MMC (June 6) Challenge #3 *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30621
Layouts: 1938

MMC (June 6) Challenge #3 *WINNER*

Post by Art_Teacher »

This seemed like a toughie, but you ladies did great!  Randomly drawn winner is KrazSparkle!  PM me with your addy so I can send your prize.
Okay...so if you didn't figure it out, yet, my post about hoarding is for a recipe challenge. ;). Did you answer it?  If not, you need to answer here before you read any further:  viewtopic.php?f=5&t=259261



























Ready?  Okay!
Create a layout that uses the corresponding items to what you say you hoard. You must use those items and only those items as your embellishments.  Freebies are hand or computer journaling, adhesive, and any types of paper.

A.  books/magazines = pre-printed journal spot(s)/journal tag(s)
B.  craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or stickles
C.  knickknacks = metal charms 
D.  clothes = buttons
E.  shoes = wood, cloth, or leather embellies
F.  memorabilia = memorabilia!   (duh! ;) )
G.  electronics = wire embellies (pre made or make your own)
H.  tools = use a tool you own to make an embellies (punches, Sew Easy, die cut machine, etc.)
I.   recipes = use a sketch (and be sure to show it when you post)
J.  toys/games = stickers
K.  jewelry = bling

As for that last additional item you added, choose something that it relates to somehow. Be creative!  For example, if you said "tote bags" you could include a pocket for journaling or a fabric swatch.  If you said nothing or didn't answer then you aren't a true hoarder, so you have to do your layout with only two pieces of paper and the 3 embellies! ;)

Post your completed layout along with your list of items in the provided gallery spot by midnight, Saturday, June 11th.  Must be a new layout and cannot be combined with any other challenges except for the 30/30 challenge.

 
Last edited by Art_Teacher on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 70216
Layouts: 3233
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by blbabe1234 »

I had a feeling! Image

craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or sticklers
memorabilia = memorabilia
recipes = use a sketch (and be sure to show it when you post)

item not on the list...dog toys. LOL! My 3 play with maybe, MAYBE 10% of all of their toys. But I keep buying..for them.. 
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4509
Layouts: 1308
Location: MT

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by MTCanuk »

Oh, you are a sneaky one!  Love it!
Image

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

 
User avatar
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Posts: 18139
Layouts: 1746
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by emmapaige »

craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or sticklers
shoes = wood, cloth, or leather embellies
recipes = use a sketch (and be sure to show it when you post)

Now if I can only come up with something creative for makeup....I think I see gelatos!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImage Image
 
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40620
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by pawprints »

Love it! This will be fun!

I chose:
craft supplies - glitters or glimmer mists or stickles
shoes - wood, cloth, or leather embellies
jewelry - bling
electronics - wire embellies (pre made or make your own)

My additional item: 
stuffed animals
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40620
Layouts: 842
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or sticklers
shoes = wood, cloth, or leather embellies
recipes = use a sketch (and be sure to show it when you post)

Now if I can only come up with something creative for makeup....I think I see gelatos!!!
Oh yes gelatos! Or colored pencils or thin marker lines (eyeliner)!
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4221
Layouts: 1344
Location: Lititz PA

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Yankeegirl »

B.  craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or stickles

E.  shoes = wood, cloth, or leather embellies

G.  electronics = wire embellies (pre made or make your own)

I'm not sure that I know what wire embellies are!!!   

My add on was towels (what WAS I thinking)???    Maybe I have a towel embellishment somewhere!
Next week has been exhausting.

Kathy
Image                Image    Image   Image 
User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11977
Layouts: 1848
Location: South Carolina

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

OK, here is my spot. 

Recipes- use a sketch
craft supplies- use glitter, mist, etc
memorabilia- memorabilia

and my extra was candles. Hmmmmmm
Susan  Image   Image  Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30621
Layouts: 1938

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Art_Teacher »

Yankeegirl wrote:B.  craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or stickles

E.  shoes = wood, cloth, or leather embellies

G.  electronics = wire embellies (pre made or make your own)

I'm not sure that I know what wire embellies are!!!   

My add on was towels (what WAS I thinking)???    Maybe I have a towel embellishment somewhere!
 A lot of times, wire embellies are words like these, but you could bend wire into shapes, designs, etc. ;)
 Image
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3045
Layouts: 12

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Linda L »

OMG I said collector dolls, now what do I do?? any ideas??
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 70216
Layouts: 3233
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:
emmapaige wrote:craft supplies = glitters or glimmer mists or sticklers
shoes = wood, cloth, or leather embellies
recipes = use a sketch (and be sure to show it when you post)

Now if I can only come up with something creative for makeup....I think I see gelatos!!!
Oh yes gelatos! Or colored pencils or thin marker lines (eyeliner)!
 
