November 2013 Imagination Challenge UPDATE with winner

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1078

November 2013 Imagination Challenge UPDATE with winner

Post by Ayla » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 pm

We've had a lot of fun joking about my husband Bob, Fishie Bob our beta, Crabbie Bob the hermit crab, and Bob the Tree. So I got thinking about nicknames and the funny ways they come about. So....this month's challenge to is scrap about the nicknames of those around us.

I have a recent layout as an example...the story of Bob the Tree.

And this layout is from a few years ago, about my daughter and one of my son's, nicknamed Beans (Ali) and Burrito (Callum).

So...tell me about those nicknames! The ever hated rules:

* No combining layouts...lets get those stories told!

* Please post layouts here, as I love to see them, but I love seeing them all together too, so please also post in the proper category (I am at work, so will make the challenge category in the gallery tomorrow).

* Open to all avenues of expression, as long as you tell the story of the nickname/s.

* Entries due by 11:59pm November 30.

* Winner will be selected by random, to win either a GC or a prize from my stash.

* Most importantly of all....HAVE FUN!!!

EDITED: I completely forgot to make the gallery category, so please just post your layouts here, since we already have postings and I'd hate to make anyone go back!

EDIT 1/18/2014 - I apparently am brain dead, and never picked a winner. So...courtesy of random.org, citygirl22 wins this challenge! Your little gift will be on its way shortly.
Last edited by Ayla on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Re: November 2013 Imagination Challenge

Post by average_kim » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Love this challenge! My DD#2 has the perfect nickname, and will be so fun to scrap!

This is a great way to scrap pics of her where I might just journal about how cute she is, but won't pose for the camera, etc. But to document how we call her "the Fuss" or "Fusser" will be great! Thanks for the challenge!
Kim

Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2965

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Sweet!! I'm really lovin' this challenge. All my doggies have nicknames! This is great!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

stateless
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 261

Post by stateless » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Awesome idea - I have so many ideas to choose from!
- Valerie/stateless

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 744

Post by suewho372 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:47 pm

great challenge Nancy!! I love your layouts too!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 581

Post by sherelm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:54 am

Sadly I was named much like Bob the tree. I can do myself for this, and it has a good story. Thanks Nancy!!

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:19 am

great challenge! I did a page once on all the names I called OLivia when she was a baby and it's still one of my favorite pages of her, and of all time. I've been wanting to do a page like it for Owen, so this will be great!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 740

Post by pawprints » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Great challenge Nancy! My doggies all have nicknames. I even have a two pager I did a while back of Cider and Boomer where I have a listing on it of all their nicknames. I have a nickname that we have called our dd since she was little, and we still use it. So I have a lot to choose from!

Image Image Image Image

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Glad to hear everyone seems to be enjoying this one...can't wait to see the layouts!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Here's my entry! My thinking while doing the layout was to start with a sweet little girl layout, then use items to make it look like a case file to show the way my DD's nickname fits her.

Journaling reads: "She is more often happy than sad, but Dave really nailed it when he started calling Katie 'Fusser,' or 'The Fuss!' She is very independent and wants to do things her way, especially when posing for pictures!"
Kim

Image Image  

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 am

average_kim wrote:Here's my entry! My thinking while doing the layout was to start with a sweet little girl layout, then use items to make it look like a case file to show the way my DD's nickname fits her.

Journaling reads: "She is more often happy than sad, but Dave really nailed it when he started calling Katie 'Fusser,' or 'The Fuss!' She is very independent and wants to do things her way, especially when posing for pictures!"
Love the "evidence" tag and the film strips....great layout! thanks for playing along with the challenge.
 Image Image

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1886

Post by scrappininAK » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:08 pm

fun challenge - none of us actually have nicknames but the cats do - so I scrapped about that

Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1600

Post by joannie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm

I didn't see a spot in the gallery for this one!
Here is mine! I used my son's nickname story for this challenge!! Real FUn!!

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 pm

joannie wrote:I didn't see a spot in the gallery for this one!
Here is mine! I used my son's nickname story for this challenge!! Real FUn!!
Oh my gosh! I forgot to make the gallery for this one! Tell ya what...let's just leave all the layouts here....we already have postings, it's probably easier to just post here.

Love how your picks of pattern paper echo the clothing he wore...so cute! Thanks for sharing the story and playing along with the challenge!
 Image Image

citygirl22
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 172

Post by citygirl22 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Here's mine ...
Our last name is Ho and one day out of the blue I called my husband "Ho-man" ... the nickname stuck :-D

Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1207

Post by CarrieG » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 pm

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 am

this is a great challenge! I actually have a page I did for Olivia several years ago with her nicknames, so of course I had to make one for Owen. Thanks for a great challenge!

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 am

citygirl22 wrote:Here's mine ...
Our last name is Ho and one day out of the blue I called my husband "Ho-man" ... the nickname stuck :-D

Love the nickname, and love the layout! What a fun picture too!
 Image Image

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 am

CarrieG wrote:Image
So cute...love the mix of alphas and the pattern paper. Great job, thanks for playing!
 Image Image

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 am

cajenkins81 wrote:this is a great challenge! I actually have a page I did for Olivia several years ago with her nicknames, so of course I had to make one for Owen. Thanks for a great challenge!

Love that sweet little face, and definitely glad you saved all his nicknames. My kids still love hearing what we called them when they were little! Thanks for playing!
 Image Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”