February Color Challenge UPDATED!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Re: February Color Challenge

Post by cajenkins81 »

these are beautiful colors, LOVE the teal and gray along with the purple. fabulous inspiration swatch, thanks! 

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1923

Post by Art_Teacher »

sweetsour wrote:It is my opinion that swatches like these are like sketches - you use them as you can make them fit your pics and supplies. 
But use mine as an example of what NOT to do if  am completely wrong!
Karrie, I'm sorry if I upset you. I wasn't meaning to, but when I offer a swatch for a color challenge, I want people to use the colors in the swatch.  It is my challenge, after all.  If I had just said use purple, aqua and grey...you would be totally free to interpret any shade of those colors.  I was making it more of a challenge, I realize, by sticking just to the swatch.  Guess that's the teacher in me...I want people to play by the rules.  lol
In the end, it really doesn't matter...I am not offering a prize.  You completed a lovely layout inspired by the challenge.  So, there really isn't a point in arguing about it.  The whole point of a challenge is to get people to scrap more and share and that is what you did.  I'm sorry. :( 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 268

Post by Craftyshannon »

Art_Teacher wrote:Colors in the swatch are from left to right:  beige, a greyed lavendar, light aqua (more blue than green), light grey, darker grey, and deep purple.

Thanks for listing the colors.  Depending on how I am looking at my monitor they look different to me!!  I used a ton of purple for a wedding album I made for my brother and SIL and haven't used it since.  I guess I was tired of it.  :)

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Craftyshannon wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:Colors in the swatch are from left to right:  beige, a greyed lavendar, light aqua (more blue than green), light grey, darker grey, and deep purple.

Thanks for listing the colors.  Depending on how I am looking at my monitor they look different to me!!  I used a ton of purple for a wedding album I made for my brother and SIL and haven't used it since.  I guess I was tired of it.  :)

You are welcome...I guess I didn't really think about how the colors look on different monitors.  Also, I know that some people photograph their layouts and some scan them, so I have to take anyone's word that their colors really look a certain way, even if they don't appear that way on my monitor. 
Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Post by blbabe1234 »

GORGEOUS colors!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Art_Teacher wrote:
sweetsour wrote:It is my opinion that swatches like these are like sketches - you use them as you can make them fit your pics and supplies. 
But use mine as an example of what NOT to do if  am completely wrong!
Karrie, I'm sorry if I upset you. I wasn't meaning to, but when I offer a swatch for a color challenge, I want people to use the colors in the swatch.  It is my challenge, after all.  If I had just said use purple, aqua and grey...you would be totally free to interpret any shade of those colors.  I was making it more of a challenge, I realize, by sticking just to the swatch.  Guess that's the teacher in me...I want people to play by the rules.  lol
In the end, it really doesn't matter...I am not offering a prize.  You completed a lovely layout inspired by the challenge.  So, there really isn't a point in arguing about it.  The whole point of a challenge is to get people to scrap more and share and that is what you did.  I'm sorry. :( 
I was/ am not upset and didn't mean anything argumentatively. I only thought I should explain my choices.  But by your other thread "Something Bugging Me"  YOU are upset ~ and that wasn't my intention either!    Obviously I was wrong and I apologize also.    I did not mean to question your rules or how you run your challenges. 
If something is not up the challenges' hostesses expectations by all  means they can disqualify. 

As I said earlier - use mine as an example of what NOT to do!
 Karrie

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 514

Post by PezKat »

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize that for the light grey the color 'painted' and the color on the brush itself were so different - on my computer what's on the brush exactly matches the web page background, which is white!  I have amended my challenge notebook. :)
Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Thanks, Karrie, for your apology.  I just want you to know that it was not only your comments...I have been getting comments for awhile now on challenges I post, and I guess I let it get to me.  We are all good. :)
Laura
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Such pretty colors. I think I have a kit that encompasses those colors...now just have to figure out what to scrap with them. I'm thinking heritage......  will have to see what I can come up with!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

Ayla wrote:Such pretty colors. I think I have a kit that encompasses those colors...now just have to figure out what to scrap with them. I'm thinking heritage......  will have to see what I can come up with!
Turned out to be  "Heritage" layout, but not the way I initially imagined! I was thinking heritage, as in vintage, and it turned out Heritage, as in Heritage High School Homecoming! lol  I hope the colors turn out right. My monitor can be wonky, so I just copied the color swatch into my computer and put it into my layout as I went. Anyway....here's mine.

Image   Image
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Art_Teacher wrote:Thanks, Karrie, for your apology.  I just want you to know that it was not only your comments...I have been getting comments for awhile now on challenges I post, and I guess I let it get to me.  We are all good. :)

I am sorry that others are giving you grief, glad you were not upset at only me! I hate getting in trouble, teacher!  lol   Glad that we are all good. :)

Nancy, your LO is gorgeous!!  You rocked those colours together!
 Karrie

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

sweetsour wrote: Nancy, your LO is gorgeous!!  You rocked those colours together!
Thank you!
 Image Image

kate W.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 127

Post by kate W. »

Wow! Great use of the colors and lovely LO. This gives me a better idea of how to use the challenge colors. Now to search my stash.
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Nancy, that layout is so pretty!  Love how you had one plan and it morphed to another. :)
Laura
Sandi0805
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1983

Post by Sandi0805 »

I've got the perfect paper for this challenge.  Now to find a pic.  May have to do a black/white photo.
Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

Where do you find your color swatches? I think it'd be fun to go there when I'm stuck on something and see what they pull together.
 Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Ayla wrote:Where do you find your color swatches? I think it'd be fun to go there when I'm stuck on something and see what they pull together.
Actually, I have found most of them on Pinterest!  I have a board there called "Color Schemes" that I have been posting them on. :)
Laura
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by PezKat »

Ayla wrote:... so I just copied the color swatch into my computer and put it into my layout as I went. Anyway....here's mine.

Which is one of the best 'arguments' for digi scrapping I've ever heard!  Image
Image Image
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by PezKat »

Ayla wrote:Where do you find your color swatches? I think it'd be fun to go there when I'm stuck on something and see what they pull together.

I love this site which I discovered recently - color schemes based on animals!  So fun to just look through!
Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

PezKat wrote:

I love this site which I discovered recently - color schemes based on animals!  So fun to just look through!
That is awesome!
Laura

Return to “Contests & Challenges”