Problem logging in?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1938

Problem logging in?

Post by Art_Teacher »

So,  I am able to login on my Windows 10 computer, but when I try to login on my Windows 7 computer, it just returns to the home page and does not log me in.  I have to login on this computer, because my digital scrapbooking software is not compatible with Windows 10, so I can't upload any layouts on that computer.  I have deleted cookies and so forth.  Any ideas?  Brandon....help!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Brandon Singer
Site Admin
Layouts: 59

Re: Problem logging in?

Post by Brandon Singer »

I just made some small changes that might help. Try logging in again on your Windows 7 computer. 
If it still doesn't work, clicking the reset cookies link on the login page should fix.
-Echo
Brandon Singer
Site Admin

Post by Brandon Singer »

I was finally able to get the problem to happen to me. I tracked the bug and fixed it. You should have no trouble logging in now.
-Echo
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Sorry to say it is still not working for me. :(  It just comes back to the login screen, and I have had the same password forever, so I know that's not it.  I even tried using my email instead of my username, but that didn't work, either.
Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

I even clicked on the Login with Facebook link and it took me to a logged in page that said Hello! at the top but not my name.  It had none of my preferences set, either. :(
Laura
Brandon Singer
Site Admin

Post by Brandon Singer »

Does your windows 7 computer have all available updates installed?
Try usings FireFox (free web browser) on your windows 7 computer. It has some extra stuff in it that helps when on older computers (like windows 7).
-Echo
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

echo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:26 pm
Does your windows 7 computer have all available updates installed?
Try usings FireFox (free web browser) on your windows 7 computer. It has some extra stuff in it that helps when on older computers (like windows 7).

As far as I know, it does.  I will try FireFox...been using Google Chrome.
Laura
JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 600

Post by JAire »

I can’t use Firefox on my Windows 7 desktop, I have been having success getting to ACOT using Edge. Maybe you will, too.
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

JAire wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am
I can’t use Firefox on my Windows 7 desktop, I have been having success getting to ACOT using Edge. Maybe you will, too.
I finally got in...I had to change my password which I've had forever to do it, though. I'm thinking maybe you did some sort of update that requires special characters, which my old password didn't have. Does that make any sense, Brandon?

Laura

Return to “General Talk”