Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 623

July 2016 Cherryland challenge

Post by sherelm »

Story of the Two Princesses of CherryLand
July 2016

Once upon a time there were two princesses that lived in a faraway land – Cherry Land. One princess – Princess Maraschino– was very dutiful to the laws of Cherry Land, and heeded all warnings given by her subjects and court. The other Princess, Princess SourCherry wasn’t evil, but more spiteful, and always did things a bit unconventional.
Cherryland seems to have been besieged by thunderstorms this summer, while the next day is usually beautiful sunshine. It’s what makes summer so enjoyable, because it’s always warm.  It is the favorite  part of the summer for the girls.  They never want to go inside, not even in the evening when the fireflies are out. Thus far they are enjoying a wonderful summer. Sour Cherry has been herself, attending a lot of summer rock concerts with friends, and having a blast at the beach after sunset much more carefree spur of the moment, while Maraschino has been going to family/friends picnics, and attending evening events in the park in her more organized fashion. 
It’s so nice thinking of summer evenings; we so often forget what a great time it can be when it’s dark yet still warm, or even hot.  
So this month, show me your inspiration from  Maraschino’s evening events, just quietly relaxing, at night, or going out on the town in the summer evening like Sour Cherry, or even a great pool/beach party by the torches! 
But evening (after dark) summer photos should be used if at all possible.  If you don’t have any, and want to join in – ok. . . you may follow the rules with daytime photos (quiet sunbathing, etc., vs a volleyball game in the sun, etc. )  – but an extra entry if it’s a night summer scene!!  One last twist:  Use a moon or a sun somewhere on your layout!!  Summing it up - Maraschino -  quiet summer time and Sour Cherry – more active events, and try to find some evening photos. 
As for the fine print, yes, you may combine with any other challenge that allows it.  On July 31st  I will award a $5 gift card to the layout chosen at random.  If you want to play and have questions because you don’t think I’ll count your layout – be assured I will. And most of all, have fun!!

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 775

Re: July 2016 Cherryland challenge

Post by 1scrappymom »

OK...so I have a question...so I just ran the Glo Run - which is a 5K that starts after dark, but I have pictures of before the race where it is still light out (even though it was after 9pm)...is it ok to use both pictures on the layout as long as I add the ones from when it finally turned dark?
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

1scrappymom wrote:OK...so I have a question...so I just ran the Glo Run - which is a 5K that starts after dark, but I have pictures of before the race where it is still light out (even though it was after 9pm)...is it ok to use both pictures on the layout as long as I add the ones from when it finally turned dark?
Listen.  USE whatever pictures you want - it's YOUR layout, I always count them because I want you to be happy with your finished product.  That being said - make a note IF you don't use the "dark" ones that it WAS a dark event so I count both in case I forget!  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3198

Post by blbabe1234 »

Awesome!Image
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 830

Post by pawprints »

Great challenge Sher!

Image Image  Image  Image

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 3915

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful story and challenge, Sher!! Image
Image Image ImageImage
Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1310

Post by Yankeegirl »

Another challenging Cherryland challenge!  You are so creative with these, Sharon!  I will have to think about how to do this!  Fun!  Love the challenge!
Can we uninstall 2020?  It has a virus.

Kathy
Image                Image
teenybop61
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 65

Post by teenybop61 »

dark sky in summer here in Alaska is hard unless you wait till August, the sun doesn't even set tonight until 11:38 PM. Have photos of the moon coming up but the sky is quite bright still

Tina in Alaska
Worshiping and serving the Lord Jesus in The Salvation Army
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble He cares for those who trust in him

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

teenybop61 wrote:dark sky in summer here in Alaska is hard unless you wait till August, the sun doesn't even set tonight until 11:38 PM. Have photos of the moon coming up but the sky is quite bright still

It doesn't have to be this summer, you can use any photos you have from any year.  Or go with plan "B".  
hsblair
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 348

Post by hsblair »

I guess setting off fireworks would fall into the "active" category... so I'll say I'm a sour cherry again.  There is an actual moon in the 4x6 photo on the 2nd page.
Combining this with the July Mood Board challenge.

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine for the Sour Cherry Challenge using Summer photos at night. Image

Photos of our fireworks. They set them off on the bridge as well as a barge. Image
Summer Nights
Image Image ImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

hsblair wrote:I guess setting off fireworks would fall into the "active" category... so I'll say I'm a sour cherry again.  There is an actual moon in the 4x6 photo on the 2nd page.
Combining this with the July Mood Board challenge.

Very nice two page layout!  It's an art I haven't mastered, my two pagers look like I threw everything together, yet my single pages can sometimes "need" that second page.  I love your choice of embellishments, and that you included a fair amount of journaling!  I'm a journaling advocate - I feel some gals are going to be very sorry they didn't include more later on. . .   Great job! 
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Deanna13 wrote:Here's mine for the Sour Cherry Challenge using Summer photos at night. Image

Photos of our fireworks. They set them off on the bridge as well as a barge. Image
Summer Nights
Gorgeous as always Deanna!  Every little touch has a reason for being there and TORN PAPER!!! It looks great on this layout!!  Awesome job! Pretty darn nice fireworks, too!! 
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top

Post by Deanna13 »

sherelm wrote:
Deanna13 wrote:Here's mine for the Sour Cherry Challenge using Summer photos at night. Image

Summer Nights

Gorgeous as always Deanna!  Every little touch has a reason for being there and TORN PAPER!!! It looks great on this layout!!  Awesome job! Pretty darn nice fireworks, too!! 
Thanks so much, Sher! Image
Image Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3198

Post by blbabe1234 »

I chose Sour Cherry - more active events. Princess and Penny playing outside, 2013. These pics were taken about an hr before sundown, so you can see the shadows from the sun.

I used Shimmerz Textured Paste in Gold Mine and a Crafter's Workshop Stencil for the "sun".

Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

blbabe1234 wrote:I chose Sour Cherry - more active events. Princess and Penny playing outside, 2013. These pics were taken about an hr before sundown, so you can see the shadows from the sun.

I used Shimmerz Textured Paste in Gold Mine and a Crafter's Workshop Stencil for the "sun".

That sun is awesome!!  I love the layout, and your layering, so nicely done, and six photos!!! WOW!!!  I'm impressed with everything!  Well done Brandy!  And of course the "subjects" are adorable!!! 
Rozebud
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 146

Post by Rozebud »

Here is my take!  I chose marischino cherry. I also made a moon from patterned paper and glitter clouds :)

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Lollybert wrote:Here is my take!  I chose marischino cherry. I also made a moon from patterned paper and glitter clouds :)

That is one of the best moons I've ever seen!! I love the color choices as well, adding the punch of gold to the page really works.  Thanks for doing my challenge! 
Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4604

Post by Retiree3 »

Quiet Summer Time
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Retiree3 wrote: Quiet Summer Time
Very nice colors you chose to work this layout into the down time of summer!  I feel blissful looking at it!  Thanks for doing the challenge!! 

Return to “Contests & Challenges”