May MOOD BOARD Challenge - WINNER!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

May MOOD BOARD Challenge - WINNER!

Post by Deanna13 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:56 am

I chose a little different style of Mood Board for this month in that it's mostly monochromatic. It's very Summery and there are a variety of different images to inspire you. Your requirement this month is to use any shade of blue/teal and you must use STAMPING. Please state what inspired you. This doesn't have to be monochromatic. You may add other colors as well. Image

May Mood Board

I used a variety of blues and teals here and I was inspired by the Summer theme with the pool and the various water images.

Photos of DH with grandson Brady at the pool, June 2014. Image
It was really cold and he wore his wet shirt.
It's So Cold!

For the fine print....
This can be a paper or digital layout, pocket page, or card. All work must be new. You may do this multiple times. You may combine with one other challenge that allows that. Please link your work here. Deadline is May 31st. A random winner will be selected for a $5 ACOT gift card from me! If there are alot of participants I will draw a second name for a RAK too.

Hope this inspires you to create! Image
-------------------
Cherries Participating: Image
1. Carrie (CarrieG)
2. Donna (Retiree3)
3. Lisa (ScrappyDistractions)
4. (love2stamp)
5. Kathy (Yankeegirl)
6. Karen (karen c.)
7. Brandy (blbabe1234)
8. Susan (suewho372)
9. Leslee (MTCanuk)
10. Chris (emmapaige)
11. Susan (suewho372)
12. Karen (keatonsgtgram)
13. Barb (pawprints)
14. Sandi (Sandi0805)
15. Sandi (Sandi0805)
16. Charlene (Charleneanne)
-------------------------------------
Time for my May Mood Board Winner!

Thanks to all those who participated this month! Image

The winner drawn according to Random.org are...

Winner of the #5 ACOT Gift Card -

11. Susan (suewho372)
(I'll be buying it soon.)

Congrats Susan!! Image
Last edited by Deanna13 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:14 am, edited 10 times in total.
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Re: May MOOD BOARD Challenge

Post by emmapaige » Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Beautiful Mood Board and layout!! And thanks for the reminder to did out those stamps that are hiding!! Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1111

Post by beachlover » Sun May 01, 2016 9:16 am

gorgeous!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:47 am

Stunning mood board! Gorgeous layout!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1174

Post by Yankeegirl » Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Stunning layout, Deanna, and I love the stenciling!  Thanks for another great challenge this month!
Until you spread your wings you have no idea how far you'll fly.

Kathy

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1622

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:20 am

Love these colors! Will be a fun one! Great sample!
Susan  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1209

Post by CarrieG » Thu May 05, 2016 2:56 pm

I was inspired by the diff shades of blue and I included stamping

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:29 pm

CarrieG wrote:I was inspired by the diff shades of blue and I included stamping

Wonderful work with the Mood Board, Carrie! I love the stamping, misting, and sprinkle of sequins! Nice work with this line and thanks for taking my challenge! Image
 ImageImageImage

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4236

Post by Retiree3 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:12 pm

ImageI was inspired by the strips of colors on the right hand side of the picture.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 465

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Mon May 09, 2016 11:10 am

Love this mood board - my favorite colors!  I started this layout almost immediately but set it aside.  Now with a second straight day of rain and gloomy weather I am super-motivated to scrap so I'm making so much progress on May and NSD challenges!  Hopefully no one will notice that the dishes still haven't been done, vacuuming is behind schedule, dinner will likely be fast food, and I still haven't found a job.....

I ended up choosing the bottom right image for inspiration - I really liked the stripes as it gave me a way of using a paper collection that has been sitting unused for a year or so.  I specifically pulled out the paper collection for this challenge but was struggling to make headway with it.  The 'problem' with the paper was that the patterns were so bold that I was finding it hard to use in large sizes.  But once I re-examined the mood board and saw the stripes at the bottom, I had a bit of a 'eureka' moment.  I found that if I cut the paper into smaller pieces - strips in this case - the paper was much more manageable.  The end result is still bold for me but I am trying to learn to break out of my comfort zone and stop being afraid of loud and bold (funny - loud and bold is totally my verbal personality yet not typically my fashion/design style)

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:02 pm

Retiree3 wrote:ImageI was inspired by the strips of colors on the right hand side of the picture.
This is very cute, Donna! I love the paper strips and buttons! Thanks so much for taking my Mood Board Challenge! Image
 ImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 pm

ScrappyDistractions wrote:Love this mood board - my favorite colors!  I started this layout almost immediately but set it aside.  Now with a second straight day of rain and gloomy weather I am super-motivated to scrap so I'm making so much progress on May and NSD challenges!  Hopefully no one will notice that the dishes still haven't been done, vacuuming is behind schedule, dinner will likely be fast food, and I still haven't found a job.....

