherries and their creations have served as comfort and inspiration.

Hang in there.  When things start to calm down, we'll be here!
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

karen c.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 817

Post by karen c. »

So sorry you are going through some rough times. Very sweet words you wrote. Hugs.
ImageImage          ImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1350

Post by CarrieG »

i think many of us can relate on diff levels.........life as been weird, crazy, rough etc..........
HUGS
karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 240

Post by karensay »

Vicki, I hope you can find relaxation and distraction in the posts and gallery here at ACOT.

I have not been scrapping much, but I do enjoy coming here to see many familiar names posting.  and I enjoy going through the gallery.  It is like getting away from all the problems and worries that surround us all.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 846

Post by aheatfan »

Sorry you have had so much going on. Sending prayers your way. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations again soon.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1724

Post by emmapaige »

Vicki, I am so sorry you are going through so much....I'm so close to you that I hope you can feel the hugs coming your way!!!

The ACOT MB is where I come to vent, to cry, to share joy and to share not so good news.  I seriously don't know how I would have survived these past few years without my Cherry friends. I love you all so much from the bottom of my heart. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 303

Post by Flasher »

I love you back, Chris!  And every other Cherry here!  💗 😍
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

VickiR
Cherry Bing

Post by VickiR »

emmapaige wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm
Vicki, I am so sorry you are going through so much....I'm so close to you that I hope you can feel the hugs coming your way!!!

The ACOT MB is where I come to vent, to cry, to share joy and to share not so good news.  I seriously don't know how I would have survived these past few years without my Cherry friends. I love you all so much from the bottom of my heart. 
Aw, thank you, Chris...Hopefully, we can meet up one day in the future!

VickiR
Cherry Bing

Post by VickiR »

Thanks for your kind thoughts, everyone.  Just relieving a little stress with friends.
GinniG
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 43

Post by GinniG »

I'm so sorry for all you're going through and have gone through!  I totally understand having been in a similar situation a few years ago.  The best advice I can give you is to just take some deep breaths when it all gets overwhelming and say "It came to PASS and not to stay!"  And tell yourself you can get through the next minute, 5 minutes, whatever and just keep giving yourself time do just BE.  Make a few minutes of time for just you as often as you can.  It's not easy but it's necessary.  I didn't and ended up on anti-depressants.  I hope you don't have to do that but if you do don't delay like I did.  :)  My doctor looked at me and said "I was wondering how much longer you'd wait before asking me for some."  LOLOL! 

Anyway, life will be different but you'll move on.  You won't forget and the grief will hit you when you least expect it.  But you'll learn how to handle it.  And you'll find your days settling down again. 

Meanwhile, prayers and thoughts and {{{HUGS}}}!!!
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by DN in MN »

So sorry that you have had to endure so much in such a little time period!  Thoughts and prayers to you...   I couldn't agree more with your sweet words about this MB and gallery.  

There is so much love, support and inspiration ~  💓to you all!
Image      Image

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3226

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm sorry you have had one life event after another in such a short amount of time. Its' crazy how life works. Hope things start looking up and the chaos starts settling down and you can get creative whenever you want. All day long!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 783

Post by suewho372 »

I am listening and hearing you- we all are. We are all either where you are or will be in one way or another ( no one has the same story, but we have our experiences of loss, grief, sickness and hurt). Life can for sure stop you in your tracks, and knock you down.
Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Baby steps and as slow as you need. Give yourself permission to breathe and just be as you walk through all of things.
I - like you, and many of the other cherries have mentioned have and AM so happy to have the MB and the cherries! And ACOT and the gallery - all of those things such an amazing space and caring group!
So grateful to have all of you too!
You will be back to creating, and we can’t wait to see what you make!
We are here cheering for you!!! Do you hear us?? ❤️❤️❤️
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1445

Post by lissahope26 »

I feel like I'm going through that busy season now.  My scrapping time has been cut back since I got a part time job.  I'm always thinking/planning the next layout though. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1286

Post by MTCanuk »

Sorry you are going through this right now.  I also thought I would have more time to scrap when I retired.  Somehow, I am super busy and my scrapping takes a back seat.  Hoping things will be looking up soon and I look forward to seeing your creations.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Return to “General Talk”