Inktober Challenge - WINNERS!! - please PM me for RAKS

Moderator: ACOT Employee

User avatar
1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3642
Layouts: 556

Inktober Challenge - WINNERS!! - please PM me for RAKS

Post by 1scrappymom » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:36 am

Since you guys all worked so hard this month, I am going to send a RAK to EVERYONE who participated. Please PM me your address and I will get your prizes sent out later this week!  


Hey guys! I am putting the supply list challenge on hold for a couple months because October is INKTOBER. For those that don't know what that is, every day in the month of October, there is a prompt. Traditionally, artists draw a picture inspired by that word prompt. But for us, I want you to be inspired to scrap a page instead. 

Here is the list:
Image
Here are the rules:
Complete 1 NEW layout per prompt - paper or digital are acceptable.
No limit. Combine with 1 as allowed.
Please upload to this thread by 11:59pm EST on November 30th.

I will chose TEN winners randomly to receive a prize from my stash. 

If you have questions, please ask. I'm pretty flexible, so most anything goes.
 
Last edited by 1scrappymom on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog
 

User avatar
keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1296
Layouts: 795
Location: Port Huron, Michigan

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by keatonsgtgram » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am

OMG, Shannon, this sounds like fun! I have never heard of this before but I definitely am game! I just sent this link to my DD who loves working with prompts. I'm sure she will be joining in too.

What an interesting list of prompt words. This list has something for everyone. I assume that we don't have to take the prompts in order and we are basically doing a LO from what each word makes us think of. I'm excited and already want to do them all.

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 64547
Layouts: 2871
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by blbabe1234 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:38 am

This looks super fun!
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
meterr70
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 249
Layouts: 226
Location: Adrian, MI

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by meterr70 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:52 am

Awesome!!! I cant wait to get started!!!!
    TERRI  :greenwinkb: :greeninlove: ​​​​​​​ ​​
Image                          

User avatar
lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2542
Layouts: 984
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by lissahope26 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:58 am

Just to clarify...no combining words like Snow and Coat?  Also, any combining with monthly challenges allowed?  Thanks
Melissa H.

User avatar
keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1296
Layouts: 795
Location: Port Huron, Michigan

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by keatonsgtgram » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:45 pm

meterr70 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:52 am
Awesome!!! I cant wait to get started!!!!

Geeze! I just knew that you would be excited too. I already have my 1st LO in mind. Thanks for joining in! BTW for those of you who didn't already know...this is my DD.

User avatar
Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Posts: 2646
Layouts: 592
Location: Menahga, MN

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by Linda S. » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Sounds like fun! I'm going to try to get it all done! Fingers crossed!!  :-D

User avatar
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12183
Layouts: 200
Location: Duluth, Minnesota

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by DN in MN » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Ohhhh... this looks interesting.. We will have to see if I can do it!
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 13/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   
 

User avatar
1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3642
Layouts: 556

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by 1scrappymom » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:45 pm

keatonsgtgram wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am
OMG, Shannon, this sounds like fun! I have never heard of this before but I definitely am game! I just sent this link to my DD who loves working with prompts. I'm sure she will be joining in too.

What an interesting list of prompt words. This list has something for everyone. I assume that we don't have to take the prompts in order and we are basically doing a LO from what each word makes us think of. I'm excited and already want to do them all.

That's correct. They don't have to be done in order and you can interpret however you want. You can do 1 or all of them. 
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog
 

User avatar
1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3642
Layouts: 556

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by 1scrappymom » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:46 pm

lissahope26 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:58 am
Just to clarify...no combining words like Snow and Coat?  Also, any combining with monthly challenges allowed?  Thanks

No combining words but you can combine with one other challenge that allows.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog
 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 33983
Layouts: 708
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by pawprints » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:37 pm

This is so cool!
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 33983
Layouts: 708
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by pawprints » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:38 pm

keatonsgtgram wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:45 pm
meterr70 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:52 am
Awesome!!! I cant wait to get started!!!!

Geeze! I just knew that you would be excited too. I already have my 1st LO in mind. Thanks for joining in! BTW for those of you who didn't already know...this is my DD. 

I didn't know. So sweet!
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14273
Layouts: 1519
Location: Indiana

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by joannie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Shannon , Do you want us to post all our layouts in one post?

User avatar
1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3642
Layouts: 556

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by 1scrappymom » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 am

joannie wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:50 pm
Shannon , Do you want us to post all our layouts in one post?

It doesn’t matter to me
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog
 

User avatar
Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3183
Layouts: 1051
Location: Lititz PA

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by Yankeegirl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Interesting and unique challenge.  Will be fun coming up with pages for some of these prompts!

#3:  Bait--fish definitely go with bait!
Image

#7:  Enchanted
Image

#15:  Legend.   Pirates are definitely a legend!
Image

#21:  Treasure--I find flowers to be a true treasure, and visit every botanical garden when we travel!
Image

#25:  Tasty
Image

#27:  Coat
Image

#30:  Catch
Image

 
Last edited by Yankeegirl on Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Good friends are like stars...
You don't always see them,
But you know they are always there."


Kathy
 

User avatar
keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1296
Layouts: 795
Location: Port Huron, Michigan

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by keatonsgtgram » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Just one more question, Shannon...does the LO need to have the chosen prompt word in the title? I've already finished two pages and began to wonder. The word fits for one of my titles but not really for the other.

I lied I just thought of another question. If the use of a prompt isn't obvious, should we post our reason for using it the way we did?

User avatar
1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3642
Layouts: 556

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by 1scrappymom » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:26 am

keatonsgtgram wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:04 pm
Just one more question, Shannon...does the LO need to have the chosen prompt word in the title? I've already finished two pages and began to wonder. The word fits for one of my titles but not really for the other.

I lied I just thought of another question. If the use of a prompt isn't obvious, should we post our reason for using it the way we did?

No...you don't have to use the word on the layout - it is used for inspiration. Yes, if it's not obvious, it would be helpful to list it with your layout, but if someone forgets I'm not going to disqualify anyone!  ;)
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog
 

User avatar
JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4392
Layouts: 359
Location: Indiana

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by JillinIN » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 pm

This is an awesome challenge! I've never heard of Inktober. I love it!
 
Jill
 ImageImage

User avatar
meterr70
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 249
Layouts: 226
Location: Adrian, MI

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by meterr70 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Image My spooky spot for Inktober!! Image  

1. Ring
Image
2. MINDLESS
Image
3.
4. FREEZE 
Image
5. BUILD
Image
6.
7.
8.
9. SWING
Image
10. PATTERN (This is a local farm we go to every year to have a picture made by this dated backdrop. It is a PATTERN of behaviour we have had for many years!)
Image
11 SNOW
Image
12 DRAGON
Image
13 ASH (from the fire, ash flying in the crisp air) 
Image
14
15
16 WILD (The wilds of nature) 
Image
17 ORNAMENT
​​​​​​​Image
18
19
20
21
22 GHOST
Image
23 ANCIENT 
Image
24
25
26
27. COAT
Image
28. RIDE (Hr long ride for Sunday outing)
Image

29
30
31 RIPE
Image

 
Last edited by meterr70 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 18 times in total.
    TERRI  :greenwinkb: :greeninlove: ​​​​​​​ ​​
Image                          

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12500
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: Inktober Challenge

Post by sherelm » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:36 am

I got one finished and the next one all ready to assemble. I think I'm putting mine all in one album just for fun so I can look back to see what I did for the prompt!

Are you setting up a file in the gallery for these? This is so much fun, so different!!!

October 1 - Inspiration Word "Ring"

Image

October 2 - Inspiration Word "Mindless"

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Contests & Challenges”