October Fashion Challenge - WINNER!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3198

October Fashion Challenge - WINNER!

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow you guys! I really love how you all used the shirt as inspiration for your wonderful photos.

Via RANDOM.org, #8 is the winner - GmaBerta /Berta ! Congrats Berta!!! I'll be purchasing your GC very soon!

Thanks to all who particpated!!!

Hello cherries! I'm posting this a couple days early as I've got a VERY BUSY weekend this weekend and wanted to make it got posted!

Usually I post a Pinterest prompt of an outfit that I like but this month, I'm doing things a bit different. And it all started with a T-Shirt, followed by a photo of Miss Penny Lane. LOL.

Nope. Not Today. Sometimes that's the kind of attitude I'm in. And 2 months ago, Penny was behind the curtain, lying down. Kind of like throwing in the towel. LOL.

And with these two items, my October Challenge was born!

With that said....I'm giving TWO options for this challenge. You can do one or BOTH!

Option One: Use the T-Shirt image that I'm supplying as your inspiration for your project. Use the colors, the phrase. Whatever you can come up with.

Here is my example:

I know, its a little all over the place. But there's a reason for it. You'll see how my brain was working in a minute.

Option Two: Do you have a funny shirt or a gorgeous dress in your closet that you'd LOVE to use as inspiration for this challenge? If so, snap a pic, upload it along with your project.

Alright...so my layout has tons of bits and pieces, right? That is what I want you to use on your project. Its kind of like Fashion Challenge meest Use Your Stash. Do you hoard sequins or enamel dots? Use them. Do you hoard veneer embellies or brads? Use them up! Whatever you do....sprinkle it around! I've got sequins, enamel shapes, veneer stars/hearts, cork embellies and stickers too!

So...here's a recap:
1. Please post here with your work. Use my fashion prompt or your own, along with "sprinkles" of _______________ (your choice - and as many as you'd like)
2. All is welcome! Paper, digi, card-making, projects, whatever floats your boat!
3. You may combine with any other October challenge.
4. Due October 31st
5. One lucky random winner will receive a $5 ACOT gc from me!
6. You may enter this challenge more than once, but please limit yourself to THREE entries.

Hope you have fun and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

Participating Cherries:
1. blfonty /Bonnie
2. pawprints /Barb
3. wimom /Rhonda
4. Retiree3 /Donna
5. cat1393 /Christine
6. seastar /Karen C
7. sherelm /Sher
8. GmaBerta /Berta
9. beachlover /Ann
10 tmp718 /Tammey

Last edited by blbabe1234 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1667

Re: October Fashion Challenge

Post by emmapaige »

Oh My Gosh ..... what a fun phrase to use.  And thanks for giving us two options.  October is going to be busy for me but I hope to do more than I did in September.

LOVE your example, too!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1334

Post by CarrieG »

fun challenge!
joannie
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1822

Post by joannie »

great challenge Brandy!
- joannie

Image Image Image Image
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 288

Post by stateless »

LOVE this challenge! Hope I can scrap more in October!
- Valerie/stateless
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 577

Post by Berta R. »

LOL!  Your page is too cute! Image   My cat does this only its the couch instead of a curtain.  I need to remember the camera next time.  Love the quote and all the random embellies.  This should be fun!! 
***Berta***
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 830

Post by pawprints »

Brandy this is a great challenge and I just LOVE your awesome layout!!!

Image Image  Image  Image

Rozebud
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 146

Post by Rozebud »

This is so fresh and creative. I will definately do this challenge!
Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1310

Post by Yankeegirl »

This layout is totally fabulous, Brandy!  I love all the bits and pieces, and those pawprints......what a fun challenge!
Can we uninstall 2020?  It has a virus.

Kathy
Image                Image
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 623

Post by sherelm »

My kind of fashion! And I love love your layout. 
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 738

Post by blfonty »

I have been wanting to scrap this cute photo and decided it was perfect for the t-shirt challenge. The shirt has "Dream BIG" on the front. Here's my layout with lots of sprinkles:
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

blfonty wrote:I have been wanting to scrap this cute photo and decided it was perfect for the t-shirt challenge. The shirt has "Dream BIG" on the front. Here's my layout with lots of sprinkles:

This is sooooooooo cute Bonnie! I love those colors and those alphas. Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 830

Post by pawprints »

Here's mine Brandy! I chose Option One. The T-Shirt immediately made me think of a photo of Twinkie and Sky waiting by the back door to come in, covered in mud. My thought when taking that photo… your'e not coming in my house like that!! LOL! So the T-Shirt prompted me to come up with the title, "Nope that's not gonna happen". I was also inspired by the brown with the touch of orange. For my sprinkles I went through my stash of all my hoarded doggie embellies and used many bones, dots, wood veneer, washi tape, stickers, and old Love Elsie rub-ons, which actually still worked! Thanks for the fun challenge!

Image Image  Image  Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:Here's mine Brandy! I chose Option One. The T-Shirt immediately made me think of a photo of Twinkie and Sky waiting by the back door to come in, covered in mud. My thought when taking that photo… your'e not coming in my house like that!! LOL! So the T-Shirt prompted me to come up with the title, "Nope that's not gonna happen". I was also inspired by the brown with the touch of orange. For my sprinkles I went through my stash of all my hoarded doggie embellies and used many bones, dots, wood veneer, washi tape, stickers, and old Love Elsie rub-ons, which actually still worked! Thanks for the fun challenge!

OMG!!! I love this Barb! First...that photo. Priceless. Your title is perfect and I love the fun design. The colors, the doilies, all the sprinkles. WTG on using some old rub ons. I also spy some basic grey "max and whiskers" floral border too. :D Thank you so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

wimom
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 449

Post by wimom »

I loved the "Nope Not Today" phrase and used it on a card I will send to my son to encourage him to resist donut temptation. For sprinkles I used a bunch of stickers -- two arrows and some stars that have been in my stash forever.
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4604

Post by Retiree3 »

I used option 1 and I used the colors.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

wimom wrote:I loved the "Nope Not Today" phrase and used it on a card I will send to my son to encourage him to resist donut temptation. For sprinkles I used a bunch of stickers -- two arrows and some stars that have been in my stash forever.

OMG! I LOVE this card so much! The sprinkles, the donut, the phrase. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thanks so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Retiree3 wrote:I used option 1 and I used the colors.

Very cute design. Love the stickers. Thanks so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

cat1393
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 221

Post by cat1393 »

Imagewent w/ option 1.

Christine
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

cat1393 wrote:Imagewent w/ option 1.

OMG...I LOVE that photo! Perfect for the "NOPE" part of your title. I love the stickers you used. Thanks so much for doing my challenge!
Brandy Williams

Return to “Contests & Challenges”