October Build me a Layout

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 575

October Build me a Layout

Post by sherelm » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:50 pm

This month you "sort of" get a head start.   This month I want you to take a sheet of paper in your stash that has already started the layout for you!  You know, the ones we love and could even be framed, but then we don't know what to do with them once we bought them!  We all have them, now we are going to use one, and hopefully get some inspiration from each other as to what to do with the rest!

In case you aren't sure what I mean - here's some examples:
Image   Image Image Image Image 

Now for the "bonus" opportunities.  Since it is October, I need to do my annual rant of two things:  VERY few Mummies out there on anything Halloween, but even more surprising is the lack of ORANGE lettering!!!  Every time I see orange lettering, I buy it up!  For some reason I need orange letters, and most companies don't have them!  Clint was shocked when he saw that, he said "Of course there is orange lettering" only to come back and say "WOW.  Not even Thickers."  So if you use either orange lettering or add a mummy to your page somewhere, I'll put your name in twice!
Hope you like playing with these papers this month! Can't wait to see what you do!

(The regular rules apply: you may combine with any layout that allows it, you may cover up part of the "got you started" design, but I need to be able to see some of it", I'll choose on the first of November randomly for a $5 gift card.  Any other questions, please PM me, but consider the answer yes go ahead :)  )

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1492

Re: October Build me a Layout

Post by joannie » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:05 pm

I have a few of those papers in my stash I am sure! & I have some OLD orange alpha stickers too!! Great challenge for us this month!!! 

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 702

Post by pawprints » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Awesome challenge! I have so many of these types of papers!

Oh and Doodlebug Tangerine  😁

Image Image Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3022

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:48 pm

I love using those decorative background papers! You are right about there being so few orange alphas. We are working on DGD Makaylee's Senior Volleyball Board and her school colors are orange and black and I have very few orange alphas.
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1009

Post by Yankeegirl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:19 pm

I gather up orange, too, with an orange-headed DD and two grandkids!  Always on my wish list:  more orange letters, and more collections with NO PINKS!  LOL.......
I am sure I have some of these papers you described in my stash....I obviously have lots of papers I haven't use, and likely it's because I don't know what to do with them!  Bisous comes to mind, along with some October Afternoon and definitely G45 for me.  Another great challenge!
"Sometimes it takes me all day to get nothing done."

Kathy

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2855

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Great challenge
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

JAire
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 233

Post by JAire » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Great challenge, just the push I need to try to use this type, of which I have a number of! I have one picked out and ready to start.
Joyce Ann

ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 404

Post by ScrappyDistractions » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:21 am

Funny story about orange letters (funny to me at least): 
I had a sheet of bright orange letter stickers that I hated - only had them because my daughter's high school colors were blue and orange.  Only five letters were gone from it.  Even so, I was about to throw them out last week as I knew I would never use orange letters (I really dislike orange).  BUT, the night before I had to lecture my DH about not putting the seat down in the bathroom.  So I had an idea.  I took those alpha stickers and put them to use to solve both problems:

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1194

Post by emmapaige » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:47 am

ScrappyDistractions wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:21 am
I had a sheet of bright orange letter stickers that I hated - only had them because my daughter's high school colors were blue and orange.  Only five letters were gone from it.  Even so, I was about to throw them out last week as I knew I would never use orange letters (I really dislike orange).  BUT, the night before I had to lecture my DH about not putting the seat down in the bathroom.  So I had an idea.  I took those alpha stickers and put them to use to solve both problems:

OMG - that is hilarious!! 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1194

Post by emmapaige » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:48 am

Love this challenge.  I'll need to work on this once I get home.  We leave for Cleveland tomorrow and I just packed up all the scrappy supplies I brought with me.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

JAire
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 233

Post by JAire » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Great use of those letters!!

Here is my layout. I did what you suggested, found a sheet and then dug for photos. I like how it turned out - simple but fun. No bonus.
Joyce Ann

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1469

Post by shoorn » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm sure I have some paper that will work - will just have to search for photos to go with it! I have some old (must be alt least 9 years old) orange Thickers and I have a mummy Doodlepop. Will have to see how to use them!!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 702

Post by pawprints » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Lol! This is so funny!

Image Image Image Image

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 354

Post by JillinIN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:59 pm

I love this challenge! I never know what to do with those papers, but can't resist buying them.
Jill
 ImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 354

Post by JillinIN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 am

This is so funny!!!
I may scraplift your idea. DH has always been really good about putting the lid down... until about the last 6 months. Every time I go in the bathroom it's up! I need to find some stickers to sacrifice. :)

Jill
 ImageImage

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1469

Post by shoorn » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:15 am

This one has a design in the bottom right corner that I left so it could be seen. I may do this challenge again this month.

Link to LO
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

1scrapdiva (Robin)
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 231

Post by 1scrapdiva (Robin) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:24 am

Imagehere is mine

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 938

Post by lissahope26 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Here's what I started with:
and what I did with it:
Melissa H.

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 394

Post by LoreenC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Yay! I have a few of these, I call them scene papers! Perfect for my new pic of GD at H.E.B. Shopping with her Daddy! They know I love Halloween And Dia de los Muertos!!
I had some older orange thickers And a Mummy !!!
ImageImageImage

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1492

Post by joannie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Here is the pp from OneCanoeTwo. 
and here is my layout,

Return to “Contests & Challenges”