Page 1 of 3

January Trends & Techniques WINNER!

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 am
by aceason
There was so much and shine and sparkle from you ladies! By random number generator, the winner is suewho372! I am sending out your ACOT gift card here shortly! Enjoy!

So much of January makes me think of shiny, glittery, blingy fabulousness! From the sparkly glitter of New Years, to the shiny ice and snow, it's everywhere in January!
For your January Trends & Techniques Challenge, I want to see some shiny layouts! It could be metallic or foil paper, rhinestone or pearl bling, Stickles, however you want to add some sparkle and shine to your layout!
I drove to several store looking for Diamond Dust this December and almost hugged an employee at M's when she went and found me the last canister they had in store. I added frosty sparkly snow to my flowers to create the winter roses on my layout. I also added rhinstones, pearls, and liquid pearls to give this paper a wintery feel.
Image
I can't wait to see what you ladies come up with!
This is open to all mediums and projects.
Link your layout back to this thread to be entered into a random drawing to win a $5 ACOT gift card.
Projects are due by the last day of January!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:02 am
by pawprints
Great challenge! Love it!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 am
by joannie
Perfect challenge for January!!!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 am
by Retiree3
Beautiful LO!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 pm
by blbabe1234
Love your challenge and your layout!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am
by gtwin07726
Here is mine...I used bling cardstock (diamond) for the border edges, added some pearls, and kept the colors beachy.
Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 am
by debamas
Love sparkly! Let me see what I can do. Your example is simply gorgeous!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm
by 1grandma
Love your LO and your challenge!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm
by Charleneanne
Used lots of stickles, a shiny star, glitter dots, bling squares, pearl drop stuff, and shiny red stones to make this a shiny layout. I love it. The title at top was part of the pp as were the mattes and journaling page so I stickled the title and blinged the journaling block. This was a fun challenge.

Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 am
by killarney_rose
Exquisite layout!!! Absolutely love it! Just had to brag! From Houston south we get to enjoy year round roses in Texas! They slow down but it's beautiful to have them!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm
by debamas
I did another page from my and my dh's trip to Cheaha State Park. Using gold foil leaves, fussy cutted leaves with a shiny copper outline and some sparkle is in the vellum strip as well. http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... %2C-cheaha

Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 am
by Deanna13
Here's mine using Glitter Alphas, Crystal Stickles on the flowers, and pearls near the bottom. :inlove:
Amazing St. Kitts -
Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 am
by croppinmama
Great challenge, love the layouts so far!!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:24 pm
by SherrieLynne
Here is my layout. This was so much fun. Thanks so much for the challenge. The jewels and gold coins around the treasure is hard to see.

Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 pm
by love2stamp
ImageImage

Re:January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 am
by scrappindede
Here's my entry for this fun challenge. There is bling on the paper upper right corner, stickles on the deer, glittered title and JOY tag.

Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 am
by suewho372
Here is my layout! Shiny and Glitter is right up my ally! Thanks for the challenge!
Image

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:35 am
by sherelm
gtwin07726 wrote:Here is mine...I used bling cardstock (diamond) for the border edges, added some pearls, and kept the colors beachy.
Image
I love how "bling" went with beach for you. We often forget the sparkling water is worthy of bling!!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 am
by sherelm
Charleneanne wrote:Used lots of stickles, a shiny star, glitter dots, bling squares, pearl drop stuff, and shiny red stones to make this a shiny layout. I love it. The title at top was part of the pp as were the mattes and journaling page so I stickled the title and blinged the journaling block. This was a fun challenge.

Image
OMG - I read it wrong the first time - I thought you MADE THAT SADDLE - which, btw, is to die for!! Love the way you blinged out the entire layout - "SAM" is so cute too. Good journaling - I "know" the story, too!!

Re: January Trends & Techniques Shiny New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:04 pm
by MimaScraps/Lori
These are all so pretty!!