The winner of the $5 ACOT gift card is: #24 - Sandi0805
And the winner of the RAK is: #7 - emmapaige
For fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, here is your newest must-read psychological thriller: The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. The Silent Patient is the story of Alicia and Gabriel Berenson - two artists with a seemingly perfect life. Alicia is a painter, whose career has just begun to take off, and Gabriel is an in-demand fashion photographer. One night, Gabriel arrives home late from a photo shoot and, for reasons no one knows or can understand, Alicia shoots him five times in the face, and then never says another word. Theo Faber is a psychotherapist who is fascinated with Alicia’s case and, determined that he is the one who holds the key to unlock Alicia’s mind and voice, gets a job at the institution where Alicia has been sentenced to live out her days. As Theo digs deeper into Alicia’s life and psyche, he is forced to face his own demons from the past until their lives collide in unexpected ways.
OPTION 1: The...Patient
As Alicia is a patient for pretty much the entirety of the book, as an homage to her, Option 1 is all about being a patient. Make a page about a time you, or someone you know, was a patient. Broken bone? Stitches? Bad cold? Trip to the dentist? Visiting the vet? Anything goes, as long as the feature of the page is of someone being a patient.
OPTION 2: Groups of Five
Alicia sets the events of the book into motion when she shoots Gabriel five times, so for Option 2, we’re going to focus on the number five. Choose ONE of the following five options, and please note, it should be EXACTLY five of whatever is being asked for - no more, no less:
- 5 different patterns of paper
- the number 5, as part of your title
- 5 sentences of journaling
- 5 photos
- one photo with 5 people in it (note, this should be PEOPLE - furry friends not allowed on this one)
Sample for Option 2: 5 different patterns of paper
The Fine Print:
1. HAVE FUN MAKING YOUR PROJECT!
2. Entries open to new projects - paper, digital, & card making.
3. May be combined with one other challenge that allows it.
4. Due February 29th, at 11:59 PM.
5. One lucky winner, chosen at random, will receive a $5 ACOT gift card from us!
6. Up to 3 entries permitted per month.
7. A RAK is awarded to a second winner if there are more than 15 unique entries (not including bonuses) during the month.
2. Becky Bitting
12. karen c.
16. karen c.