July/August Graphic Design Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

July/August Graphic Design Challenge

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:53 pm

It's that time of year again Cherries! This is my 5th annual Summer Graphic Design Logos Challenge! It's fun and it's simple for the busy days of summer. The challenge is to choose one of these logos and use those colors for your layout. Your layout must only contain the colors in the logo you choose, except that you may add black, white, gray, and/or cream. Other than that you must only use the colors in your chosen logo. Please let us know which logo you chose.

Here are this year's logo choices:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

As an added bonus if you use any aspect of the logo itself besides the colors, I will enter your submission twice. Some examples would be if your chosen logo has a circle shape and you use circles, or if your chosen logo has scallops and you use scallops, or if your chosen logo has wavy lines and you use wavy lines, or if there is an image in your logo like a  heart or paw prints and you use that item… you get the idea. Keep in mind that in order to get the bonus submission you must use something from the same logo that you chose for your colors! No mixing of logos!

This seems to be a summer favorite so I hope you all have fun with this. I like to keep it simple in the summer.

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.

There are so many logos to choose from so there is no limit to the amount of submissions, as long as each submission uses a different logo

Bonus entry if you use some aspect of the logo itself as long as it is from the same logo AND you let us know what aspect of it inspired you.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining.

This will run through the end of August. Post your submission to this thread by midnight (whenever midnight is for you) August 31st. A random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most of all have fun!

Here is my layout and I hope to do more of them! For this one I chose the Yoplait Logo. I love the red and yellowish orange color mixed with the black. I used flowers too as there is a flower in the logo.

ImageImage

If I do any more of them, which I really hope to as I really love some of these color combos, I will add them here.

Hope you all have fun with this!

Image Image  Image Image

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 260

Re: July/August Graphic Design Challenge

Post by Vicki R. » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Awesome challenge with SO MANY COLOR CHOICES!!  I am thinking which one I want to use!

MrsFleck
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 41

Post by MrsFleck » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:55 pm

I used the Magnum logo and incorporated hearts.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3015

Post by blbabe1234 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Woohoo! Yay for the logos!

Great example Barb!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1632

Post by joannie » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Love this challenge!!

sherriscraps
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 87

Post by sherriscraps » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 am

What a fun challenge.  I used the Frosty Paws logo.
Retired, scrapping and happy!
Sherri 

sherriscraps
Cherry Blossom

Post by sherriscraps » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:16 pm

I used the Garnier logo and added circles.  
Sherri 

sherriscraps
Cherry Blossom

Post by sherriscraps » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:14 pm

I used pink and black along with white for this page using the Teresa Collins logo.

Sherri 

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 619

Post by StacyLee » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 pm

Hey Barb! I have a question about the Sargento logo, which is the one I chose to make a layout.  I'm looking at it on a different device now and I'm wondering if I was wrong...is that gold with the black?  On my laptop it looked brown to me and I made a black & kraft color schemed layout.  On my ipad now I'm wondering if it is gold?  Thanks  :-D
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:34 pm

StacyLeeD wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 pm
Hey Barb! I have a question about the Sargento logo, which is the one I chose to make a layout.  I'm looking at it on a different device now and I'm wondering if I was wrong...is that gold with the black?  On my laptop it looked brown to me and I made a black & kraft color schemed layout.  On my ipad now I'm wondering if it is gold?  Thanks  :-D

It is a golden, mustard like color. Don't worry about it. If that is how you saw it it's no biggie and not a problem : )

Image Image  Image Image

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 540

Post by Berta R. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Here's what I did using the Zyrtec logo

***Berta***

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 619

Post by StacyLee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks for your help with the Sargento ad Barb  :-D  Here's the page I made, I used black & kraft with some added white & gray neutrals.  I was inspired by the ad to make a fun top and bottom border on my page.  I went with angles instead of swirls, but the colors and the borders are what popped out to me when I looked through the ads.  Fun challenge, thanks!
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 pm

StacyLeeD wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:04 pm
Thanks for your help with the Sargento ad Barb  :-D  Here's the page I made, I used black & kraft with some added white & gray neutrals.  I was inspired by the ad to make a fun top and bottom border on my page.  I went with angles instead of swirls, but the colors and the borders are what popped out to me when I looked through the ads.  Fun challenge, thanks!
You're welcome! And the colors pretty much match! I'm glad you got so much inspiration from it!

Image Image  Image Image

Mathandlit
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 78

Post by Mathandlit » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:09 pm

I picked the Polaroid logo. Since the logo has this horizontal strip along the bottom, I included lots of horizontal strips in my layout.

aheatfan
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 245

Post by aheatfan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Hubby's birthday - July 2020 I've been working on baby books so long, it was fun to work on something current :)
Used the black and gold from the Sargento Logo. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 394

Post by JAire » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:43 pm

My logo is METLIFE. I went through my scrap pp and found the colors - blue, green and made that the background paper.
Also for the Card Challenge.
Joyce Ann

sherriscraps
Cherry Blossom

Post by sherriscraps » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:36 pm

I used the yoplait logo with black and orange for this one.

Sherri 

Jami-T
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 66

Post by Jami-T » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 am

I used the Core logo. I made the O like the logo with the different blues. This is my daughter's cat Duck. She is tiny but mighty.

Jami-T
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 66

Post by Jami-T » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:14 am

I used the Core logo. I made the O like the logo with the different blues. This is my daughter's cat Duck. She is tiny but mighty.

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 150

Post by Donna_Coughlin » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:54 am

I used the Stampedous colors. Originally I had the design from the company's name in the middle but when I was done the layout I didn't like it. I found this old Cosmo Cricket chipboard that I liked. So I torn my whole layout apart and started over again.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”