*Old is New Again* Sept 2013 WINNER!!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 825

*Old is New Again* Sept 2013 WINNER!!

Post by sweetsour » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 am

THANKS TO ALL YOU LOVELY CHERRIES WHO TOOK PART IN MY FIRST CHALLENGE!
SUPER-SCIENTIFICALLY-CHOSEN AT RANDOM IS SANDI0805 ! Congratulations Sandi and as soon as I figure out how you will be getting a $5 GC.
Look for my OCT Halloween Questionnaire as part 1 of the Oct Old is New Again Challenge.

Hey ladies! I’ve been around long enough now I thought I would also like to host some challenges, to give something back. I had a couple ideas along the “Old is new” theme over the past little while, and I picked the one to start off that I thought was most offbeat… so take part if you have the interest, and if you like them I will keep them going!

So the Sept Old is New Again challenge is this:

Ugly Trend

– There are always trends that come out that you don’t like – Crocs come to mind!! They sure are ugly but they are comfortable, right ? Some people like them for gardening or wearing to work, I like mine for camping. How about UGGS? Right there in the name.

So I am also sure there are kits or gifts you’ve gotten with that one piece of paper that is so UGLY you’d never use it. Well I want to see that ugly paper! Dig down deep in your stash and pull out your UGG!

Significantly use paper you think is ugly on a LO. Rethink it to make it work for something .

When I first saw this paper I wanted to throw it out I thought it was so ugly, but I hate to waste anything. And then when I got these pix of my son and his friend, I knew immediately I had the perfect paper !

Fine Print:
1. You may submit more than one entry if you are not combining with anything else.
2. If you are only submitting one entry you may combine with any other challenge that allows it, just let me know which one.
3.Due Sept 30 2013 Midnight, winner will be randomly chosen for a $5 ACOT gift certificate.
4. Have Fun!

-
**PS>> This is not an insult to anyone's tastes, we all have our own ideas and preferences.

- I made a gallery so please post here in the thread and also in the gallery. Thanks!

Thank you to the lovely cherries taking part:
1. jrrah4903 - Jillian
2. Deanna13 - Deanna
3. butterfly843 - Jenn
4. Scrap Bug - Melissa
5. Retiree3 - Donna
6. blbabe1234 - Brandy
7. Scrappy Distractions - Lisa
8. Sandi0805 - Sandi

Last edited by sweetsour on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
 Karrie

debamas
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 228

Re: NEW Challenge *Old is New Again* Sept 2013

Post by debamas » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:20 am

LOL, this one is a must do! I hate to throw out also. Thanks for the challenge to use that UGG!
Debbie

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1458

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:21 am

This is sure a fun challenge, and thanks in advance for hosting it!!!!! I KNOW I have some of that uggggg paper, keeps getting stuffed away. Now to figure out a way to use it, lol!!!
Susan Image Image

stateless
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 242

Post by stateless » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:43 am

Great idea for a challenge! I definitely have some paper that qualifies!
- Valerie/stateless

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2776

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:45 am

OMG..this is gonna be so fun!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2651

Post by Deanna13 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:53 am

I LOVE this challenge, Karrie! I know I have ugly papers I keep passing over! :-D
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

sweetsour
Wild Cherry

Post by sweetsour » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Glad you like my idea, I am so looking forward to seeing what you have!
 Karrie

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 187

Post by 1grandma » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:36 pm

OK! I sure got some ugly paper. Great challenge to use it on. Thanks.
Bibi

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 344

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Great challenge idea!
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 835

Post by average_kim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:24 pm

What a great challenge!! It sure is . . . CHALLENGING to use supplies you don't like! lol!

Love your PS; everyone does have different tastes! One time I was scrapping with one of my besties when I said I needed some bedtime type embellishments. And she tried to give me some sheep stickers. They were the UGGGGLIEST things I have ever seen in my life. But she loved them and didn't know why I wouldn't use them! Wonder if she has any left . . . LOL! (I still don't think I could use those!)
Kim

Image Image  

sweetsour
Wild Cherry

Post by sweetsour » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:42 pm

average_kim wrote:What a great challenge!! It sure is . . . CHALLENGING to use supplies you don't like! lol!

Love your PS; everyone does have different tastes! One time I was scrapping with one of my besties when I said I needed some bedtime type embellishments. And she tried to give me some sheep stickers. They were the UGGGGLIEST things I have ever seen in my life. But she loved them and didn't know why I wouldn't use them! Wonder if she has any left . . . LOL! (I still don't think I could use those!)
-
LOL!! that reminds of when a friend of mine wanted to start scrapping and she'd bought some stickers at the dollar store. She thought they were the cutest things and I was thinking "UUMM I don't know if I can help you" :-D
 Karrie

JillinIN
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 315

Post by JillinIN » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 pm

This sounds like a really fun challenge. I have lots of ugly paper in my stash. lol
Jill
 ImageImage

hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 127

Post by hlg1rose » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Oh my goodness, I have SO MUCH ugly paper! Most of it is ugly because it's old, but I too can't throw anything away.
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1078

Post by Ayla » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:40 pm

And I love my Crocs for work! Lol

Great challenge!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sweetsour
Wild Cherry

Post by sweetsour » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 pm

hlg1rose wrote:Oh my goodness, I have SO MUCH ugly paper! Most of it is ugly because it's old, but I too can't throw anything away.
You could combine with Donna's Use Your Stash challenge = use up 9 of those ugg's!!
 Karrie

sweetsour
Wild Cherry

Post by sweetsour » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Ayla wrote:And I love my Crocs for work! Lol

Great challenge!
Hha I KNEW IT ! Lots of health workers here wear them too!
 Karrie

jrrah4903
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 525

Post by jrrah4903 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am

LOVE this challenge idea. I hope you keep it going. It had me digging in my stash which I love to do. I used this PP - which can't even be called cardstock, it is thinner than even a sheet of printer paper. I have no idea anymore where I even got it from. When I was done scrapping Vegas and had avoided using it, I thought there was no way I'd be able to use it for anything else. Well... the pics are not a card trick, but they sort of seem to go.

Its interesting to me... my wallpaper in the background of the pics is a pretty close match for what I consider one of my ugliest and unusable PP's. LOL!!
- Jillian

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 696

Post by suewho372 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm

thanks for the challenge. YEp I too have UGLY paper that I am too cheap to throw away! So this would be a great use of it.....if I can RE-THINK it! LOL
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

sweetsour
Wild Cherry

Post by sweetsour » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

jrrah4903 wrote:LOVE this challenge idea. I hope you keep it going. It had me digging in my stash which I love to do. I used this PP - which can't even be called cardstock, it is thinner than even a sheet of printer paper. I have no idea anymore where I even got it from. When I was done scrapping Vegas and had avoided using it, I thought there was no way I'd be able to use it for anything else. Well... the pics are not a card trick, but they sort of seem to go.

Its interesting to me... my wallpaper in the background of the pics is a pretty close match for what I consider one of my ugliest and unusable PP's. LOL!!
Yay!! a submission. Thanks so much Jillian for being my very first entry to my very first challenge ever!! and I love your LO!, the paper fits cuz what he's doing is definitely a gamble.
 Karrie

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2651

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 pm

I used really OLD ugly papers and I still don't like them!
Have no idea what brand they are!

I combined this with the Use Your Stash Challenge.

Family Time
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”