February/March stamping challenge - WINNER

Moderator: ACOT Employee

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

February/March stamping challenge - WINNER

Post by traveler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Thanks to everyone who participated. 
The winner is Karen c. I will get your gift card out today.

Sorry I took so long to do this. 
This month the challenge is to stamp and cut. 

One of my favorite new product types are these stamp/die-cut sets. 
On this card, the flutes and sparkles were stamped and cut using  a stamp/die set. They were also mounted on foam to make them stand out. 
Image

on this layout, the starfish, compass, and seahorse are all from a stamp/die set:
Image

For this challenge, one option is to use a stamp die set on your project.

Another option for this challenge is to stamp an image and fussy cut it. 

One this layout, the camera is stamped on plain cardstock and fussy cut, so is one green arrow, the little green word block, and the journaling spot:
Image


One winner, chosen randomly, will receive either a $5 GC to ACOT.
fine print:
1. Open to newly created, paper projects only (LO, card, project)
2. Up to 3 entries
3. A stamp is defined as something that you apply a wet, colorful, or sticky substance (such as ink or paint) to and then transfer to the paper by pressing down. No digital stamps. 
4. Entries are due March  31, 2018 at midnight.
5. May combine with one other challenge that allows it.

If anything is unclear or I left out anything important, please let me know and I will update this top post. 
 
Last edited by traveler on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62053
Layouts: 2758
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:19 pm

LOVE this technique! I sometimes to forget to do that.

Wonderful examples
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 13187
Layouts: 1276
Location: Indiana

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by joannie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:48 pm

LOVE a good reason to use my stamps! 
Last edited by joannie on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12755
Layouts: 944
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by emmapaige » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:59 pm

I do have a few of those sets...I just need to step out of my comfort zone and actually use them! Love your samples.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage
 

User avatar
Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2614
Layouts: 880
Location: Lititz PA

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by Yankeegirl » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:53 pm

I have a few of those combo sets, too.  Thanks for the motivation to use some of them!  Great examples!
"Some days I amaze myself.
Other days, I look for my phone while I'm holding it."



Kathy

 

User avatar
Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Posts: 32065
Layouts: 2569
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by Deanna13 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:58 pm

What a great challenge and wonderful examples, Louise!! Image
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Delight
Posts: 31135
Layouts: 646
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by pawprints » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm

I LOVE this challenge! I have some of the stamp/die cut sets and can't wait to use them! Love your samples!

I really want to stamp more. I have loved your past stamping challenges and always run out of month. I am hoping to really do this one this month!
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
JillinIN
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3966
Layouts: 315
Location: Indiana

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by JillinIN » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:28 pm

I'm a huge fan of stamps that have coordinating die cuts. 
I love your samples!
Great challenge!
Jill
 ImageImage

User avatar
wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1156
Layouts: 275
Location: Wisconsin

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by wimom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Here's mine, another silly squirrel card for my son. "Happy" was cut with a Lawn Fawn die and then stamped with the matching stamp. The white frame behind the sentiment was cut on my Cricut with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge and then I added a red frame outline with one of the Close to My Heart stamps that coordinate with the Art Philosophy cartridge. Also stamped "Valentine's Day"  (Lawn Fawn) and apple border at bottom (October afternoon). Inside says "I couldn't have picked a more wonderful son."
Image 
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by traveler » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:01 pm

wimom wrote:Here's mine, another silly squirrel card for my son. "Happy" was cut with a Lawn Fawn die and then stamped with the matching stamp. The white frame behind the sentiment was cut on my Cricut with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge and then I added a red frame outline with one of the Close to My Heart stamps that coordinate with the Art Philosophy cartridge. Also stamped "Valentine's Day"  (Lawn Fawn) and apple border at bottom (October afternoon). Inside says "I couldn't have picked a more wonderful son."
Image 
this is  a great card! from your write-up, it seems like you cut then stamp. I stamp then cut. interesting, it seems both ways work. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1961
Layouts: 626
Location: MT

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by MTCanuk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:57 pm

I used 3 stamps by Ali Edwards on my layout.
One I stamped right on the layout and then fussy cut the other two.

Image
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

User avatar
wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1156
Layouts: 275
Location: Wisconsin

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by wimom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:34 pm

trainmom wrote:
wimom wrote:Here's mine, another silly squirrel card for my son. "Happy" was cut with a Lawn Fawn die and then stamped with the matching stamp. The white frame behind the sentiment was cut on my Cricut with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge and then I added a red frame outline with one of the Close to My Heart stamps that coordinate with the Art Philosophy cartridge. Also stamped "Valentine's Day"  (Lawn Fawn) and apple border at bottom (October afternoon). Inside says "I couldn't have picked a more wonderful son."
Image 
 
this is  a great card! from your write-up, it seems like you cut then stamp. I stamp then cut. interesting, it seems both ways work. 
Yes, works both ways. Sometimes I stamp then cut.
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
Image

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by traveler » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:17 pm

MTCanuk wrote:I used 3 stamps by Ali Edwards on my layout.
One I stamped right on the layout and then fussy cut the other two.

Image

 
Great stamping and love the mid-air photo!
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 9116
Layouts: 691
Location: Missouri

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by suewho372 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:09 pm

here is mine!
Image
Susan
Image

                                 Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

User avatar
joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 13187
Layouts: 1276
Location: Indiana

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by joannie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:16 pm

ImageImage 
I combined with the card challenge! I used lawn fawn stamp/die set.  GREAT challenge!

User avatar
joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 13187
Layouts: 1276
Location: Indiana

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by joannie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Image   Image 
Here is another card using the same stamp/die set. I combined this challenge with the card challenge.

User avatar
Retiree3
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11864
Layouts: 3401

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by Retiree3 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm

I stamped and cut out the flowers, leaves, and butterflies

Image
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]




 

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by traveler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:47 am

suewho372 wrote:here is mine!
Image
this is adorable, and fabulous job photographing it too!
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by traveler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am

joannie wrote:ImageImage 
I combined with the card challenge! I used lawn fawn stamp/die set.  GREAT challenge!
I love those lawn fawn sets! your card is stinkin cute ! (couldn't resist)
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1678
Layouts: 209
Location: New Jersey

Re: February/March stamping challenge

Post by traveler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 am

Retiree3 wrote:I stamped and cut out the flowers, leaves, and butterflies

Image
fabulous flowers!
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”