***15/30 Main Thread (Links to Challenges Here)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 696

***15/30 Main Thread (Links to Challenges Here)

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:12 am

Hello Crafty Cherries!

15/30 on the 15th starts tomorrow!  Who's ready? Chime in and let us know if you will be checking out the challenges.  I want this to be stress free and fun!  No pressure to complete all 15.  If you do decide to complete all 15, I will do a random drawing for two cherries to receive ACOT giftcards.  RAKS and/or giftcards will also be given out to random winners who make honorable mention.  With that being said, you still have a chance to grab something if you do not complete all 15. 

Please check this thread for link backs to all challenges.  I will also link this thread back to the January and February Main Challenge board.  Now, we have several cherries who volunteered to host.  I suggest you read each challenge and rules carefully because they will be different for each hostess. 

Challenge schedule will be as follows:
Tuesday Jan 15-Traveler's Shape Challenge

Thurs Jan 17-Use It Up Challenge by Emmapaige

Saturday Jan 19-Card Challenge by Yankeegirl

Monday Jan 21-Beachlover's New Challenge

Wed Jan 23-PL Cards by Scrappinmom99

Friday Jan 25-Opposites Attract by HSBlair

Sun Jan 27-Scraplift Sunday

Tues Jan 29-Celebrate with MTCanuk

Thurs Jan 31-Incorporating Nonpaper Crafts Into Project by Sara (Due Feb 8)

Sat Feb 2-Sketchy Saturday

Mon Feb 4-Yankeegirl's Challenge

Wed Feb 6-Lame Duck by DNinMN

Fri Feb 8-Laugh and Get Rich Day by HSBlair

Sun Feb 10-You're My Person by Beachlover
Tues Feb 12- last day-Traveler's Choices

I'm hoping to have all wrapped up by February 28th and prizes announced on March 1st.  So who's excited about 15/30 on the 15th??

Last edited by lissahope26 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Melissa H.ImageImage

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 955

Re: ***15/30 Main Thread***

Post by CarrieG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 am

im mustering up excitement..LOL

I need to get some dang pages done

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2705

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 am

Yay! I'm excited! :-D
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 479

Post by Linda S. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:00 am

I'm ready. I have so many old and new pictures that need to be put in layouts.
​​​​​

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 19

Post by Monroe1218 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 am

I'm excited!!!  I definitely think that I can get 15 done in 30 days!  Thanks for hostessing this fun challenge!
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 1/100
December Daily - 50% complete!
Cards - 0/24

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 232

Post by traveler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 am

I'm in!

I had a question from previous years that I wanted to clarify. In previous years, you could do a project for a given day that didn't fit the challenge - and you still got credit towards the total of 15, but didn't get entered for that day's challenge if there was a prize.  So, my question is where do you put those pages that don't fit the days challenge? (Does this make sense/)

Also, are cards and other projects acceptable or only scrapbook layouts?
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 339

Post by sdwhru » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm

I'm in the same boat as Carrie I need to get pages done
ImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1006

Post by emmapaige » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I am ready! January is starting off slow so this is the kick in the butt that I need.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1067

Post by beachlover » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 pm

I have a notebook ready to write challenges/ideas
I am getting my scrap room organized to get some kits together, have some crops coming up too so I really need to stay on top of all this!
super excited for this!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm

trainmom wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 am
I'm in!

I had a question from previous years that I wanted to clarify. In previous years, you could do a project for a given day that didn't fit the challenge - and you still got credit towards the total of 15, but didn't get entered for that day's challenge if there was a prize.  So, my question is where do you put those pages that don't fit the days challenge? (Does this make sense/)

Those are some good questions.  I'm going to leave that ball in the court of the hostess.  The hostess for the day will make that decision on what is allowed and what is not allowed. 

Melissa H.ImageImage

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 232

Post by traveler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:37 pm

lissahope26 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm
trainmom wrote:
I'm in!

Those are some good questions.  I'm going to leave that ball in the court of the hostess.  The hostess for the day will make that decision on what is allowed and what is not allowed. 

My concern on the first question is that some challenges are just not do-able by some people. I wouldn't want people to be precluded from completing the whole 15 because of a challenge requirement. 

Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 955

Post by CarrieG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:50 pm

trainmom wrote:
I'm in!

seems in the past that you could scrap anything towards your count....but to be eligible for that days prize you had to follow the rules.....
if I recall correctly...last time around I got all my 30 done BUT maybe only 5 or so fit exact requirements.....

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:21 pm

trainmom wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:37 pm
lissahope26 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm
trainmom wrote:
I'm in!

My concern on the first question is that some challenges are just not do-able by some people. I wouldn't want people to be precluded from completing the whole 15 because of a challenge requirement. 

I don’t have a problem with that. I think that will be fine to do.
Melissa H.ImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 697

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:43 pm

I'm gearing up for it too. I've been cleaning my scrap area and working on a layout and kits all at the same time. I'm feeling a bit scattered and need to settle down. Sometimes the challenges & time limits help me just commit to one thing instead of trying to do ALL THE THINGS  on one layout LOL!  :greenwinkb:

And I'm hostessing one of the dates and I'm going to make my challenge be for layouts, cards, projects, whatever inspires you. Not sure what my challenge will be yet but it will be open to all formats!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

debamas
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 228

Post by debamas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm

So, are these challenges separate from our regular challenges or can do either. I never did the 30/30 so guess I'm not clear on what we d o other than trying to do 15 in 30 days. Are they also timed and slotted for that particular day of each one.  :?
Debbie

Mommytron
Cherry Tart

Post by Mommytron » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Hello, I have not been too active, but I need to get some pages done. I will be doing what I can as time allows. Thanks for all you ladies do!

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 929

Post by Yankeegirl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 pm

debamas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm
So, are these challenges separate from our regular challenges or can do either. I never did the 30/30 so guess I'm not clear on what we d o other than trying to do 15 in 30 days. Are they also timed and slotted for that particular day of each one.  :?

Debbie:  as one of the hosts, I do know that these challenges are separate from the regular ACOT monthly challenges.  They will post every other day starting tomorrow, for 15 days, and you can do as few or as many as you wish.  There are no time issues---you can do all 15 challenges at any time( once they post) as long as they are submitted by the specified due date.  Check each day's post for specific guidelines, as the due dates might be different.  Most of us will likely be giving you until Feb. 28th to finish up. 
You can also do as many of the regular monthly challenges as you wish.  Some of these monthly challenges allow combining, but some of the 15/30 challenges may not allow combining.  So again, check each 15/30 post for specific rules.

Hope this helps!

"Do more of what makes you happy."

Kathy

jcsmaestra
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 340

Post by jcsmaestra » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 pm

I am going to give this a try. I haven’t been scrapping much lately. Maybe these challenges will provide the incentive I need.
Love is all around you. Image

Mary

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 233

Post by KrazSparkle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Im so glad I decided to come on here tonight! Im down to work in some LO. Ive been on a slump since before Halloween. Ive been drained due to every day life. Im ready to get back into creation! 
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

1scrapdiva (Robin)
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 175

Post by 1scrapdiva (Robin) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:50 pm

I hope I made it in !!!! Been out in the fish house!! I need photos to get done.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”