I ended up choosing the bottom right image for inspiration - I really liked the stripes as it gave me a way of using a paper collection that has been sitting unused for a year or so.  I specifically pulled out the paper collection for this challenge but was struggling to make headway with it.  The 'problem' with the paper was that the patterns were so bold that I was finding it hard to use in large sizes.  But once I re-examined the mood board and saw the stripes at the bottom, I had a bit of a 'eureka' moment.  I found that if I cut the paper into smaller pieces - strips in this case - the paper was much more manageable.  The end result is still bold for me but I am trying to learn to break out of my comfort zone and stop being afraid of loud and bold (funny - loud and bold is totally my verbal personality yet not typically my fashion/design style)

Amazing work with the Mood Board, Lisa! I love how you used the bold prints in strips. I've never use Ella & Viv but I like this line. Thanks so much for participating in my challenge! Image
 ImageImageImage

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 828

Post by love2stamp » Mon May 16, 2016 4:39 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:32 am

love2stamp wrote:Image

Nice work with the Mood Board! I like your pretty mix of papers and the rounded corners. Thanks so much for taking my challenge! Image
 ImageImageImage

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1174

Post by Yankeegirl » Fri May 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Here's my page!  Another page for the Disney album! This is for the May Mood Board Mostly monochromatic, using the color blue/teal. My stamping is the title (Under the Sea). I know I have clear acrylic alphas that are so easy to use, but I just could NOT find them! So I had to use the 'old-fashioned' wood block ones. So hard to see where you stamp, which is obvious on this page! I was also inspired by the water, with my mermaid in the photo. I also thought the background paper was very like the pineapple wallpaper design, as well as the water in the bottom middle photo! I had to add the pop of orange!

Until you spread your wings you have no idea how far you'll fly.

Kathy

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Yankeegirl wrote:Here's my page!  Another page for the Disney album! This is for the May Mood Board Mostly monochromatic, using the color blue/teal. My stamping is the title (Under the Sea). I know I have clear acrylic alphas that are so easy to use, but I just could NOT find them! So I had to use the 'old-fashioned' wood block ones. So hard to see where you stamp, which is obvious on this page! I was also inspired by the water, with my mermaid in the photo. I also thought the background paper was very like the pineapple wallpaper design, as well as the water in the bottom middle photo! I had to add the pop of orange!

Fantastic work with the Mood Board, Kathy! I love your background paper and I love that you stamped your title. I nearly did that this week when I couldn't find the right letters. Also love your flowers and the flourishes! Thanks so much for participating in my May Challenge! Image
 ImageImageImage

karen c.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 633

Post by karen c. » Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 pm

My favorite colors Deanna! And water!!!! I think we must be related. If you look closely in the corner by the other starfish you will see a stamped starfish. Thanks for the challenge!
Image          Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Post by blbabe1234 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Here is mine:

I used 2 shades of blue mists and made a messy background. Used pool pictures and lots of color. My stamps are the words "Memories" and "Fun"
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:20 am

seastar wrote:My favorite colors Deanna! And water!!!! I think we must be related. If you look closely in the corner by the other starfish you will see a stamped starfish. Thanks for the challenge!

Yes, I agree we both love the water!! LOL :) Cool snorkel photos and I love your stamped starfish! We saw a bunch of those at Aruba and Grenada on our last cruise. Thanks so much for participating in my Mood Board Challenge, Karen! Image
 ImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush

Post by Deanna13 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:23 am

blbabe1234 wrote:Here is mine:

I used 2 shades of blue mists and made a messy background. Used pool pictures and lots of color. My stamps are the words "Memories" and "Fun"

I love how you made your background, Brandy! Really perfect for the Mood Board and I like that journal card with the accents! Thanks so much for taking my challenge! Image
 ImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”