May 2015 Fashion Challenge -- WINNER!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3429

May 2015 Fashion Challenge -- WINNER!

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow ladies! Ya really ROCKED this challenge! Its amazing how much talent we have on this board!

I ran the numbers in Random.org and it selected #7! Congratulations average_Kim/Kim!!  I'll be buying your $5 GC to ACOT very shortly!

Thank you to all who played along!

For this month, I found this outfit on Pinterest

I automatically fell in LOVE with the skirt! Just look how summery it is!  And I just LOVE those colors!

So for this challenge, I want you to use this outfit to INSPIRE you! Just tell me what inspired you. I ALSO want to see some "texture" (leather, chunky ribbon, buckles, burlap, corrugated cardstock, embossing), and something gold .

Here is my example:

I was drawn to the skirt almost immediately. The colors are fantastic - especially the watermelon reddish pink it has, along with the bit of light green, turquoise. And the way the colors blended together, it just screamed "gelatos"!! Which I used to make background. I also loved the pairing of just a white tshirt, which worked well with my layout as that is the color of cardstock I started off with. My "texture" is from the corrugated cardstock that I have underneath my photos. And my "gold" are the alphas, star paper clip and the little triangles in the vellum.

And now the rules!

1. Please post here with your work
2. All is welcome! Paper, digi, card-making, projects, whatever floats your boat!
3. You may combine with any other May or June Challenge, all Becky Fleck sketches
4. Due June 15th (since I'm posting so late)
5. One lucky random winner will receive a $5 ACOT gc from me!

Any questions - just ask!

Wonderful cherries participating:
1. jan509/Jan
2. jan509/Jan
3. Charleneanne/Charlene
4. hsblair/hsblair
5. jrrah4903 /Jillian
6. emmapaige/Chris
7. average_Kim/Kim
8. sweetsour/Karrie
9. keatonsgtgram/Karen
10. shoorn/Susan
11. Deanna13/Deanna
12. pawprints/Barb
13. Christi_S/Christi
14. sweetsour/Karrie
15. Sandi0805/Sandi
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:59 am, edited 14 times in total.
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 564

Re: May 2015 Fashion Challenge

Post by Shutterbug »

LOVE your LO. and the prompt. I always love Texture and Dimension on my LO's.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim »

LOVE your example layout! I might have to scraplift it!! How did you do the gelatos? Did you draw circles with them then blend or did you mix with water then paint the circles? I must know how to get this look!!
Kim

Image Image  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

average_kim wrote:LOVE your example layout! I might have to scraplift it!! How did you do the gelatos? Did you draw circles with them then blend or did you mix with water then paint the circles? I must know how to get this look!!
It's actually a dry smear. I used a 12x12 stencil, and dotted each circle with the gelato. Then went back with makeup sponge to "dry smear" it. No water.

Btw, scrapbook.com has free classes. There is one I signed up for, Learn 10 techniques using gelatos. That was lesson 1. I love it!
Brandy Williams

shoorn
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 2405

Post by shoorn »

Great idea and I love your layout! Great use of gelatos!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

blbabe1234 wrote:
average_kim wrote:LOVE your example layout! I might have to scraplift it!! How did you do the gelatos? Did you draw circles with them then blend or did you mix with water then paint the circles? I must know how to get this look!!
It's actually a dry smear. I used a 12x12 stencil, and dotted each circle with the gelato. Then went back with makeup sponge to "dry smear" it. No water.

Btw, scrapbook.com has free classes. There is one I signed up for, Learn 10 techniques using gelatos. That was lesson 1. I love it!
Good to know! Thanks for the info!
Kim

Image Image  
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 902

Post by pawprints »

Great challenge Brandy and I love your layout!!

Image Image Image  Image

jan509
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 908

Post by jan509 »

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

This is beautiful Jan! I love how the fashion image inspired your entire layout! I'm loving the denim alphas and the textured background. The watercolor frame is perfect with that photo! Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

jan509
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 908

Post by jan509 »

This was so much fun I tried again:
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... ort-carpet

I like silver rather than gold jewelry so that's what I chose.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

jan509 wrote:This was so much fun I tried again:
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... ort-carpet

I like silver rather than gold jewelry so that's what I chose.

Very cool layout. Glad my challenge inspired you to do it again! Thank you for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1429

Post by Charleneanne »

inspiration from denim, bright colors from skirt and leather.  Texture and something gold too.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:inspiration from denim, bright colors from skirt and leather.  Texture and something gold too.

This is great Charlene! Love the background paper you chose and all the gold elements. That little flower with the ric rac is perfect! Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

hsblair
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 412

Post by hsblair »

I combined this with the Becky Fleck sketch challenge #93.  I hope that was allowed.
I was planning on being inspired by the bright colors, but I ended up taking the leather and turquoise from the board.
I also used some real leather ribbon and there is gold in the arrow, plus gold stickles under the turquoise brads along the bottom.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

hsblair wrote:I combined this with the Becky Fleck sketch challenge #93.  I hope that was allowed.
I was planning on being inspired by the bright colors, but I ended up taking the leather and turquoise from the board.
I also used some real leather ribbon and there is gold in the arrow, plus gold stickles under the turquoise brads along the bottom.

What a beautiful layout! I just love the gold and the hint of turquoise. How cool that you added an actual piece of leather to the layout. This is wonderful! Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 645

Post by jrrah4903 »

I combined this month with the May This Seems SKetchy Challenge.
My inspiration from the board was the bright colors and the water-color pattern feel of the skirt.
My leather item are bright pink brads, they are hard to see so I included a 2nd pic, not sure if the leather texture still quite transfers though. My gold are glittery gold K&Co clothespins. Thanks for the challenge Brandy!

- Jillian

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

jrrah4903 wrote:I combined this month with the May This Seems SKetchy Challenge.
My inspiration from the board was the bright colors and the water-color pattern feel of the skirt.
My leather item are bright pink brads, they are hard to see so I included a 2nd pic, not sure if the leather texture still quite transfers though. My gold are glittery gold K&Co clothespins. Thanks for the challenge Brandy!

OMG this is amazing! I LOVE how the skirt inspired you to use a "watery" look, along with those super cool brads! The gold clothespins just perfectly finished the layout. Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 2068

Post by emmapaige »

This was fun.....I tried to make my layout look similar to the outfit with the white top, brown belt and the colorful bottom. I used a buckle and corrugated paper with gold stars/bow.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

Here's my entry!  I almost forgot to post it here!  Just trying to keep up with the 30 Days, 30 Layouts challenge, and didn't post it here the day I posted there and in the gallery!  Hoping next week will slow down for me a little bit!

I was inspired by the colors in the skirt on your photo-blues, pinks, and greens. I also matted my photo on denim patterned paper, because I was inspired by the fun denim vest in the photo. I used velvet ribbon for my texture and gold sequin strip, a gold enamel dot (my last one, lol), and a gold patterned washi tape!  Thanks for the fun challenge, Brandy!
Kim

Image Image  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:This was fun.....I tried to make my layout look similar to the outfit with the white top, brown belt and the colorful bottom. I used a buckle and corrugated paper with gold stars/bow.

This is fantastic Chris! I love that pp with the white on top. The buckle with the ribbon is great and LOVE the corrugated paper! Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

Return to “Contests & Challenges”