June 2018 Movie Madness **WINNER**

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Rozebud
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 130

June 2018 Movie Madness **WINNER**

Post by Rozebud » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:44 pm

CONGRATS TO BLFONTY!  WINNER OF THE $5 GIFT CARD! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!!!

Hello and thank you for allowing me to be a tad bit late with this month's Movie Madness Challenge!

I've really been into fussy cutting and die cutting these days so the movie is an obvious choice to me:

"DIE HARD"

I am not a fan of guns these days so I used a little creative license with the photo...and it applies to the challenge! ( Ahh, Hans Gruber, you will be missed)
So this month I want you to be literal and use those die cuts to DIE (cut) HARD! 

OPTION ONE
Use dies,cutting machines, punches or fussy cut a LARGE shape for your layout.  I cut a giant donut for my page.  Try to make the shape one quarter (6x6) of the page!
Aplhabets/numbers count as well.
OPTION TWO
Use many, many, many die cuts, punched shapes or fussy cuts to create a border from edge to edge of your paper.  It can be layered or straight but it must be the full length or width of the base paper.

The Fine Print:
1. HAVE FUN MAKING YOUR PROJECT!
2. Entries open to new projects - paper, digital, & card making.
3. May be combined with one other challenge that allows it.
4. Due july 6th 2018, at 11:59 PM.
5. One lucky winner, chosen at random, will receive a $5 ACOT gift card from us!
6. Up to 3 entries permitted per month.
7. A RAK is awarded to a second winner if there are more than 15 unique entries (not including bonuses) during the month.

Participating Cherries:
1. Retiree3
2.StacyLee
3.StacyLee
4.joannie
5. blfonty
6.tammey
7. emmapaige
8. jadeitelady173
9.lissahope26
10.  jadeitelady173
11. jadeitelady173
12. berta r.
13. blbabe1234
14. berta r
15. beachlover
16. yankeegirl
17. yankeegirl
18. lovestostamp
19. Karen C.
Last edited by Rozebud on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2741

Re: June 2018 Movie Madness Challenge

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Awesome challenge! Love it
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 111

Post by DN in MN » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Love the scissor touch!  
 Image    Image   
2018 Goal ~ 50 layouts    Completed 39 layouts and 3 cards 

blfonty
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 532

Post by blfonty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:31 pm

So basically you're saying don't DIE HARD from using so many DIE CUTS! LOL! Awesome!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie     Image     Image     

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 441

Post by Berta R. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Love using my scissors.  This will be fun!
***Berta***

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 419

Post by StacyLee » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Ooh, I love this, nice photoshop work, too Image  Your sample is adorable, she’s a cutie!
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   ImageImage

Retiree3
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 3368

Post by Retiree3 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:58 pm

I used option 2.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:31 pm

This was really fun, thanks for the challenge!  I cut the sun with my Cricut over 6" x 6" but I tucked it under and trimmed some off the side of the page...hope that's ok.  I'm also combining with the June Sketch with a Twist challenge.

Stacy

Image   ImageImage

Rozebud
Cherry Berry

Post by Rozebud » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 am

Retiree3 wrote:I used option 2.

I really like all the piecing and that border fits the challenge to a T!

Rozebud
Cherry Berry

Post by Rozebud » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am

StacyLeeD wrote:This was really fun, thanks for the challenge!  I cut the sun with my Cricut over 6" x 6" but I tucked it under and trimmed some off the side of the page...hope that's ok.  I'm also combining with the June Sketch with a Twist challenge.

YASS! You completey got what I was going for and you did DIE it HARD! That sun though. loooooooove it

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

Here's another one from me, I really like this challenge Image  I used my Cricut to cut a large scribble circle.
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

Rozebud
Cherry Berry

Post by Rozebud » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:16 am

StacyLeeD wrote:Here's another one from me, I really like this challenge Image  I used my Cricut to cut a large scribble circle.

That tag and that circle though!  LOOOOVE it!

