June Cherryland Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 593

June Cherryland Challenge

Post by sherelm » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:13 am

Story of the Two Princesses of CherryLand

Once upon a time there were two princesses that lived in a faraway land – Cherry Land. One princess – Princess Maraschino– was very dutiful to the laws of Cherry Land, and heeded all warnings given by her subjects and court. The other Princess, Princess SourCherry wasn’t evil, but more spiteful, and always did things a bit unconventional.
June 2016
REMINDER!  Cherryland challenge for May isn’t due until the 15th (due to the NSD challenges).  So you still have time to do that one and get started on this one!
The girls are getting ready to attend one of their cousins’ wedding.  It’s June in Cherryland, so of course it’s wedding season.  Their cousin is bringing his bride to the castle to get married, so the decorations are getting delivered on a daily basis, and the center of the attraction is the live Cherry trees that will line the steps into the grand entry.
It’s a very formal wedding, of course, with the bride and groom making it a black tie affair except for the hints of cherries here and there.  While they aren’t from Cherryland,  their cousin was named for a cherry since his sister loved her brother the king, and was from Cherryland originally.  His name, Cuthbert, is a species of Cherry that is grown only in their greenhouse. 
So the girls are helping “Bert” with his plans, and the bride, of course has her own planning to do.  The queen has also joined in with her favorite nephew. 

So she asked her daughters what they were wearing, and both (there’s a first time for everything!!) decided on black dresses.  Of course Sour Cherry wanted her also blinged out in rhinestones, whereas Maraschino found a lovely dress with more bows, and is wearing her grandmother’s pearls. 

This month is a little unusual since those girls chose similar dresses!!  But oh yes, I still have a challenge for you!!
1) If you are Maraschino, use black and white PHOTOS to do your page, no color photos allowed, but you may use colors in your supplies!
2) If you are Sour Cherry, use black and white paper/embellies/supplies to do your entire layout, but you may use any color photos.
AND FINALLY 3) – If you, like the princesses, want to join forces you can have two entries if you do an entire layout with only black and white supplies AND photos!  You will not have to do both pages to get the two entries this time!! 
As for the fine print, yes, you may combine with any other challenge that allows it.  On July 1st  I will award a $5 gift card to the layout chosen at random.  And most of all, have fun!!

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3408

Re: June Cherryland Challenge

Post by Deanna13 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 am

Cool challenges! Thanks Sher! 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1632

Post by joannie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:28 am

nice twist Sher!

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 772

Post by suewho372 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 am

cool idea! I love it! Thanks for the challenge!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3015

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:27 pm

AWESOME!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1223

Post by Yankeegirl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 pm

I am really going to have to work to get this challenge done this month!  Love it!
Always remember that you are unique----
just like everybody else.

Kathy
Image                Image

karen c.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 656

Post by karen c. » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:12 am

Great challenge! Thank you!
Image          Image

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 619

Post by StacyLee » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:00 pm

This is so clever! Thanks for the challenge!
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   Image

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 619

Post by StacyLee » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:25 pm

This month I'm a maraschino Image Fun challenge, thanks!
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3015

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:00 pm

I chose Maraschino  Cherry using a b/w photo with colored supplies

~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 284

Post by KrazSparkle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:27 pm

I did both, unless you count the tiny bit of sliver, then I did the black and white photos :) ( I cant figure out why its going sideways)

(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:32 pm

StacyLeeD wrote:This month I'm a maraschino Image Fun challenge, thanks!

That's such a cute photo!! It really does stand out past the colorful background!! Thanks for playing, and love your layout! 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:34 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:I chose Maraschino  Cherry using a b/w photo with colored supplies

Thank you for making me smile!! Penny IS a sweet girl, and I love the simplicity of your layout but with all the pretty girlie stuff!!  Love Penny most of all, though (but of course!)  Thanks for doing the challenge Brandi!! 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:35 pm

KrazSparkle wrote:I did both, unless you count the tiny bit of sliver, then I did the black and white photos :) ( I cant figure out why its going sideways)

Silver is "Shiny gray" in my books, so nope, it still counts!!!  VERY nice layout, and I love the layers!!!  (btw, I had the "Why is this sideways?" moments, too. . .  )  Thanks for playing!!! 

stateless
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 261

Post by stateless » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I am Maraschino - not sure why I never think to use black and white photos. I always say I should do it and then forget. Thanks for the challenge!!

- Valerie/stateless

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:46 pm

stateless wrote:I am Maraschino - not sure why I never think to use black and white photos. I always say I should do it and then forget. Thanks for the challenge!!

Well if you're like me, I WISH my photos from my childhood were more in color and less black and white, because I want to see the dresses again, the color of people's hair, etc..... So I don't like making photos black and white just "because"  it's artsy.  But I do love the look, so if I have other photos with the real colors, I'm ok with it!! Make sense? No?  LOL

I do love the way you did the challenge, the colors you chose don't rival the black and white photos, and that's a tough trick.  LOVE it!! Thanks for doing my challenge.

karen c.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 656

Post by karen c. » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:35 pm

I am Maraschino. Thank you so much for this challenge! My darling new grandson and son. I don't think this photo would have the impact in color as it does in black and white. Funny how some photos are like that.
Image          Image

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1223

Post by Yankeegirl » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Here we go!  Two Cherrylands in a row for me---wowzers!   Loved doing this one.  I chose Sour Cherry, so I used black and white (cream) papers, buttons, alphas, etc.  My photo is basically black and white with just bits of color.  It was a day when we wore our white matching family shirts at Disney!    I am using this for today's 30/30 as well.  Thanks for another fun Cherry challenge!

Always remember that you are unique----
just like everybody else.

Kathy
Image                Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1404

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Here is mine - B&W photo with colorful papers.  Also for Day 17 of the 30/30 Challenge.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1467

Post by Christi S. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:18 pm

I did all 3

#3 option - BW photos and BW embellies/paper/etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Return to “Contests & Challenges”