August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:19 am

Pet Challenge – August 2016

Can I bug you for just one month?  I’m serious; I just need to pester you a little. . .
Instead of a pet, we’ll stick with the animals part of this challenge this month.  Hence -  the “EEEEEEEEEK” version, unless you love tarantulas.

This may end up more of a journaling page (now don’t run yet) or you can actually make this work for you even if you don’t want to do be bugged.
I was thinking about the OMG bug stories I’ve experienced in my life. My  yucky one is those thousand leggers that wiggle into my bathroom (and sometimes bedroom) when the guys come to fluff up the tan bark outside.  But I (hard to believe) have a worse story to tell.  And it belongs in my pregnancy scrapbook.  I’ll do the layout and you will see why it’s so gross. 

So here’s my challenge.  I want you to show us/tell us your bug story that, ok, it really needs in a scrapbook.  Are you allergic to bee stings?  Do you have a funny or frightening story that is bug related?  But I’m giving you ALL an out – if you wish, you can do ANY layout about ANYTHING, and just add butterflies, if this is too gross a subject for you.  You may want to reconsider the zoo pictures you have, they have some lovely spiders (jk) in those glass cages.  Or how about catching lightning bugs?  Kids always do that.  And managed to have a lovely lit up jar of them until the next morning when they awake and find 99% of them dead. 

Come on , you can do it, and I’ll tell you my terrible story – on a layout – of my worst experience with bugs.  Although I have had several.

Here’s your sketch. I chose one with room for a lot or a little bit of journaling. I’ll add my page, done by this sketch, as soon as I can.  You can do it.  Think butterflies, if you must. Or lady bugs.  But bugs would be and entertaining series for us this month, don’t you think?

Image

 

And I’ll pull a name for a $5 ACOT gift card after this closes at 11:59 August 31st. 
 

User avatar
Rozebud
Cherry Berry
Posts: 875
Layouts: 130

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by Rozebud » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 am

That's challenge is not as EWWW as I thought it was going to be!  I have a story that is famous in my home, and scrappin' it is something that I neverr thought of until now. It involves a frogs and crabs, but they both BUGGED the heck out of my...would that count? 

User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11163
Layouts: 1588
Location: South Carolina

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:00 am

Hmmmmm, this may take some thought. The thing that would really creep me out is really hard to get a picture of. I have in the past, but not so much lately. Also, there are critters that annoy me, but I guess that is not reall ewwwww. Spiders though, my office (outside of course) is covered with these HUGE banana spiders! Would that count?
Susan Image Image

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 am

Lollybert wrote:That's challenge is not as EWWW as I thought it was going to be!  I have a story that is famous in my home, and scrappin' it is something that I neverr thought of until now. It involves a frogs and crabs, but they both BUGGED the heck out of my...would that count? 
Yes, it is fine!!! 

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 am

Lollybert wrote:That's challenge is not as EWWW as I thought it was going to be!  I have a story that is famous in my home, and scrappin' it is something that I neverr thought of until now. It involves a frogs and crabs, but they both BUGGED the heck out of my...would that count? 
Yes, it is fine!!! 

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:41 am

Lollybert wrote:That's challenge is not as EWWW as I thought it was going to be!  I have a story that is famous in my home, and scrappin' it is something that I neverr thought of until now. It involves a frogs and crabs, but they both BUGGED the heck out of my...would that count? 
Absolutely!!! 

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 am

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Hmmmmm, this may take some thought. The thing that would really creep me out is really hard to get a picture of. I have in the past, but not so much lately. Also, there are critters that annoy me, but I guess that is not reall ewwwww. Spiders though, my office (outside of course) is covered with these HUGE banana spiders! Would that count?
Yes, it counts, and anything that you can get a picture of from the internet counts! 

User avatar
emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14909
Layouts: 1302
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by emmapaige » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 am

Yes, not as EWWW as I thought it was going to be. I've got to think about this one.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage
 

User avatar
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 10348
Layouts: 838

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by average_kim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 am

Ok, this isn't as bad as I first thought when you gave us a warning! LolImage
Kim

Image Image  

User avatar
suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9397
Layouts: 705
Location: Missouri

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by suewho372 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am

this is not tooo bad of an ewwwww..... ! I was thinking of the year when Hilary got pooped on by a bird 3 different specific times!!! of course I have no photo of that !! It is supposed to be good luck! Try telling that to a teen!! HA!
Susan
Image

                                 Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 65092
Layouts: 2912
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:39 pm

LOL! This is great! Your little buddy, Jeffrey, LOVES munching out on June Bugs! Haha! I'm gonna have to see if I took any pics of him doing that. If not, he and penny love watching bugs/lizards slither around, especially geckos!
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 34724
Layouts: 724
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by pawprints » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Sher this is not so ewww. More like eekkkkk! LOL!