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1259

Post by joannie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:15 pm

I used my cricut to make a large lighthouse! I combined this challenge with Rachel's Book Lover's challenge! This was a fun challenge! Thanks!!

blfonty
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 532

Post by blfonty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm

I did option 1 and 2 using a large circle die cut with QuicKutz title die cut letters/numbers and 3 kinds of arrow die cuts and a scallop 12" border die cut. Also, scraplifted Rose's sample layout. Thanks for the inspiration! Layout submitted to the May/June Music Challenge.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie     Image     Image     

Tammey
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 785

Post by Tammey » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm

For the Movie Madness Challenge I did option 2. All the hearts for the border are punched. I combined with the Use Your Stash Challenge. 

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 928

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:07 pm

I fussy cut a bunch of donuts from the MME collection Good Vibes to make my border.  Also submitting for the Stamping Challenge. 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

Jaditelady173
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 26

Re: Entry 1- June 2018 Movie Madness Challenge

Post by Jaditelady173 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 am

Hello, Hello here is my first entry...a Exploding Box Card.
Talk about using dies!  This whole project is using dies only thing extra used is glue, ink & Sparkle pen.
Currently I'm trying to make my DIE Cut reference book so I'll quit buying duplicate dies!  So when I cut dies, I always cut extras and throw them in a dish.  When I need different colors of paper to piece a die, I always save the odd pieces. Sometime a die will cut out little parts that I save to use elsewhere.  In this box you will see little butterflies that were left after cutting out another box die.  You'll see pink branches where I pieced another die. I cut out or punch extra hearts and leaves in different colors to have on hand.  I do alot of this to use up the extra left over odd shaped paper.  This saves time, uses up scraps, etc.  So when I made this box everything was made from scrap paper except the white base.  I just grabbed my bowl of dies and just stuck them in there.  There was a few odd colors for a cat or branch but it all matched the spring colors on the accent paper.  I hope this project qualifies for your challenge let me know if it doesn't.  Otherwise thank you for letting me participate and I have also included a picture of the dies that I used or took the leftovers after piecing to use.

Mary Tatman
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/247903
Last edited by Jaditelady173 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 617

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:46 pm

option 2
Melissa H.ImageImage

Jaditelady173
Cherry Blossom

Re: 2nd entry - June 2018 Movie Madness Challenge

Post by Jaditelady173 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 am

Hello again....Here is my second entry for your Movie Madness Challenge.  It is a Graduation Card I made for my neice.  I used a ton of dies on this set.  There is a picture of them included in the gallery as well as including the manufacturers.  I really don't make many cards, but I had fun making this one for my great niece.  We both graduated from the same High School and our school colors were orange & black...hence the colors used in the card.  I hope you enjoy this card.  I also entered this one in the Holiday Challenge.
Mary...

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/247934

Jaditelady173
Cherry Blossom

Re: 3rd entry - June 2018 Movie Madness Challenge

Post by Jaditelady173 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Hello...
Here is my final entry into this month's Movie Madness Challenge.  This is a birthday card I made with Graphic 45 Time to Celebrate collection.  I used De`sire/Crafters COMPANION card die, 2 label dies, & Spectrum Noir clear overlay Sparkle markers.  I did alot of fussy cutting using scraps of this paper and created 3D embellishments on the card?  I cut out the little girl, flowers, leaves, the cake, etc.  I mounted them on foam tape.  I didn't want the backside to be all white, so I cut out the stripped paper from the 6x6  pad of stripes and patterns.  I wanted a certain look of the labels sticking out from the bend of the card.  This gave me more room on the front to use the girl as a focal point.  And the small label on the back was where my made by stamp would go.  Alot of time went into this card.  I also made 2 little boxes to go with the card that I thought turned out cute too.  I'll put that link in the description  too.
thanks....Mary TATMAN 

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/247 ... -challenge
Here is the link to the matching boxes to go with this card.
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/247 ... -challenge

Return to “Contests & Challenges”