June Music Challenge *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 742

June Music Challenge *WINNER*

Post by pawprints » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:55 am

***** First off I want to say how much I appreciated all the kind words, thoughts, and hugs. Thank you all so much, it really meant a lot to me.

I really enjoyed everyone's different song choices and hearing about the feelings evoked by some of them. Great job by all of you!

And now, the random winner, courtesy of random.org, is…

#8 hsblair

Congratulations! I will be sending you your gift card shortly! *****

*** Reminding you all that my May Music Challenge is still running and doesn't deadline until June 9th. *** 

June is going to be a month of mixed emotions for me. It will be the first Father's Day that my dad will not be here, and 5 days after that will be his birthday. That is going to be a tough week, and I've already been feeling the effects of all the Father's Day signs in the stores and all the Dads and Grads advertisements. My dad's birthday was always on the same week as graduation, so every year when I would go to Party City to buy the decorations for his party it would be mobbed with all the people buying graduation decorations and balloons. So all the graduation hoopla this year really hits hard that I won't be in Party City that weekend to buy decorations for my dad. Although I feel so sad and miss him so much, there are also many happy things going on this month. My dd's birthday is this month, and the 14th is her and my sill's first wedding anniversary! Maddie is graduating from first grade this month too! So there will be many happy things to celebrate. This got me to thinking about this month's music challenge…

I want you to pick a song that is about any kind of emotion… it can about being happy, about being excited, about being angry, about being sad, about being in any kind of a mood. Then I want you to use the title of that song for the title of your page.

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you all create!

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.

Multiple submissions are allowed.

May be combined with one other challenge if that challenge allows it.

You have until the end of June to post your creations to this thread. A random winner will win a $5 ACOT gift card from me!

I decided I wanted my page to be about being happy, so I choose the song "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. The title perfectly describes how happy Maddie was on her very first day of Kindergarten!

Participants:
1) jrrah4903
2) Christi S.
3) scrappinmom99
4) butterfly843
5) Deanna13
6) average_kim
7) sweetsour
8) hsblair
9) Tammey
10) blbabe1234
11) blfonty
12) Sandi0805
13) Christi S.
14) Christi S.
15) CNMommy
16) emmapaige
17) PezKat
18) 1scrappymom
19) Christi S.
Last edited by pawprints on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Image Image Image Image

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 552

Re: June Music Challenge

Post by SherrieLynne » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 am

Beautiful Layout Barb! Love the title you chose. Now to find a photo and a title.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:55 am

Gorgeous layout! I love your challenge Barb.

And many ((HUGS)) to you this month!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1603

Post by joannie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:30 am

this is a great challenge!

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:40 am

Sending you lots of hugs to get through this difficult time, Barb! Embrace the good times though, it'll help you get through. Beautiful example and love the challenge! 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1622

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 pm

I truly understand your pain, hugs to you!!! This is a great challenge, and I LOVE your sample!!!
Susan  Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 639

Post by 1scrappymom » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm

It's so hard to lose a loved one.  I hope the good memories help you through the tough times!  Thanks for hosting this challenge!!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:12 pm

((Hugs)) to you, Barb.  I lost my dad when I was 12 years old.  There's still a catch in my heart when I see the cards/gift items show up in stores. . .  Same for Mother's Day now.

Love the challenge; I can't wait to see what photos I have to scrap to pick a song.  I love your song--perfect for a little one's layout!!  Kids that age don't have a care in the world--and it should be that way!!
Kim

Image Image  

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 612

Post by jrrah4903 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Here is my June Music Challenge. I chose a more obscure feeling of sorts... optimistic! My DS has Asperger's and is very, very rarely optimistic about anything. He loved these
8 bit glasses that came in a LOOT Crate box he got for a gift. He wouldn't take them off for several days. :) I love the things he actually connects to and embraces!

I chose the Timbuk 3 song "The futures so bright (I gotta wear shades).
- Jillian

Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1467

Post by Christi S. » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:53 am

Here's a layout from me:

The song is by Quiet Riot and the feeling is fun and happy.

I combined with the June Sketch challenge.

Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1174

Post by Yankeegirl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:09 pm

I know just what you are feeling, Barb.  While I lost my Dad 6 years ago, June is tough with Father's Day and his birthday, too.  And I can't ignore his birthday, since my oldest brother's is the same day.  I am finding myself deleting any email that talks about making Father's Day gifts or cards.  It still is hard.  So sending hugs your way!  And thanks for a challenge that will help me to deal with this loss, too, in some way!
Until you spread your wings you have no idea how far you'll fly.

Kathy

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Yankeegirl wrote:I know just what you are feeling, Barb.  While I lost my Dad 6 years ago, June is tough with Father's Day and his birthday, too.  And I can't ignore his birthday, since my oldest brother's is the same day.  I am finding myself deleting any email that talks about making Father's Day gifts or cards.  It still is hard.  So sending hugs your way!  And thanks for a challenge that will help me to deal with this loss, too, in some way!
Many ((hugs)) Kathy. I have been getting lots of Father's Day e-mails too and they are so hard to look at I also delete them.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 pm

average_kim wrote:((Hugs)) to you, Barb.  I lost my dad when I was 12 years old.  There's still a catch in my heart when I see the cards/gift items show up in stores. . .  Same for Mother's Day now.

Love the challenge; I can't wait to see what photos I have to scrap to pick a song.  I love your song--perfect for a little one's layout!!  Kids that age don't have a care in the world--and it should be that way!!
Many ((hugs)) Kim.

Image Image Image Image

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 915

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:25 pm

(((Barb))) Hugs to you - June is a bittersweet month for you but I hope the sweet will be stronger!

I used the song It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - my kids love Christmas and all the excitement and festivity that goes with it. One of the things they look forward to the most is going to see Santa. Yes, even at their ages now LOL! DS will be 16 this Christmas and still going strong! We definitely Believe!Image
I combined this with the May Manufacturer Challenge.

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 874

Post by butterfly843 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Here's mine used the Taylor Swift song Love Story for this layout

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Here's mine for the Music Challenge using the song title "Love and Happiness" by Al Green. Image

I combined this with the May Fashion Challenge that has a duedate of June 15.

Photo of sweet grandkids Sydney and Nate with their little brothers Travis and Evan right after Travis was born. (Feb. 2015) Image
Love and Happiness
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Here's my entry!  I chose the emotion "happy," so I had to use the song title "So Happy Together!"

I'm combining with the 30 Days 30 LOs challenge.
Kim

Image Image  

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 898

Post by sweetsour » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Big hugs Barb! 
My page about the emotion of love is called You Stole my Heart and that's a song by One Direction.
combo with Val's challenge #1.
 Karrie

hsblair
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 304

Post by hsblair » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:07 am

I included some lyrics from Beauty and the Beast on my LO.  These words have always made me feel nostalgic, but now that my daughter is almost grown up, thinking back at her "princess stage" makes it even more so.

Tammey
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1098

Post by Tammey » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 am

I had to chose happy because when you are around this baby girl that is the only mood you can be in. My song is Smile by Uncle Cracker which is also my title.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”