The random winner for the $5 GC is mom2ellabell! Congratulations and you'll receive the GC soon!
Hey everyone! Looking forward to hosting some challenges and having fun this month! I'll get more challenges up over the next few days, but here is one to start you off.
On this layout, I used Bella Blvd’s Color Chaos collection to scrap a photo of my son and his first two teeth (which are very sharp, by the way!). I really wanted to use this cool transparency because it has fun arrows, and I love arrows. I might even be obsessed with them. Once I add an arrow to a layout, I feel compelled to add another, and another, and... You get the idea. So I cut and used arrows from the transparency, then I added an arrow sticker, and then I doodled a few small arrows for good measure.
Hmmm, could use a few more arrows...
Your challenge is to first choose a shape or element that you love - it can be arrows, circles, stars, chevrons, whatever floats your boat! Then you are to use that element on your layout in three different ways. You can use patterned paper, washi, paint, glitter, stickers, anything, but it has to be three unique ways.
For example, if I chose circles I could use a circle stamp, a piece of patterned paper with circles on it, and some stitched circles. I would not be able to use just three patterned papers with circles as that would only count as using them one way. (I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know!)
A winner will be chosen randomly to receive a $5 ACOT Gift Certificate. Have fun!
The fine print:
- Open to paper, digi, and hybrid layouts; must be a new creation
- Submit your entry to either this thread or the GD #1 Challenge gallery by 11:59 pm on June 30, 2015 EST. I'll check both places before drawing a winner.
- Only one entry per person
- Can be combined with one other June challenge that allows combining but not with another GD challenge. (And definitely use it for the 30 in 30 challenge if you’re participating!)
I'm also including the elements people chose - it's fun to see them listed out because there is such variety!
- SherrieLynne - the word "happy"
- scrappinmom99/Anne-Marie - mustaches
- shoorn/Susan - circles
- blbabe1234/Brandy - paw prints (is anyone surprised?)
- Tammey - polka dots
- Deanna13/Deanna - triangles
- jan509 - arrows
- 1scrappymom/Shannon - stars
- oceanbreezes423/Susan - squares
- kate W. - stars
- jrrah4903/Jillian - doilies
- Christi S. - stars
- average_kim/Kim - hearts
- scrapy1967/Janet - circles
- Linda S. - circles
- joannie - circles
- emmapaige/Chris - banners
- sweetsour/Karrie - hearts
- messa09 - clouds/rain
- BrendaR - arrows
- anazelia/Ana - hearts
- ncokely - clocks
- Retiree3/Donna - circles
- Art_Teacher/Laura - stars
- hsblair - circles
- butterfly843/Jenn - chevrons
- Sandi0805 - circles
- karen c. - cameras
- scrappininAK/Heather - hearts
- Sara M. - cameras
- StacyLee/Stacy - paw prints
- mom2ellabell - arrows
- PezKat - buttons
- pawprints/Barb - dog bones