April Color Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1902

April Color Challenge

Post by Art_Teacher »

Since I am finally finished with the school musical and can play again, I am bringing back the Color Challenge. :)  Spring is one of my favorite seasons because everything is so green!  Image  For this challenge, I challenge you to use green in your layout.  For the twist to it, I will enter your name in a drawing for a prize once for every shade of green you use!  You will have to make a list for me when you submit your layout to the gallery spot provided, because sometimes with computers, you can't always see the different shades.  Easy peasy?  The layout does not have to be monochromatic.

Challenge will be due by midnight on April 30th.  Must be a new layout.  Can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.  Post in the gallery space provided and here on this thread, if you want. :) 

Here is an example:
For this layout I used light mint green, medium blue-green, and dark hunter green, so that would be 3 entries.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 782

Re: April Color Challenge

Post by suewho372 »

This challenge is perfect for my photo, it even has green in it, I LOVE this photo of Memphis under our Willow tree (2011). It is now gone, we had 3 and a disease went through the area and killed many of the Willows. Image
I used Lime green, bright green, grass green . 
Last edited by suewho372 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
Tammey
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1371

Post by Tammey »

Yippee!!! I love the color challenge. I am so happy you brought it back. Your layout is stunning.
ImageImageImageImage
Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1304

Post by Yankeegirl »

Gorgeous layout for this fun challenge, Laura!
Can we uninstall 2020?  It has a virus.

Kathy
Image                Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3198

Post by blbabe1234 »

Great challenge
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Post by average_kim »

Great challenge!  Thanks!
Kim

Image Image  
karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 240

Post by karensay »

green is my FAVORITE color!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 293

Post by Flasher »

LOL!  I just worked with green today! 
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 775

Post by 1scrappymom »

First challenge done for the month!  Ok, so there are a ton of shades of green in this, so I will list them the best I can...
The trees are 4 shades of green ranging from a forest green, traditional green, lime and sort of a blue-green.  The button is mint green and the patterned papers have  a dark green, light green (lighter than the lime) and a green that is even lighter.  So I guess in total there are 8 different shades of green on this.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 293

Post by Flasher »

Here's mine!  I listed the Traditional Green, Lime Green (actual product description), Olive Green (actual product description), Putting Green (actual product description), and Dark Forest Green. 

When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1049

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Great challenge, Laura! Green is my favorite color! I love all the greens in your layout and the big circle - very nice!

Lime green - photo mat
Grass green - circles
Glittery green - chevrons
Forest green - enamel dots
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Rozebud
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 146

Post by Rozebud »

Here is my take. Fun challenge!  I used 4 shades of green from one collection, Grass, mint and pale green on the papers, and emerald on the ribbon. 
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/222133

rachel0017
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 302

Post by rachel0017 »

Submitted for the April Color Challenge. I've used a variety of greens (forest green, hunter green, mint green, bright green) on this layout about how we celebrated my daughter's 2nd birthday, which happens to be St. Patrick's Day.

joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1821

Post by joannie »

Here is mine Laura!! I'm guessing 3 shades of green. This is also for the Manufacturer challenge!
- joannie

Image Image Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3198

Post by blbabe1234 »

Here is mine:

I used lime green
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
jcsmaestra
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 626

Post by jcsmaestra »

I used lime green, mint green, apple green, forest green, olive green.  I combined this with the Pet Challenge.
Mary           Love is all around you.Image

ImageImage  Image Image

Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1304

Post by Yankeegirl »

Here's my page.  For some reason, these papers look green in natural light, but my photography/photo edit package seems to have made them more blue than green.  To my eye anyway, the base paper is a deep blue green, the title letters, twine circles, and die cut flower strip under the photo are mint green; the  enamel dots are lime green; and  the washi tape is a pea green.  The big die cut flower, along with one of the die cut hearts, are a dark blue/green.    I re-photographed this page today, and in daylight it does show the green shades that I see!
I combined with the April Title challenge.

Image    Image

Can we uninstall 2020?  It has a virus.

Kathy
Image                Image
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1823

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Here is mine. I chose a paper with a lime green color, that my banner has sage, lime and kelly green in it.

Susan  Image    Image
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 577

Post by Berta R. »

Green is definitely not my favorite color to work with so I stuck with paler shades for this LO. 

***Berta***
57Diana
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 365

Post by 57Diana »

This was great fun.  I am combining this challenge with the Title Challenge.  I used many shades of green. I used smokey green yarn.  I used a light green patterned paper for the background paper.  I matted with dark green.  I used a medium green dotted paper.  I used a very light green paisley paper for the journal box that I inked with Cottage Ivy green. I used lime green for one of my hearts.Then finally, I used a medley of greens for the large triangle.  So that makes 8 different greens on this layout. WOW!  

An expert at anything was once a beginner!

Return to “Contests & Challenges”