Imagination Challenge March '14 WINNER!!!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1078

Imagination Challenge March '14 WINNER!!!

Post by Ayla »

I had a very restless night last night...couldn't sleep at all! But those middle of the night quiet moments sometimes have their good points...it spawned a layout for the "right now" challenge. And as I worked on it while the rest of the house slept, it gave seed to another idea....for this month's Imagination Challenge. Are you ready?

This is the layout I completed today....

So your challenge is this...... your title has to be a time! It can be something that was significant, like a birth, or something insignificant, as you glance at the clock while something is happening. What ever you want to do, as long as your title is the time!

Rules:
* Whatever type of project you wish to create is fine, as long as it has a visible title with the time!
* Due by 11:59pm on March 31, 2014. 
* I'm giving in on the combining....you can combine with one other challenge. But you'll get 2 chances to win (an extra entry) if you DON'T combine! I'm not going to be checking, so please be honest about it.
* I seem to be into paint splatters, so I'll give you an extra chance to win if you use visible paint platters on your project.
* You can just post layouts here....there will not be a gallery.
* One winner chosen at random will receive an Imagination Surprise Gift!
* Most important.....HAVE FUN!!!

EDIT:
Thanks to random.org, Carolyn (cajenkins81) has been chosen as the winner! I'm going to have to use my....imagination....and come up with a prize! Give me a couple of days, and you'll be notified of your winnings! Congratulations!
Last edited by Ayla on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Re: Imagination Challenge March '14

Post by cajenkins81 »

oooh great challenge! I think I can totally do this, I have some pics printed out that will work! haha 

LOVE LOVE your layout and I figured you might use the time as a prompt lol. 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 2160

Post by joannie »

Very cool idea & I LOVE that moon in your frame!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

cajenkins81 wrote:oooh great challenge! I think I can totally do this, I have some pics printed out that will work! haha 

LOVE LOVE your layout and I figured you might use the time as a prompt lol. 
Glad you like the challenge, and thanks for your comments!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Unique challenge, love your inspirational and beautiful page.  Hope I can come up with something for this one!
"If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

Kathy
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 2082

Post by mgehrke »

I love this challenge and I already know what I am doing for this one, but I have to wait until I take the pictures. You'll understand next week if you haven't already figured it out Image
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 58, 36 and 30) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (6) Sawyer (4) and Mazie (2).

ImageImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3431

Post by blbabe1234 »

Love it!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 645

Post by jrrah4903 »

Oh this idea makes me very emotional! I can feel the tears pulling in my eyes as I type this. This has a great significance to my life, and yet, I would never have thought to scrap it, but thought immediately of it when I read this challenge.
- Jillian

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim »

Always love your challenges!  Will have to turn on my Imagination!
Kim

Image Image  
ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 662

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

Ayla wrote:I had a very restless night last night...couldn't sleep at all! But those middle of the night quiet moments sometimes have their good points...it spawned a layout for the "right now" challenge. And as I worked on it while the rest of the house slept, it gave seed to another idea....for this month's Imagination Challenge. Are you ready?

This is the layout I completed today....

So your challenge is this...... your title has to be a time! It can be something that was significant, like a birth, or something insignificant, as you glance at the clock while something is happening. What ever you want to do, as long as your title is the time!

Rules:
* Whatever type of project you wish to create is fine, as long as it has a visible title with the time!
* Due by 11:59pm on March 31, 2014. 
* I'm giving in on the combining....you can combine with one other challenge. But you'll get 2 chances to win (an extra entry) if you DON'T combine! I'm not going to be checking, so please be honest about it.
* I seem to be into paint splatters, so I'll give you an extra chance to win if you use visible paint platters on your project.
* You can just post layouts here....there will not be a gallery.
* One winner chosen at random will receive an Imagination Surprise Gift!
* Most important.....HAVE FUN!!!

What an awesome layout - GREAT idea
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3431

Post by blbabe1234 »

Here's mine:

Journaling: Bear has been starting to bark, get excited and/or whine at 4:00pm. Why? She wants a treat. Usually its a dog biscuit, but today, it was an oatmeal and peanut butter dog cookie. She will stare you down until she gets what she wants.

Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

blbabe1234 wrote:Here's mine:

Journaling: Bear has been starting to bark, get excited and/or whine at 4:00pm. Why? She wants a treat. Usually its a dog biscuit, but today, it was an oatmeal and peanut butter dog cookie. She will stare you down until she gets what she wants.

LOL....sounds like my cat and breakfast! You'd think the poor thing was starving the way she makes noise, but one look at her Buddha belly and you know she isn't lacking for food! lol  Love your layout...thanks for playing along!
 Image Image

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew exactly right away what I wanted to do. Good thing I have SOME of Owen's baby pics printed out! And I had to do some research to look up the time..... how awful is that?! Image  Anywho, I'm SUPER happy with how this turned out. 

And guess what?! NO Combining! lol. Couldn't find one I haven't done that it worked with anyways ;) And I wanted to give it - and you! - special attention.  ANDDD I used ink splotches! My fave :D 

THanks for a great challenge! 

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

cajenkins81 wrote:As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew exactly right away what I wanted to do. Good thing I have SOME of Owen's baby pics printed out! And I had to do some research to look up the time..... how awful is that?! Image  Anywho, I'm SUPER happy with how this turned out. 

And guess what?! NO Combining! lol. Couldn't find one I haven't done that it worked with anyways ;) And I wanted to give it - and you! - special attention.  ANDDD I used ink splotches! My fave :D 

THanks for a great challenge! 

That's ok....I can remember what times the first 3 were born, but I'm a little iffy on the last 3....I'd have to look theirs up too! lol

Love those colors...right up my alley. I think the whale is adorable...I keep picturing little boys making "sprays" like that and that little element really makes me smile! Glad you liked the challenge, and thanks for playing along with the challenge!
 Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 909

Post by pawprints »

Great challenge Nancy! I think I have my idea already!

Image Image Image  Image

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... %40-1%3A47

I loved this challenge! I racked my brain on what time was I most excited about with the cruise and it hit me when looking through photos, that I actually took a photo of the Time they let us board the cruise ship!!!! And that's how I was, like a little kid "OMG they are letting us board, I don't believe it, do we have everything we need, is this really happening" lol!

Title: "OMG Boarding @ 1:47"

The photos are of the exterior of the Disney Cruise Line Check in, Bill excited to Check in, the Mickey Doorway to the photo area and boarding platform, and of course the TV photo saying Bon Voyage!!! I had to put the disney characters excited running along with us to board the ship!!!
~ Carissa ~

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

DolphinSoul wrote:Image
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... %40-1%3A47

I loved this challenge! I racked my brain on what time was I most excited about with the cruise and it hit me when looking through photos, that I actually took a photo of the Time they let us board the cruise ship!!!! And that's how I was, like a little kid "OMG they are letting us board, I don't believe it, do we have everything we need, is this really happening" lol!

Title: "OMG Boarding @ 1:47"

The photos are of the exterior of the Disney Cruise Line Check in, Bill excited to Check in, the Mickey Doorway to the photo area and boarding platform, and of course the TV photo saying Bon Voyage!!! I had to put the disney characters excited running along with us to board the ship!!!
Very cool! I remember being so excited once they finally let us board when I took a cruise. Thanks for playing along!
 Image Image

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Here's mine, I used the Becky Fleck sketch #63.  Called 4.00, it's the time my godparents were married.

Karrie

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

sweetsour wrote:Here's mine, I used the Becky Fleck sketch #63.  Called 4.00, it's the time my godparents were married.

What a beautiful layout! Love the colors, and your use of distressed papers works so well. Thanks for playing along!
 Image Image

Tammey
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1737

Post by Tammey »

Once again my (sumo)niece acting goofy. I did not combine and I used paint splatters. Journaling reads:Winter 2000 It does not matter what time of day or night it is, you can always make me laugh. Love you girl.
ImageImageImage Image   Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”