Texture paste could be like liquid foundation
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30621
Layouts: 1938

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Art_Teacher »

Linda-1949 wrote:OMG I said collector dolls, now what do I do?? any ideas??
Tie them in however you can.  Photos of dolls?  Stickers of faces?   
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Tammey
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4691
Layouts: 1436
Location: Burton, MI

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Tammey »

B.  craft supplies= glitters or glimmer mists or stickles
H.  tools=use a tool you own to make an embellies (punches, Sew Easy, die cut machine, etc.)
K.  jewelry=bling

scented candles=hmm going to have to think about this one.
ImageImageImage Image   Image

User avatar
Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3045
Layouts: 12

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Linda L »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Linda-1949 wrote:OMG I said collector dolls, now what do I do?? any ideas??
Tie them in however you can.  Photos of dolls?  Stickers of faces?   


 
Okay thanks!
User avatar
Renee P.
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 492
Layouts: 123
Location: Michigan

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Renee P. »

Linda-1949 wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:
Linda-1949 wrote:OMG I said collector dolls, now what do I do?? any ideas??
Tie them in however you can.  Photos of dolls?  Stickers of faces?   


 
Okay thanks!
You could pull inspiration from their clothing...like lace/trim or patterns/colors? Or scrap a photo that has a doll (or dolls) in the background.
Renee

Instagram: reneeleecrafts
User avatar
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4505
Layouts: 789

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by 1scrappymom »

Here is mine...I used Memorabilia - the plastic "planet Hollywood" was saved from my drink at the restaurant. 
Here is the sketch I used...it is from Scrapbook Generations: 
Image
The stickers are the felt stars and the polaroid sticker around the planet Hollywood picture

My additional item was hand bags...I used a tag because I always keep the price tags from my Coach hand bags for the warranty and I also used a folder behind my picture to "store" my journaling
Image
Image
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Image
User avatar
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2755
Layouts: 1134
Location: Western Pennsylvania

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Sara Scraps »

Mine is going to be a bit of a challenge...
recipes- use a sketch
craft supplies- glimmer mits, stickles...Does Heidi Swapp Color Shine count?
electronics- wire embellishments 
AND I'm not a hoarder!!!...so only two sheets of paper!..oh, boy! 

What about letter stickers for a title?
User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Posts: 6311
Layouts: 1082
Location: NYC

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by scrappinmom99 »

oceanbreezes423 wrote:OK, here is my spot. 

Recipes- use a sketch
craft supplies- use glitter, mist, etc
memorabilia- memorabilia

and my extra was candles. Hmmmmmm
 
Twine for the wick?
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image
User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30621
Layouts: 1938

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Art_Teacher »

Sara M. wrote:Mine is going to be a bit of a challenge...
recipes- use a sketch
craft supplies- glimmer mits, stickles...Does Heidi Swapp Color Shine count?
electronics- wire embellishments 
AND I'm not a hoarder!!!...so only two sheets of paper!..oh, boy! 

What about letter stickers for a title?
Per the directions:  You must use those items and only those items as your embellishments.  Freebies are hand or computer journaling, adhesive, and any types of paper. ;)  It will be a tough one, but you can cut your title out of one of your two sheets of paper.  lol  I don't know what Heidi Swapp Color Shine is, but if it is like the glimmer mists or stickles than it counts. 
 
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
User avatar
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2755
Layouts: 1134
Location: Western Pennsylvania

Re: MMC (June 6) Challenge #3

Post by Sara Scraps »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sara M. wrote:Mine is going to be a bit of a challenge...
recipes- use a sketch
craft supplies- glimmer mits, stickles...Does Heidi Swapp Color Shine count?
electronics- wire embellishments 
AND I'm not a hoarder!!!...so only two sheets of paper!..oh, boy! 

What about letter stickers for a title?
Per the directions:  You must use those items and only those items as your embellishments.  Freebies are hand or computer journaling, adhesive, and any types of paper. ;)  It will be a tough one, but you can cut your title out of one of your two sheets of paper.  lol  I don't know what Heidi Swapp Color Shine is, but if it is like the glimmer mists or stickles than it counts. 

 
Oh boy! And, yes, Color Shine is like Glimmer Mist...it's just a different type of spray mist...Off to get working on it...
Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”