**WINNER** Dec GD Challenge #2 - Year in Review

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

**WINNER** Dec GD Challenge #2 - Year in Review

Post by cajenkins81 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Random.org picked #6 and that's Joannie!! Congrats!! Thanks to all who took time out to do my challenges this month.

Even though December brings the holiday season, time with family and friends, lots of yummy things to eat, and celebrations, after Christmas there is a time of reflection on the old year and thinking of new things to come. I personally (me and my family) have been through a heck of a time this year. I had what I thought was the job I always wanted, lost it, and was forced to find something new. What I have now is more than I ever could have imagined and more. I have an amazing job, but in the process, I had to move across the state and leave behind everything we knew. From last January, to now so close to the end of the year, we live in a new house in a new town across the state, with a new fabulous job, with new friends. I also will be celebrating both my kids’ birthdays next week, which means I will now have a 5 year old and a 2 year old! SO many things are different at this year’s end, but so much to be thankful for.

So, this is your chance to reflect on all the challenges of the past year! For this challenge, you may pick ANY monthly challenge from the past year (not counting November, since there’s already a rewind challenge for this). If you’re like me, there’s at least one or two that you didn’t get a chance to ever get to. While we do have the Rewind challenge and I have taken advantage of those a lot, there are some from previous months before that, which I want to actually still get to. So this is your chance! Pick any challenge from the lists below – except the rewind challenges ;) – and get to scrapping! For those of us who have been around a while, you may already know which one you want to do (I did!) but for others, you might have some digging and reading to do to
see what all the challenges are. Have fun!

Here's my Example

It's from Kim (killarney rose)'s October Heritage Challenge - scrap a pic of a building over 50 years old. It just happens to be where I work, and I'm fascinated with the history of this building! I had good intentions but October was impossible, with us moving and such. And then November was playing catch up.

October Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=250020

September Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=249647

July/August Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=248822

June Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=248445

May Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=247600

April Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=247234

March Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=246933

February Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=246617

January Master List
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=246254

Rules:

Open to Paper, Hybrid, Digi

Does NOT have to be a Christmas Layout, but you're certainly welcome to make it one if you like.

Must be uploaded here and to the Gallery created for it, by Dec 31, 11:59 pm. 1 random winner will receive a $5 ACOT GC!!

You may submit up to THREE entries/layouts for this challenge.

May NOT be combined with any other challenge.

Wonderful Cherries Participating:
1) Karrie/sweetsour
2) Donna/Retiree3
3) Brandy/blbabe1234
4) Deanna/Deanna13
5) Barb/pawprints
Last edited by cajenkins81 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1237

Re: Dec GD Challenge #2 - Year in Review

Post by emmapaige » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm

What an awesome challenge since I miss so many of the challenges due to work commitments! It will be fun going back over the year to pick one.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

citygirl22
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 172

Post by citygirl22 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 pm

wow, what an amazing challenge! I just joined the ACOT community in June so I've missed 6 whole months worth of challenges! Looking forward to going back in time and doing some that I missed. Are we able to enter multiple layouts if we get several old challenges done?
Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 708

Post by pawprints » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Awesome challenge Carolyn! There are so many that I really wanted to do that I didn't get too!

Image Image Image Image

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 358

Post by JillinIN » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 pm

awwww. that was so sweet of you to link each months "master list" here. That will definitely make things easier!!
Jill
 ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2871

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 pm

This is GREAT!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 pm

citygirl22 wrote:wow, what an amazing challenge! I just joined the ACOT community in June so I've missed 6 whole months worth of challenges! Looking forward to going back in time and doing some that I missed. Are we able to enter multiple layouts if we get several old challenges done?

umm, sure! I will accept up to 3 submissions for this challenge. Hope you can find some challenges you enjoy!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 pm

JillinIN wrote:awwww. that was so sweet of you to link each months "master list" here. That will definitely make things easier!!

thanks! I was thinking of that, and it took me awhile to find even the master lists - the individuals would have been a nightmare! lol. Luckily I have every piece of paper that I make from each month (where I write down the challenges and info on a sheet) still saved in my drawer, so i could easily look back at mine if I wanted. But I didn't go too far back for the one I picked lol (Just an October challenge)

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 pm

pawprints wrote:Awesome challenge Carolyn! There are so many that I really wanted to do that I didn't get too!

That's what i was thinking. Now's your chance!

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:This is GREAT!

Glad you like it! Although, you've probably done ALL the challenges all year long! lol. So just pick one of your favorites hehe

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 pm

cajenkins81 wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:This is GREAT!

Glad you like it! Although, you've probably done ALL the challenges all year long! lol. So just pick one of your favorites hehe

LOL! Right...you know me so well! :winkb:
~ Brandy Williams ~

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 187

Post by 1grandma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Cool!
Bibi

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3100

Post by Deanna13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:13 am

I have a few from the past couple months I didn't get to.
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1092

Post by beachlover » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:20 am

this is a truly awesome challenge and gives me a great deal to think about!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 350

Post by croppinmama » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:51 am

This is a great challenge!!
Image  Image Image  Image

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 851

Post by sweetsour » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I love this page I did!! I chose January Heritage challenge that called for any photo over 15 years with a winter theme. This is my mom when she was 2 in 1954.
ImageImage
 Karrie

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4009

Post by Retiree3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:16 pm

I used May Technique Challenge- For my challenge you must use the following 2 things...
Stamp with any household item- I stamped with a used pop dot sheet.
Use your newest papers

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:24 pm

So there was actually a challenge I DID NOT do! It was for your October Christmas Challenge - scrap what is unique to your state/country during Christmas.

In Texas (particulary South Texas), while everyone else is having ham and/or turkey for dinner, we are getting our grub on with Tamales! Mmmm...we've got pork, and chicken and cream cheese with spinach and cream cheese with jalepenos and some are extra spicy! :) Love it!

There is a place just 2 mins away from my house that makes the best tamales in Corpus Christi IMO. We buy enough to get us through New Year's too. They do sell tamales all year long, but its extra special during the Holidays.

~ Brandy Williams ~

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 pm

sweetsour wrote:I love this page I did!! I chose January Heritage challenge that called for any photo over 15 years with a winter theme. This is my mom when she was 2 in 1954.
ImageImage

wow, all that bling and embellishments are just great! Love all the detail there. Those pics of your mom are just great! And I like how you did a flip opening for another picture behind. The title of course is perfect! I'm glad you were able to get an old challenge done. Thanks for doing my challenge!

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by cajenkins81 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Retiree3 wrote:I used May Technique Challenge- For my challenge you must use the following 2 things...
Stamp with any household item- I stamped with a used pop dot sheet.
Use your newest papers

You did a great job with using the used pop dots sheet as a stamping tool! Great idea. Great job in using so many different papers. Glad you were able to get an old challenge done, thanks for doing my challenge!

Return to “Contests & Challenges”