September Book Of Me Challenge edited with sample

Moderator: ACOT Employee

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 413

September Book Of Me Challenge edited with sample

Post by JillinIN » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Stepping outside your comfort zone: was there a time when you’ve done something that was outside of your comfort zone or others were surprised that you did it? Maybe you surprised yourself to be taking this action. Tell us about it. Add a photo of you doing what you’re telling about or reenact a photo that is related in some way.
Thanks to Beth (ernstem) for the idea for this challenge!!

The Twist: Step out of your comfort zone for this page. Do something that is not really your style or a technique that you haven’t tried before. Go to the gallery for inspiration and find a style that you like but don’t normally do and give it a try.

Please upload your layout here & in the open contests/ challenges: Book of Me Challenge category in the gallery.Paper, digi & hybrid scrappers welcome.Due date: September 30th, 11:59 pm EST
There will be a random drawing for a $5.00 ACOT gift certificate!!
You may combine with another September challenge that allows you to combine. If you do combine please list here what other challenge you used.Here's mine, sorry it's so late: I stepped out of my comfort zone on the layout by using 3 different painting techniques and really getting messy with the background. This is also a hybrid layout. The photos in the filmstrip were made using my digi program and then printed and I also took the photos from a video using picasa (it was easy peasy). I had intended to use just one photo, but they were pixilated so I decided to use several small ones

..Image
Last edited by JillinIN on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jill
 ImageImage

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1618

Re: September Book Of Me Challenge

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Great challenge, and I have a thought for it!
Susan  Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3309

Post by Deanna13 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Will have to think on this one. Thanks for the challenge!
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2965

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Wow...this is awesome!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 581

Post by sherelm » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:11 pm

GOT IT!!!

I know exactly what I'm doing!! THANKS!!

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 19

Post by ernstem » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Note: Jill already had a similar idea and we simply combined and adapted it a little. So I don't take credit for this idea!! ;)

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:01 pm

ernstem wrote:Note: Jill already had a similar idea and we simply combined and adapted it a little. So I don't take credit for this idea!! ;)
lol. We'll just call it a joint project Beth. :-D Is your page done yet? I'm running behind on mine. I have to get the picture off of a video and I don't know how to do that. :?
Jill
 ImageImage

ernstem
Cherry Cola

Post by ernstem » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:55 pm

JillinIN wrote:
ernstem wrote:Note: Jill already had a similar idea and we simply combined and adapted it a little. So I don't take credit for this idea!! ;)
lol. We'll just call it a joint project Beth. :-D Is your page done yet? I'm running behind on mine. I have to get the picture off of a video and I don't know how to do that. :?
HA! My page is not done! I have the photos but that's it. Picture off a video....that's the techie stuff DH does for a living.....I have no clue!! ;)

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 744

Post by suewho372 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 pm

this is a great challenge!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Here's mine. My challening and/or surprising thing (surprise to me, or to others) is that I finished grad school and graduated with my doctorate degree. Definitely a challenging road. The technique I used that was challenging and out of my comfort zone, is the crumpled journaling spot. It got partially crumpled being under some things on my desk and I initially wanted to toss it and was frustrated! But, I decided to embrace it, crumpled some more and inked it, and I kinda like how it turned out - even if I wanted to toss it at first. Thanks for the challenge !

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:45 pm

cajenkins81 wrote:Here's mine. My challening and/or surprising thing (surprise to me, or to others) is that I finished grad school and graduated with my doctorate degree. Definitely a challenging road. The technique I used that was challenging and out of my comfort zone, is the crumpled journaling spot. It got partially crumpled being under some things on my desk and I initially wanted to toss it and was frustrated! But, I decided to embrace it, crumpled some more and inked it, and I kinda like how it turned out - even if I wanted to toss it at first. Thanks for the challenge !

This is awesome. I love the pp you used and the crumpled journaling spot. Way to turn a negative into a positive!! And a belated congratulations on your degree!!
Jill
 ImageImage

ernstem
Cherry Cola

Re: September Book Of Me Challenge edited with sample

Post by ernstem » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Here is my LO. Combined with the Sept. Journaling challenge. It is out of my comfort zone to journal so much! I love to talk, but putting the explanations on paper just aren't my thing (as any of you have seen on my past LOs). I've also been working on my layering so I made sure to use that too since I tend to just mat things and go.

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:44 pm

ernstem wrote:Here is my LO. Combined with the Sept. Journaling challenge. It is out of my comfort zone to journal so much! I love to talk, but putting the explanations on paper just aren't my thing (as any of you have seen on my past LOs). I've also been working on my layering so I made sure to use that too since I tend to just mat things and go.
I love this!! Love the bright colors and all the layering! Very cool! thanks for doing my challenge and suggesting the topic!!
Jill
 ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2965

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Jill, when you first posted this challenge, I wasn't so sure as to what I could scrap about. Then, just 2 wks ago, I went in for a hair cut. I have always, ALWAYS have had medium length hair. But I wanted something different. I decided to cut it short. Very very short. This is the shortest it has even been. My hair is extremely thick and wavy, so I had asked the hair dresser if she could thin it out a bit. A straightening iron helps too. I journaled on the tag that is behind my photos.

With this layout, I chose to use gesso, and mist and stamping, with layers - and not just layering of papers (which is what I do alot), but layering with washi tape, and embellies and bling, and photos. I have never used gesso before, so looking thru the gallery and pinterest helped me figure it out. And I LOVE the result!

(My layout is linked, if you wish to view it a bit better)
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:40 am

blbabe1234 wrote:Jill, when you first posted this challenge, I wasn't so sure as to what I could scrap about. Then, just 2 wks ago, I went in for a hair cut. I have always, ALWAYS have had medium length hair. But I wanted something different. I decided to cut it short. Very very short. This is the shortest it has even been. My hair is extremely thick and wavy, so I had asked the hair dresser if she could thin it out a bit. A straightening iron helps too. I journaled on the tag that is behind my photos.

With this layout, I chose to use gesso, and mist and stamping, with layers - and not just layering of papers (which is what I do alot), but layering with washi tape, and embellies and bling, and photos. I have never used gesso before, so looking thru the gallery and pinterest helped me figure it out. And I LOVE the result!

(My layout is linked, if you wish to view it a bit better)
Wow. I love this. I love the way you used the washi tape and the gesso and all the layers. It's a great layout and I love your new haircut!! Thanks for doing my challenge.
Jill
 ImageImage

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1618

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Here is my entry, and it was WAY out of my comfort zone to do this!

Susan  Image

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:41 am

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Here is my entry, and it was WAY out of my comfort zone to do this!

I love the colors and the wood background, the arrows and banners. Awesome layout. It would be way out of my comfort zone too!! Thanks for doing my challenge.
Jill
 ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”