December Journaling Challenge--EDIT W/WINNER

Moderator: ACOT Employee

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 705

December Journaling Challenge--EDIT W/WINNER

Post by suewho372 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello Cherries!
In the spirit of JYC I would ask that you create a layout journaling a christmas memory of any kind, from any year. It can be something you remember as a child or that your child did or even something about christmas now.
Can have a pic or not-- doesn't have to, it is the memory you are trying to preserve and sometimes we don't always have a photo to go with it.

Entries can be of all types as long as there is journaling! A $5 gift card will be awarded to a random participant. As another hostess (citygirl22) pointed out December is a hugely busy month so I am extending my challenge until JAN 5 midnight.

Have fun with those memories!!! remember if you have questions just PM or reply to post!!! :)
Hello ALL!! Winner is: Deanna 13 chosen by random.org. Congrats to Deanna ( I will get your gc soon!) Thank you so much to everyone who participated-- you all had such great layouts I wanted to give all of you a gc!!
Last edited by suewho372 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1576

Re: December Journaling Challenge

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:33 pm

I have so many memories!
Susan Image Image

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:34 pm

oceanbreezes423 wrote:I have so many memories!
you can make more than one if you want! LOL:inlove:
Susan

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1519

Post by joannie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:41 pm

GREAT challenge! Love this idea!!

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3100

Post by Deanna13 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:49 pm

oh this is a great challenge, Susan! :)
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2871

Re: December Journaling Challenge--EDIT change of deadline!

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Very fun!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 851

Post by sweetsour » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Here's one I was inspired to do, I never would have thought of it if it weren't for this challenge, and this morning the colour challenge was posted; one of the choices was blue and silver. How perfect is that ? Journalling reads: "I remember going to see Star Wars at the show with my parents when I was little. Much later while shopping with my mom, I begged her to buy me Princess Leia shoes like these but she refused. I was so surprised and happy to find them under the tree that year!"
 Karrie

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:30 pm

sweetsour wrote:Here's one I was inspired to do, I never would have thought of it if it weren't for this challenge, and this morning the colour challenge was posted; one of the choices was blue and silver. How perfect is that ? Journalling reads: "I remember going to see Star Wars at the show with my parents when I was little. Much later while shopping with my mom, I begged her to buy me Princess Leia shoes like these but she refused. I was so surprised and happy to find them under the tree that year!"
gorgeous page!! I love your story and your design is just beautiful!! I love all the borders and the bling! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!
Susan

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I journaled about the grandkids leaving out goodies for Santa. I combined this with the Scraplift the GD Challenge. :)

Twas The Night Before Christmas
 ImageImageImage

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Deanna13 wrote:I journaled about the grandkids leaving out goodies for Santa. I combined this with the Scraplift the GD Challenge. :)

Twas The Night Before Christmas
Very nice layout Deanna!! I absolutely love your journaling tag AND the journaling on it!!:winkb: I like the white background it really brings out the Christmas colors!! Thanks so much for doing my challenge!
Susan

citygirl22
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 172

Post by citygirl22 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Here's mine ... I journaled the story behind my pink Christmas tree :)

Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 am

citygirl22 wrote:Here's mine ... I journaled the story behind my pink Christmas tree :)

What an awesome layout!! I love your pink tree!! This is so pretty! I love all the little words and embellies!!! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!!
Susan

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:17 am

Here's my submission, combining with the Nov/Dec BOM challenge.

Every year after dinner on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas, we play games, and in my family we did this as long as I could remember. Monopoly is definitely one of our favorites. Thanks for the challenge and the chance to scrap about a family holiday tradition/memory!

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:46 am

Great layout! I love the monopoly embellies you found! Thanks so much for taking the challenge!
Susan

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:10 pm

suewho372 wrote:Great layout! I love the monopoly embellies you found! Thanks so much for taking the challenge!

Thanks! I made them! Printed out and colored them. I had fun! :)
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 846

Post by letumom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Here is my entry:

Christmas will always be associated with my Daddy's and Grandmother's birthdays which are immediately after Christmas day. This layout commemorates a tradition that my mom has continued this year, even after my dad's passing last year.

Laurie

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:06 am

letumom wrote:Here is my entry:

Christmas will always be associated with my Daddy's and Grandmother's birthdays which are immediately after Christmas day. This layout commemorates a tradition that my mom has continued this year, even after my dad's passing last year.

this is such a beautiful tribute to your family traditions! I love all the embellies , the ricr rac and the bling frame. Just a wonderful layout! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!
Susan

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2871

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:16 pm

Here is my layout - its based on the Christmas Tradition of baking and decorating cookies using the same sugar cookie recipe that was handed down to me by my mother who received it from her grandmother:

ournaling: My mom has always baked christmas cookies and had my brother and I decorate them for as long as I can remember. When I was 15 years old, my mom handed down the sugar cookie recipe to me - which happens to be my great-grandmother's sugar cookie recipe. Its been a tradition to use that sugar cookie recipe and no other. I have continued that tradition for the past 18 years; and will continue for many more years to come.

I am combining it with Photography Challenge.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by suewho372 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:18 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:Here is my layout - its based on the Christmas Tradition of baking and decorating cookies using the same sugar cookie recipe that was handed down to me by my mother who received it from her grandmother:

ournaling: My mom has always baked christmas cookies and had my brother and I decorate them for as long as I can remember. When I was 15 years old, my mom handed down the sugar cookie recipe to me - which happens to be my great-grandmother's sugar cookie recipe. Its been a tradition to use that sugar cookie recipe and no other. I have continued that tradition for the past 18 years; and will continue for many more years to come.

I am combining it with Photography Challenge.
i love your layout and your journaling!! Awesome layout and I really love those christmas trees, and the different pages you used. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge!
Susan

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Re: December Journaling Challenge--EDIT W/WINNER

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks so much, Sue! What a wonderful surprise! :inlove:
 ImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”