Page 1 of 4

February Guest Designer Challenge #4 - Winner!

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:11 am
by Krystle
Thanks to everyone who participated!  The random winner is average_kim.  Congratulations!  I will tell Heidi that you won and she will get you your gc!

For my fourth guest designer challenge, I want you to submit a layout or card that combines both a scrapbooking supply that is new (released in the past 2 years) and one that is older (released more than 2 years ago).  In this example layout, I combined Authentique's Durable stickers (new) with Basic Grey's Cappella collection (old).

Image

To be eligible for a $5 ACOT gift certificate, post your layout or card to this thread by the end of the month.  One entry per participant, and your entry can be combined with one other February challenge that also allows combining (please note which challenge it is when you post).  I can't wait to see what you create!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:05 am
by writerlady
Cute layout! 

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:46 am
by Deanna13
That's a great challenge and wonderful example! Image

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:33 am
by croppinmama
This sounds fun, thank you.

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:02 am
by mgehrke
I hope I can remember what in my stash is new vs old Image

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:38 am
by StacyLee
Great idea, I love the idea of digging out some old stash....I think even have some of that Cappella, too! Image

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:41 am
by oceanbreezes423
Great way to pull out the old things!!! Thanks!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:37 am
by Yankeegirl
Ah, easy peasy....I have LOTS of old and LOTS of new......just need to get them to coordinate!  Great page example!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:33 pm
by average_kim
Nice challenge! I need to use up more of the old stuff . . .

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 pm
by beachlover
love this LO and great challenge!  I am always ready to have an excuse to get rid of some old stash!!!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 pm
by pawprints
With my stash I should have no problem doing this lol!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:56 pm
by blbabe1234
Great layout and design! And awesome challenge!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:49 pm
by Sandi0805
Boy, do I have this challenge covered.   I have so much old stash, that I won't know which to use.
 

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:34 pm
by Shutterbug
Love your LO> Fun challenge!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:17 pm
by Scrap Bug
It will be harder for me to find newer stuff.  LOL  I'll have to try and remember what I have purchased that is less than 2 years old.

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 pm
by PezKat
Great challenge!  Here's mine - I combined w/the Pinterest challenge.  The multi-colored paper at the top is old Creative Memories, and the yellow stripe at the bottom is recent Pink Paislee.  Also the stickers are both CM and Simple Stories 24/7 which I think is less than 2 yrs old - at least I haven't had them for longer than that!

Image

 

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:04 pm
by Krystle
PezKat wrote:Great challenge!  Here's mine - I combined w/the Pinterest challenge.  The multi-colored paper at the top is old Creative Memories, and the yellow stripe at the bottom is recent Pink Paislee.  Also the stickers are both CM and Simple Stories 24/7 which I think is less than 2 yrs old - at least I haven't had them for longer than that!

Image


 

Good job pairing the different lines!

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 am
by 1scrappymom
Here is mine.  I combined it with the Becky Fleck Sketch.  I used some OLD Scenic Route, Fancy Pants Chipboard, etc. and added my brand new washi tape and Dr. Seuss ribbon!

Image

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:26 pm
by Krystle
1scrappymom wrote:Here is mine.  I combined it with the Becky Fleck Sketch.  I used some OLD Scenic Route, Fancy Pants Chipboard, etc. and added my brand new washi tape and Dr. Seuss ribbon!

Image
What a fun layout!  Love it.

Re: February Guest Designer Challenge #4

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:57 pm
by Deanna13
Here's mine combiningg newer and older stash.

Older Stash -
Pink Paislee 'Enchanting' Striped background paper (2009)
Little Yellow Bicycle Diecut Sentiment
Prima Flowers

Most of the other supplies are newer but my newest is the...
Studio Calico 'Brighton Pier and Wanderlust' papers
Heidi Swapp 'Sweet Cherry' Mist
Teresa Collins Brad

I combined this with the Supply challenge.

Photos of our little kitty 'Stinky' from August 2013. Image
Sweet Kitty
Image