Page 1 of 3

RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 am
by blbabe1234
Good Morning everyone!!! If you haven't already picked your ingredients that were posted on Sunday, please do so by following this link and replying to the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=242862

IF YOU CHOSE

angel hair = cardstock only
fettucine = pattern paper only
linguine = a mixture of cardstock and pattern paper
penne = a die cut paper and cardstock
IF YOU CHOSE

pesto sauce = use pastel colors only
alredo sauce = background color must be white/beige/cream/brown
tomatoe sauce = brights and/or darks only
red wine sauce = black (or a very dark gray) will be the background color

IF YOU CHOSE

italian sausage = use 4 or more photos
chicken = use only 1 photo
shrimp = use only 3 photos
ground beef = use only 2 photos

IF YOU CHOSE

parmasean = sewing/stitching/fabric
mozzarella = glitter (loose glitter, glitter glue, glitter accents, glitter paper, stickles)
asiago = paint/mist
fontina = stamping/inking

PICK AT LEAST TWO, BUT NO MORE THAN FOUR
IF YOU CHOSE

eggplant = buttons
spinach = chipboard
tomatoes = stickers
artichoke hearts = flowers
mushrooms = brads
bell peppers = bling
capers = ribbon

*Here are a few side notes*
Use only your ingredients.
For the papers (pasta), you can use any number of papers

For the colors (sauce), if you chose alfredo, the color listed is only for the background color. You can spruce it up with any other colors. Same if you chose red wine sauce.

Here is my example:

Image

I had my hubby blindly pick some options, so this was my recipe:

fettucine = pattern paper only
alfredo sauce = white/beige/cream/brown background
chicken = 1 photo
mozarella = glitter (the blue pattern paper had little blue glitter dots on it, I then went back and emphasized those glitter dots with some blue glitter glue)
spinach = chipboard (the journaling is a chipboard square, covered in pattern paper)
artichoke hearts = flowers

This is open to everyone - paper, digi, and hybrid! You will have until Saturday, March 31st at 11:59 EST to complete this layout. Please upload it to the gallery and then link it back here as there is not a spot for it. Please list your ingredients when you post back with your layout. A random winner will be selected on Monday, April 2nd and be given a $5 GC to ACOT.

If you have any questions, please ask.

And digi girls, I hope I chose items that you can use. I even asked a really good digi friend to assist me.

And last, but not least.....


HAVE FUN!!!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 am
by oceanbreezes423
WOW, I picked every single thing I almost never use and struggle with. This will DEFINITELY be a challenge!!! :winkb:

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 am
by blbabe1234
oceanbreezes423 wrote:WOW, I picked every single thing I almost never use and struggle with. This will DEFINITELY be a challenge!!! :winkb:
Believe me Susan, this was a challenge for me as well! I don't use glitter or chipboard very often. But boy was it fun! I can't wait to see what you create!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm
by PezKat
So excited!!! Now just have to get my work done so I have time to scrap!! The only thing that will be a challenge for me is the paint/mist, I have a great list! (& I love how some of the ingredients coordinate - mushrooms do look like brads, lol!).

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 pm
by pawprints
I love my ingredients! And I'll be doing it digi!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 pm
by blbabe1234
PezKat wrote:So excited!!! Now just have to get my work done so I have time to scrap!! The only thing that will be a challenge for me is the paint/mist, I have a great list! (& I love how some of the ingredients coordinate - mushrooms do look like brads, lol!).
LOL! Didn't even realize that. Funny!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 pm
by blbabe1234
pawprints wrote:I love my ingredients! And I'll be doing it digi!
Yay! Can't wait to see what you create!:-D

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:49 pm
by PezKat
blbabe1234 wrote:
PezKat wrote:So excited!!! Now just have to get my work done so I have time to scrap!! The only thing that will be a challenge for me is the paint/mist, I have a great list! (& I love how some of the ingredients coordinate - mushrooms do look like brads, lol!).
LOL! Didn't even realize that. Funny!
Wow! Artichokes for flowers was another & several of your sauces coordinate w/their colors, especially alfredo. ;)

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 pm
by blbabe1234
PezKat wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
PezKat wrote:So excited!!! Now just have to get my work done so I have time to scrap!! The only thing that will be a challenge for me is the paint/mist, I have a great list! (& I love how some of the ingredients coordinate - mushrooms do look like brads, lol!).
LOL! Didn't even realize that. Funny!
Wow! Artichokes for flowers was another & several of your sauces coordinate w/their colors, especially alfredo. ;)
LOL! I did the sauces on purpose. But I didn't realize the artichokes. Great eye!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:23 pm
by 1grandma
I chose my ingredients. Where are they? Can I do this anyway? I just don't know what happened to my post of ingredients!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 pm
by pawprints
Refresh my memory on recipe challenges... are we supposed to use ONLY what our ingredients are, or are we allowed to use anything we want as long as we include our ingredients? I think I've only done a recipe challenge once and I honestly don't remember the "rules".

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:43 pm
by pawprints
1grandma wrote:I chose my ingredients. Where are they? Can I do this anyway? I just don't know what happened to my post of ingredients!

Bibi, she has the link to the original thread where we chose our ingredients in the opening post of this thread.

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm
by blbabe1234
pawprints wrote:Refresh my memory on recipe challenges... are we supposed to use ONLY what our ingredients are, or are we allowed to use anything we want as long as we include our ingredients? I think I've only done a recipe challenge once and I honestly don't remember the "rules".
Just your ingredients!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:57 pm
by Charleneanne
oh crud - 4 photos on diecut paper/cardstock. well this is a challenge

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:52 pm
by 1grandma
pawprints wrote:
1grandma wrote:I chose my ingredients. Where are they? Can I do this anyway? I just don't know what happened to my post of ingredients!

Bibi, she has the link to the original thread where we chose our ingredients in the opening post of this thread.
Thanks, Barb. I didn't see it but I will look again. xoxo

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm
by aceason
That was quite a challenge!
I had to use...
cardstock only (cream and red)

a background that was white/beige/cream/or brown, I chose cream
4+ photos, I used 4
glitter, I used glitter flowers, glimmer mist for the big flowers and the background, and Stickles on the chipboard letters,
buttons, on the flower centers
chipboard, on the words
flowers, big ones, little ones and sticker ones
Image

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:06 pm
by 1grandma
aceason wrote:That was quite a challenge!
I had to use...
cardstock only (cream and red)

a background that was white/beige/cream/or brown, I chose cream
4+ photos, I used 4
glitter, I used glitter flowers, glimmer mist for the big flowers and the background, and Stickles on the chipboard letters,
buttons, on the flower centers
chipboard, on the words
flowers, big ones, little ones and sticker ones
Image
Very creative! Love it. Also, I love the way your used sticker flowers and paper flowers. Really well put together!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 pm
by MimaScraps/Lori
It was a great challenge, and I want to upload so badly but have already uploaded 4 today!! Maybe I'll stay up until midnight!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:10 am
by pawprints
blbabe1234 wrote:
pawprints wrote:Refresh my memory on recipe challenges... are we supposed to use ONLY what our ingredients are, or are we allowed to use anything we want as long as we include our ingredients? I think I've only done a recipe challenge once and I honestly don't remember the "rules".
Just your ingredients!

Yikes! No flowers! That will be a challenge for me lol! Although... chipboard flowers, sticker flowers, button flowers... my mind is churning lol!

Re: RECIPE CHALLENGE IS HERE!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 am
by writerlady
Great challenge! Of course I picked 4 photos - I don't think I've ever scrapped 4 or more... lol! Love stepping out of that box.