September Mood Board Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1923

September Mood Board Challenge

Post by Art_Teacher »

I love Fall!  The weather here has finally turned a little cooler and it is just so invigorating and beautiful for this all-too-short season!  For this challenge, I challenge you to use the mood board below to inspire your layout. You must use the color scheme (soft teal, greys, and browns), and choose 3 additional inspirations from the mood board.  Please, no other colors in your papers/embellies that don't fit the color scheme.  Since it is nowhere near Fall in some places, I think this mood board, while having a Fall-like mood, is not overtly Fall, but has bits of Summer and Spring, as well. :)  Can you feel it?

You have until midnight, September 30th to upload your finished layout in the gallery spot I've provided to be entered in a drawing for a little prize from me.  Must be a new layout and can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Amy Jo
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 150

Re: September Mood Board Challenge

Post by Amy Jo »

I LOVE this board! Such pretty colors...can't wait to get started!!
-Amy Jo 

ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Post by blbabe1234 »

That's a gorgeous mood board!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 837

Post by aheatfan »

I think this is my favorite one so far :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

LCSmithSAVED
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 37

Post by LCSmithSAVED »

This is gorgeous!
VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 485

Post by VickiR »

Wow, gorgeous colors on this mood board.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 69

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Normally I can't seem to figure out how to "use" the mood board but this one has me jumping into a pile of mixed media and paper! Thanks for inshttps://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/294927piration!

I found the teals very inspiring with the greens and the books reminded me of the letter stickers that have text behind the letter and I thought of my brother's story.

I am combing with the motivation challenge.
Last edited by Jolly Holly Scraps on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 133

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Here is mine.  The photo doesn't do it justice but the "blues" are actually soft teal. 

For my inspirations:
I was first inspired by the pic of the girls, with the wreaths in their hair, turned away from the camera. From this inspiration I decided to highlight the picture of my granddaughter looking away from the camera, out at the sea. I also got the idea to encircle the picture in twine from their wreaths.
My next inspiration was the pictures of the weeds, and from this I decided to embellish with seaweeds.
For my final inspiration I thought that the 4th pic down on the left had a dreamy feel to it. I used this idea to select the metal charm for the page which states: "she dreams of faraway places and daring adventures"

Thanks for this great mood board!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Florac74
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 11

Post by Florac74 »

Here is my layout for this challenge. Stunning mood board choice!
Perfect for my wedding photo! 
I combined it with the movie genre challenge. 
My three additional inspiration from the mood board is Leaves,
butterflies and sideway profile photo. This picture does not do the color justice. 
All embellishments are a soft teal. 

aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 837

Post by aheatfan »

Always the hardest challenge for me but always glad that I give it a go.  My background paper is a soft teal with brown matting.  My inspirations were the butterflies, sequins and the girl in the dreamy white reminded me of vellum (matting under the brown). 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

Amy Jo
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 150

Post by Amy Jo »

My inspiration came from the butterfly photo (one of my patterned papers has butterflies with just a touch of yellow gold), the beaded bracelet inspired me to use different sizes and colors of buttons, and the mountain photo inspired my to tear the edges of a few of my papers. 

I combined with the September 3 in a row challenge.

Making Memories- Gallery Link
-Amy Jo 

ImageImage
LCSmithSAVED
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 37

Post by LCSmithSAVED »

Must keep to the soft teal, greys & browns color scheme + three additional inspirations from the mood board. I got a lot more ideas from the board: sequins, butterflies, nature, the dreamy landscape that begged to be interpreted in mixed media (not mine, but a Somerset Studio freebie in my kit), the dry leaf, the framed artwork, faceted beads, and the little blue bowl. Used my September Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit forgery. Blogpost HERE
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 753

Post by blfonty »

I love this mood board - the blended colors, the different textures, and the variety of inspiration is fabulous! I only have a few days left this month, but will try to get it done. If not, I will save for next month's rewind.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 268

Post by Craftyshannon »

I had a flyer from the okoberfest that was browns and tall, perfect for this challenge. The photos are matted with soft gray and everything else is teals and browns. I took inspiration from the beaded necklaces for the striped background, I used distress ink to texture the tan sheet of paper like the backgrounds in the board and stamped and cut out leaves.

CathyG89
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 147

Post by CathyG89 »

I was inspired by the mountain range to do the torn paper and then included butterflies and sequins directly from the mood board.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”