May 2016 Cherryland Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 536

May 2016 Cherryland Challenge

Post by sherelm » Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 am

Story of the Two Princesses of Cherry Land

Once upon a time there were two princesses that lived in a faraway land – Cherry Land. One princess – Princess Maraschino– was very dutiful to the laws of Cherry Land, and heeded all warnings given by her subjects and court. The other Princess, Princess SourCherry wasn’t evil, but more spiteful, and always did things a bit unconventional.

May 2016
The princesses were on an outing with their parents, the King and Queen, to an art exhibit at the Cherryland Museum.  This was the first time the girls actually accompanied their parents on an official outing when they were invited.  They are grown now, so they need to take part in things to learn how to rule the kingdom, even though the King is a fairly young man yet and will probably rule for many more years. 
Walking thru the paintings (all the paintings are of a cherry theme of course) the King said to the Queen “I’ve a marvelous idea. Let’s allow the girls to each choose a painting for the castle.  The castle will one day belong to Princess Sour Cherry, but it would be nice to let them each choose one now.”   The Queen thought that was a great idea, especially since Princess Maraschino wouldn’t be excluded as she has better taste in the Queen’s mind.   Sour Cherry just chooses more modern eclectic paintings. 
So the girls were even more excited looking at the paintings, knowing each of them would be allowed to bring one back to their castle.  Every now and then, the Queen would try and steer them away from some of the less “castle appropriate” paintings, and yet the King would say “Dear, it’s their age, their style.  It’s time to relinquish the control.”  Surprisingly, when the choices were made – they were surprised at the two completely different, but surprisingly beautiful choices.

And here they are:
Princess Sour Cherry liked this one – with a tongue in cheek approach.  It’s a real cherry “Pi”.  

Princess Maraschino chose this one –  called the Cherry Picker.  Softer colors, with many other colors included. 

You do know what you have to do, don’t you?   Yes, let their painting inspire you.  No rules this time, just use colors, or even the numbers in Sour Cherry’s, or the dog in Princess Maraschino’s picture to do your layout.  An extra entry, though, if you do find a way to use the cherry red color in your layout! 

This may be combined with another challenge that allows it, and you will have until June 15th due to the NSD activities, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day this month.  Have fun!!

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 937

Re: May 2016 Cherryland Challenge

Post by Yankeegirl » Sun May 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Wow, cool inspiration this month again, Sharon!  Love the choices!
"Do more of what makes you happy."

Kathy

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2793

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:40 pm

FUN challenge Sher!! I'm really excited to do this one!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 504

Post by Shutterbug » Mon May 02, 2016 6:31 am

I love your Stories.  "The Cherry Picker" painting is Gorgeous!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2739

Post by Deanna13 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:38 pm

This is for the Princess Maraschino Challenge. Image
I was inspired by the soft colors and the vintage girl so I went with photos of the grandkids. For the bonus I used Cherry Red.

Photos of youngest grandson Travis with his siblings on his first birthday, Feb. 2016. Image
Shine
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Mon May 02, 2016 2:53 pm

Deanna13 wrote:This is for the Princess Maraschino Challenge. Image
I was inspired by the soft colors and the vintage girl so I went with photos of the grandkids. For the bonus I used Cherry Red.

Photos of youngest grandson Travis with his siblings on his first birthday, Feb. 2016. Image
Shine
You amaze me Deanna how fast you can pull a layout together, and how well you do it!!  This is perfect for that layout, and your grandchildren on it, as well!!  Love the flower, and how you tucked so much under the spot, and still added stitching!!  Thanks for doing the challenge, Deanna! 

HeatherS1974
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 824

Post by HeatherS1974 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Thank you, for the fun challenge :) I was inspired by the cherry redImage

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Wed May 04, 2016 2:13 pm

HeatherS1974 wrote:Thank you, for the fun challenge :) I was inspired by the cherry redImage
VERY clever - love all the work you put into this - amazing!! Wonderful word layering, as well!! Thank you for doing this challenge!!

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1333

Post by joannie » Fri May 06, 2016 4:39 pm

I was inspired by the "Cherry Pi" and put numbers (date) in the football. Nice challenge again this month Sher!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2793

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun May 15, 2016 10:38 am

I used the painting for Princess Maraschino as inspiration. I went with pics of me and the pups, using a cherry red cardstock for the die cuts. The rest of the layout is quite soft in colors.

combined it with Title Challenge
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 am

blbabe1234 wrote:I used the painting for Princess Maraschino as inspiration. I went with pics of me and the pups, using a cherry red cardstock for the die cuts. The rest of the layout is quite soft in colors.

combined it with Title Challenge
I love it Brandy!  The colors are wonderful together! And of course I love puppy pages, nothing makes us happier than animals!

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2739

Post by Deanna13 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Here's mine for the Sour Cherry part using Red, Green, Cream and for the Bonus I used Cherry Red. Image

I combined this with the What's on TV Challenge.

Photo of DD Marla with her 2 sweet kids, Brady and Kaylee. (Christmas 2015) Image
Wish Season
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1017

Post by emmapaige » Sun May 15, 2016 5:47 pm

I chose Princess Sour Cherry where I used the yellow background as inspiration with a touch of red and green. I see others said the background was cream but it sure looked yellow on my computer!! That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 am

joannie wrote:I was inspired by the "Cherry Pi" and put numbers (date) in the football. Nice challenge again this month Sher!

Now why didn't I think of numbers on the football?  I did that layout of Joey, and never dawned on me to add the date there!!  What a great page, with lots of photos, my favorite - to add a lot of photos!!   And your word "Football" is pretty dang cool, too.  Thanks for playing! 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Mon May 16, 2016 9:39 am

Deanna13 wrote:Here's mine for the Sour Cherry part using Red, Green, Cream and for the Bonus I used Cherry Red. Image

I combined this with the What's on TV Challenge.

Photo of DD Marla with her 2 sweet kids, Brady and Kaylee. (Christmas 2015) Image
Wish Season
Pretty darn cool title  - "Wish Season"!!  Oh how true that is, from presents, to the end of the year -regrets and hopes!  Love it.  I love the page itself, beautiful details!  Thanks for playing Deanna! 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am

emmapaige wrote:Image

I chose Princess Sour Cherry where I used the yellow background as inspiration with a touch of red and green. I see others said the background was cream but it sure looked yellow on my computer!! That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!

Looks yellow to me Chris, too!  I guess it has to do with a lot of things, the lighting we are each in, the tints of the computer screen, etc.  Even the pictures we choose!  But whatever it is, love your layout!  How did you do that cluster of hearts and swirls, yourself, a diecut, cricut??  Really cool! 

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 3553

Post by Retiree3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:30 pm

I used Princess Sour Cherry. I was inspired by the numbers.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 656

Post by keatonsgtgram » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:03 pm

I did both!

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 937

Post by Yankeegirl » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Here's my page for the Sour Cherry challenge.  I chose to use cherry reds, 'real' cherries, cherries on the patterned paper, and my own cherries in the photos!

"Do more of what makes you happy."

Kathy

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Retiree3 wrote:I used Princess Sour Cherry. I was inspired by the numbers.

I would have went with the numbers as well, but I also love your washi tape Easter eggs!!  Beautiful colors!  Thanks for doing my challenge. 

Return to “Contests & Challenges”