Moderator: ACOT Employee

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 555

Re: I broke my hand!

Post by Shutterbug »

Deanna13 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:04 pm
Oh NO!!! So sorry to hear that. Hope it heals up quickly.

My grandson Marcus broke his wrist in 2 places playing football last week. Tackled a kid before making a touchdown and the other kid fell on him with his arm bent underneath.

Oh no. Poor Marcus! I hope he heals quickly.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1941

Post by Art_Teacher »

Oh, no! I'm so sorry!  I know I would be so inconvenienced and annoyed to lose/limit use of my right hand, too.  Heal quickly! 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 240

Post by karensay »

so sorry to hear this.  I can't imagine not being able to use my right hand.  Be good and get better soon!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 876

Post by aheatfan »

Oh no, sending healing thoughts your way. Hope it heals fast.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 23

Post by Duchess72 »

Oh no. Been there done that... then I had two strokes this year that affected my left side (I am hopelessly left handed)... took four months of OT to finally get back writing and most of my fine motor skills. PT and OT are key. Sending healing thoughts your way.
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 124

Post by Wheeliegirl »

So sorry!  Take care and hope it heals soon!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Post by pawprints »

Oh no I am so sorry! I hope it heals up quickly for you!

Image Image  Image  Image
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Layouts: 819

Post by Rachel Kent »

Oh no! So sorry and hope it heals quickly!  💗
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 149

Post by Karyn_Sue »

oceanbreezes423 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:19 am
OMG, I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you heal real fast, as I too can not imagine not having my right hand, literally for everything!

thank you so much, now that I am in a smaller splint and doing PT I am starting to be able to do more!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

jcsmaestra wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:25 am
So sorry about this. I hope you heal quickly. Meanwhile, be patient and kind to yourself.
thank you so much for the reminder to be kind to myself!  Patience is NOT one of virtues!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

VickiR wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 am
Oh bummer, for sure!  Especially since you're right handed.  Hugs for any discomfort and quick healing too! 

thank you so much. It never was terribly painful, it was sore but I actually have a pretty high pain tolerance!

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

DN in MN wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:36 am
Oh NO!  Thoughts and prayers on a quick recovery!
thank you so much, now that I am in a smaller splint and doing PT I am starting to be able to do more!

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

beachlover wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:39 am
oh no!!!!  Feel better soon!  I have literally stumbled over my own two feet and fallen so do not feel bad.  It happens to the best of us!  (((HUGS)))

thank you so much.  I have balance issues due to spine surgery as a child and not only have I have tripped over my own two feet before, I've even tripped over thin air!!  At least this time I have an excuse.

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:49 am
Oh no! I hope the recovery time goes quickly! I did that years ago - I know what a hassle it is to not be able to use your dominant hand! (((Hugs)))

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 am
oh girl i can feel your pain!  i wore that same exact brace for 11 weekslast year when i tore the sagital band in my right middle finger...it was just an annoying brace and DH called me lobster hand..LOL

hope it heals quickly and you can get back to crafting!

thank you so much.  Oh that's a much worse injury! Glad you recovered. Someone told me it was a "boxer's fracture" brace and asked me what the other guy looked like!  LOL.  Luckily now I'm in a smaller splint and doing PT so I am starting to be able to do more!

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:39 am
Hope your bones heal quickly and you can get back to crafting. Those uneven sidewalks are a menace. I have tripped over a few myself when out walking.

thank you so much.  Haha - the 30something year old ortho hand doc told me that my bones were "healing well for a woman my age" - I guess that was supposed to be a compliment????  Now that I am in a smaller splint and doing PT I am starting to be able to do more!

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Craftyshannon wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:59 am
Oh no!  Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Scrapqueen141 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:01 am
Oh no, how awful! Praying for a quick recovery!

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

seastar wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:25 am
Oh so sorry to hear that! I hope you heal quickly and can get back to crafting and other things soon.

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom

Post by Karyn_Sue »

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:29 am
Oh no……so sorry to hear this. I have an EXTREME fear of falling. I hope you heal quickly.
thank you so much.  I have balance issues from spinal surgery I had as a child and unfortunately I used to fall quite a bit. After breaking one shoulder in one fall and tearing the other rotator cuff in another I saw a personal trainer to help me with my balance.  This was the first time I've fallen in a year - a record for me, and at least I have an excuse better than tripping over my own two feet.

Image   Image

Return to “General Talk”