One of the scariest times in my life...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 369

One of the scariest times in my life...

Post by DN in MN »

Over two weeks ago, BF and I picked up a stomach bug, not COVID, just a bug.  I was sick but able to function for about 4 days.  BF was functioning and taking in fluids but was sick off and on during this whole time.  Wednesday morning, he had a weird tremor/twitch so I took him to Urgent Care.  His blood pressure was extremely low so that me take him to the ER.  From the ER, we found out he was in kidney failure as his calcium levels were low and potassium through the roof.   They said even though he was drinking water/powerade/pedialite and thinking he was hydrating; his kidneys could not keep up.  The doctor said he was lucky he came in when he did as he was still urinating.  Not much, but at least he could still do that.  They said if couldn't urinate, there wouldn't have been much they could do.   They sent him to ICU for a day and 1/2, pumped him full of saline, calcium, magnesium.  He came home yesterday with normal kidney function. Thank the lord and the medical professionals!   They do not know what bug we had other than it wasn't COVID.  It just took its toll on him.  Lesson - if you have diarrhea for more than three days, call you doctor.  Don't think you have it under control because you think you are hydrating.  He has learned that he has to listen to his body.   I still haven't taken it all in but am so grateful, blessed, and thankful today.  

I will put the MBM 2.0 December Bingo together and get the winners from November their points and draw for the grab bag this week.   I will also update my challenges so I am ready for December.   

Image      ImageImage

2022 ~ 0/75 Layouts       0/12 Cards

Gail R
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 76

Re: One of the scariest times in my life...

Post by Gail R »

OMG!  That really is a scare.  So glad he (and you) are doing better.  Prayers for continued healing :)
Gail
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 555

Post by Shutterbug »

Oh Deanna, that is so scary. I am glad you are both doing better.(( Hugs))
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Amy Jo
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 224

Post by Amy Jo »

wow, how frightening. So glad he's ok!!
-Amy Jo 

ImageImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 842

Post by pawprints »

Wow that is so scary! So glad he is ok!! Thank God you took him to Urgent Care and that they sent him to the ER!

Image Image  Image  Image
GinniG
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 66

Post by GinniG »

WOWOW!  Thank God for good doctors and you knowing it was time!  I'm glad he'll be okay and that you're both doing better.  Prayers for continued healing!!!  Take good care of yourselves!
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1852

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Sometimes we have to learn to listen to that small voice of intuition that says something is not right. I am so glad you were able to get him there in time, and prayers for a speedy recovery for both of you!!
Susan  Image   Image  Image
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 4036

Post by Deanna13 »

Oh wow!! That is so scary! Often we don’t go to the Dr. early enough. Glad you are both doing better.
Image Image ImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1963

Post by Art_Teacher »

Yikes! I'm glad you caught it in time.  One of the unfortunate side effects of this pandemic seems to be that it is so difficult to get in to see the doctor that many just don't want to go there.  So important to make sure you get treatment when your body is telling you something is "off."  I hope you both get some rest and continue getting better!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1787

Post by emmapaige »

Oh my gosh Deanna, that really is scary. I’m so glad you got him there in time and he now has normal kidney function. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 919

Post by aheatfan »

Oh my goodness, that is scary!! Glad he is home and doing better and you as well. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

traveler
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 466

Post by traveler »

Glad he is doing better now. Must have been very scary.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1365

Post by CarrieG »

oh so scary!  glad he is doing better!  hugs!
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 326

Post by Flasher »

So glad to hear he is home and on the mend.  I can't even imagine the fear and panic that surely came over you.  ((Hugs))
Many years ago, I resolved to never bother with New Years resolutions again, and I've stuck with it ever since!  📅 🍻

Craftyshannon
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 330

Post by Craftyshannon »

You must have been so scared. I'm so glad he got there in time.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 144

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

DN in MN wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:11 pm
Over two weeks ago, BF and I picked up a stomach bug, not COVID, just a bug.  I was sick but able to function for about 4 days.  BF was functioning and taking in fluids but was sick off and on during this whole time.  Wednesday morning, he had a weird tremor/twitch so I took him to Urgent Care.  His blood pressure was extremely low so that me take him to the ER.  From the ER, we found out he was in kidney failure as his calcium levels were low and potassium through the roof.   They said even though he was drinking water/powerade/pedialite and thinking he was hydrating; his kidneys could not keep up.  The doctor said he was lucky he came in when he did as he was still urinating.  Not much, but at least he could still do that.  They said if couldn't urinate, there wouldn't have been much they could do.   They sent him to ICU for a day and 1/2, pumped him full of saline, calcium, magnesium.  He came home yesterday with normal kidney function. Thank the lord and the medical professionals!   They do not know what bug we had other than it wasn't COVID.  It just took its toll on him.  Lesson - if you have diarrhea for more than three days, call you doctor.  Don't think you have it under control because you think you are hydrating.  He has learned that he has to listen to his body.   I still haven't taken it all in but am so grateful, blessed, and thankful today.  

I will put the MBM 2.0 December Bingo together and get the winners from November their points and draw for the grab bag this week.   I will also update my challenges so I am ready for December.   

Oh Hunny THAT is scary!!! My heart goes out to you! Soooo glad he's ok now!!!
I'm going to share this tale of warning with someone I know, too!
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 127

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Wow! So glad he's okay.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
shoorn
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 2108

Post by shoorn »

Wow - what a scare!! Glad that you took him to the ER and it was caught in time! Glad he is home and recuperating!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image Image Image   Image
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1093

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Omg that is truly scary! I'm so glad he got to the doctor while they could still help - that is frightening! Glad he is on the mend now. Take it easy, both of you! (((hugs)))
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
JAire
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 647

Post by JAire »

So thankful this situation of working out well for you two!
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”