MID MONTH AUGUST - Cherryland Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 613

MID MONTH AUGUST - Cherryland Challenge

Post by sherelm »

Story of the Two Princesses of Cherry Land

Once upon a time there were two princesses that lived in a faraway land – Cherry Land. One princess – Princess Maraschino– was very dutiful to the laws of Cherry Land, and heeded all warnings given by her subjects and court. The other Princess, Princess SourCherry wasn’t evil, but more spiteful, and always did things a bit unconventional.

Aug/Sept 15 2014
The bright summer sun is shining all over Cherryland.  In the background, listening carefully, you can hear the splash of the pools, lakes, and streams with children enjoying the final weeks before they return to school.  Alas, it truly is nearing the end of the best season in the princesses’ minds.  This year for the first time they will be attending different schools.  As Princess Maraschino finishes her senior year at Cherryland High, her sister Princess Sour Cherry will begin as a freshman at Cherryland University.
With all this on their minds, the two sisters walked out into the palace gardens.  They were enjoying the beautiful colors and chatting about the year ahead. 
“It won’t be long until you are at the University as well, Maraschino. And it’s just during the day we won’t see each other, we will be together every evening.  Nothing else will change.”  Princess Sour Cherry always made light of any change.  Change was always harder for Maraschino – she just loved her family, life, everything the way it is in the moment. “Yes, but I’m still going to miss not seeing you at school.”  “Time,” she continued, “is what will change.” 
“No,” said her sister, “time is always changing, so it never really does change but continues.  Don’t be such a sorehead.  What will change are new friends, new places, and new things to talk about after school.”
So, which princess are you this time?  If you are Princess Maraschino and see the changes time brings, do a layout showing that in some way.  It can be a home you lived in, and now where you live.  It can be your puppy, and now he’s your older dog.  It can be your little baby who’s all grown up.  It can be anything that shows the effect of time.  You may combine this layout in another challenge that allows it. . . However. . . .
Now you KNOW Princess Sour Cherry is not a deep thinker.  She lives in the moment.  So for this one moment only?  I want you to do that page that you’ve been saving (time is a wasting!!)  and do it.  I don’t care what the subject is, nor what the colors, embellishments – nadda.  So ANY layout you do – it’s fine. You know you’ve been saving a layout/pix to do when the layout is perfect for it.  And here it is. And since it’s so loosey goosey – NO YOU CANNOT combine this challenge.  I mean – come on.  Even Sour Cherry can’t be that easy. 

Winner will receive a $5 gift card to ACOT. Deadline is September 18th and the winner will be chosen on September  19.  And of course you can do both Princesses to get your name in twice!  Good luck!!

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1806

Re: MID MONTH AUGUST - Cherryland Challenge

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Another great one, as always!!!! Not so easy to pick which cherry I am this time, lol. I like them both!
Susan  Image    Image
joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1755

Post by joannie »

I have several page kits that have been sitting in bags for awhile now!! Thanks for the challenge Sher!!
- joannie

Image Image Image Image
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim »

Ahhh, I've missed these girls!  Glad to see their challenge up!  Awesome challenge again!  I can't wait to do these--I have ideas for both!!
Kim

Image Image  
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 741

Post by 1scrappymom »

I think I might be a Sour Cherry this month! :)  This is such a fun challenge!  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3105

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm so excited about this one. I love both cherries! And I've got ideas brewing!Image
Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 803

Post by pawprints »

Love both challenges Sher!

Image Image  Image  Image

shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1811

Post by shoorn »

This sounds interesting - I may give it a try this time.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1755

Post by joannie »

Sher, here is mine! I've been wanting to work on this pic for awhile!! I've had the papers picked out since January I think! 
thanks for the challenge!!

- joannie

Image Image Image Image
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 613

Post by sherelm »

joannie wrote:Sher, here is mine! I've been wanting to work on this pic for awhile!! I've had the papers picked out since January I think! 

Joannie, what a very special photo, and you did it justice times 10!!!  I love the colors you used, the layering - everything!  Thanks for being - well - fast!!  LOL  AND GREAT!!
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 741

Post by 1scrappymom »

joannie wrote:Sher, here is mine! I've been wanting to work on this pic for awhile!! I've had the papers picked out since January I think! 

Awesome!  Left you some gallery love!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3697

Post by Deanna13 »

LOVE the story and challenge ideas, Sher! Image
Image Image ImageImage
Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1295

Post by Yankeegirl »

Ah, I never seem to do these challenges, yet they are so much fun to read about.  I am really going to try this time to GET IT DONE!!!!  Thanks for keeping them going!
Can we uninstall 2020?  It has a virus.

Kathy
Image                Image
shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1811

Post by shoorn »

This is for Princess Sour Cherry. I have been meaning to scrap this photo for almost  a year and haven't gotten to it. Finally did it today!

Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

EmtAimee734
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 358

Post by EmtAimee734 »

I used Boomer Girls Designs kit called "Fire" to make this lay out. As a little girl I wanted to be on the fire department like my daddy. I got to live that dream as an adult!
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... 40-on-fire

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

the pieces for this page have been lying on my desk since July so I'm glad to finally get it finished up.
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1467

Post by Christi S. »

I made the fans over 10 years ago and then got stuck.  (She's almost 18 now!)  So I made 2 double-layouts with them.  It's nice to have them scrapped!

Thanks for looking,
Christi S
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3105

Post by blbabe1234 »

I chose Princess Maraschino. My parent's dog Kandie celebrated her 14th birthday on August 17th. I paired it with a photo of her when she was just 4 months old.

Brandy Williams

ImageImage Image Image Image
Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 »

For the Princess Sour Cherry Challenge to do a layout I've been saving. I've had these papers pulled and photos printed for a long time. Finally got some wrestling stickers to use for it. Image

Photos of oldest grandson Brady and his first year wrestling. I think this was his first meet too. December 2012. Image

Take 'em Down!
Image Image ImageImage
Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 »

For the Princess Maraschino part of the challenge photos of grandson Brady when he was an infant and his birthday last October. Image

In The Blink Of An Eye
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”