My Boomer loved to catch bugs all the time. We'd see a spider crawling and he'd immediately get up and eat it. Or a mosquito would be flying and he'd catch it in mid air! That would make us go ewwwwwww! So I guess yes there is a ewwwwwww factor involved lol. I don't have any pictures of him actually eating bugs, but I can tell the story. If that's ok.
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 pm

pawprints wrote:Sher this is not so ewww. More like eekkkkk! LOL!

My Boomer loved to catch bugs all the time. We'd see a spider crawling and he'd immediately get up and eat it. Or a mosquito would be flying and he'd catch it in mid air! That would make us go ewwwwwww! So I guess yes there is a ewwwwwww factor involved lol. I don't have any pictures of him actually eating bugs, but I can tell the story. If that's ok.
It's absolutely ok !! 

I'm just so happy everyone is ok with this, and not thinking I lost my mind entirely!! 

User avatar
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Posts: 27092
Layouts: 533
Location: West Jordan, UT

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by Shutterbug » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:56 pm

I think this is a great challenge. We all have things that are ewwww to us or others around us.  I may have to do it from a point that my dh loves to play jokes and tricks with  leaving plastic bugs etc around form others to find.  Or if I can get the photos form the Scales and Tails event we went to a few weeks ago. Still waiting for photos from my brother as I lost my photos.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

User avatar
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Posts: 30113
Layouts: 1334
Location: Central Valley California

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by Charleneanne » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Well dang. When my kids were growing up, they had a pet tarantula that lived in a terrarium in our living room for a couple years.  But that was 35 years years ago and no digital cameras.   Guess it never occurred to me to take a picture of that dang spider.  She was a mountain brown and they named her Cinnamon.  lol
ImageCharleneanne

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Charleneanne wrote:Well dang. When my kids were growing up, they had a pet tarantula that lived in a terrarium in our living room for a couple years.  But that was 35 years years ago and no digital cameras.   Guess it never occurred to me to take a picture of that dang spider.  She was a mountain brown and they named her Cinnamon.  lol
TELL THE STORY!!  Decorate the page, download a tarantula from the internet!  It keeps Cinnamon's story alive!! LOL
Sadly, my son's pets from 35 years ago still are alive , they will outlive me.  "Baby" and "Yertle" - two turtles.  Doing nicely after all these years.  He got them in kindergarten, and he's now 37.
 

User avatar
Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3282
Layouts: 1070
Location: Lititz PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by Yankeegirl » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Hah hah, I have so many bug stories I could tell.  The hard part will be picking just one!  Thanks for a very creative challenge this month!
"Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul".     Jamie Lyn Beatty


Kathy
 

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12519
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by sherelm » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 am

Yankeegirl wrote:Hah hah, I have so many bug stories I could tell.  The hard part will be picking just one!  Thanks for a very creative challenge this month!
I know - me too!! 

User avatar
suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9397
Layouts: 705
Location: Missouri

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by suewho372 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:19 am

Ok-- I am going to have one to scrap after all! Winnie came in my room last night and spit this out.... I thought at first it was a small piece of cord.... nope
ewwwwwww!!! I think it is a grasshopper head!! I tried to get a good pic, but everytime I was zoomed in then Winnie would pounce trying to get it back and eat it!!! 

Image
Susan
Image

                                 Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 34724
Layouts: 724
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: August Pet Challenge - EWWWWW?

Post by pawprints » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:32 pm

suewho372 wrote:Ok-- I am going to have one to scrap after all! Winnie came in my room last night and spit this out.... I thought at first it was a small piece of cord.... nope
ewwwwwww!!! I think it is a grasshopper head!! I tried to get a good pic, but everytime I was zoomed in then Winnie would pounce trying to get it back and eat it!!! 

Image
Ewwwwwwwww Susan! But now you have something to scrap for this challenge. Winnie was just trying to help out lol!
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”