November Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1963

November Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*

Post by Art_Teacher »

Well, as usual, I'm running behind! LOl  The randomly drawn winner of this challenge is blfonty!  PM me your address so I can send your prize!

November is my birthday month! It's also one of the prettiest and overlooked months of the year. ;)  For this month's mood board, I am challenging you to use the mood board below for 3 inspirations AND to use the color purple.  You must use 3 different shades of purple, actually.  :)  It's one of my favorite colors, especially the dark purple!  Please list your 3 inspirations and if the 3 shades of purple aren't obvious, let us know where they are, too.  That's it! Be creative!

You have until midnight, November 30th to upload your layout in the gallery spot I've provided, in order to be in a drawing for a little prize goody from me. :)
Must be a new layout. Can be combined with one other challenge that allows combining.

Last edited by Art_Teacher on Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1362

Re: November Mood Board Challenge

Post by Yankeegirl »

I love purple, too, but it is a hard color for me to use, except in Oct. when I make Halloween pages.  But I do have a fair amount of purple product.  Go figure!  Great mood board!
And and early Happy Birthday!
"Life is short.   Smile while you still have teeth!"

Kathy
Image                Image    Image   Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3254

Post by blbabe1234 »

THIS is GORGEOUS!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 142

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Love this mood board! And I love purple, but don't find myself using it enough so thank you for this challenge! I'm ready to try and see what I can come up!
P.S. Happy early birthday!
shoorn
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 2104

Post by shoorn »

Purple is not a color that I use much in scrapping. I do have some papers and all but they have other colors mixed with it (like turquoise). Is that okay?
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image Image Image   Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1963

Post by Art_Teacher »

shoorn wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:28 pm
Purple is not a color that I use much in scrapping. I do have some papers and all but they have other colors mixed with it (like turquoise). Is that okay?

As long as the main color is purple. ;)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Amy Jo
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 221

Post by Amy Jo »

I'm not sure if this counts since I used additional colors, but the rules only said that 3 shades of purple and 1 inspiration from the board needed to be used so I went with it. I'm pretty sure I used like 10 different shades of purple but my page is a very different vibe than the mood board!

The little girl smiling was my first inspiration and I decided to scrapbook a photo of my daughter smiling =) I was also inspired by the heart cut out o fthe leave and, even though leaves didn't fit my page theme, I was able to find a heart puffy sticker and journaling card to use! My third inspiration was the stairs. I like layering pattered papers in a way the look like stair steps and I also used foam tape to lift layers off the page. Finally, I was inspired to add some bling when I spotted the water droplets glistening on the leaf in the 3rd row, 2nd column photo. 

Awesome Go Getter - Gallery Link

-Amy Jo 

ImageImageImage
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 327

Post by Craftyshannon »

I used multiple shades of purple (two purple patterned papers and one purple word embellishment). For inspiration I used photos of an outdoor walk, leaves cut out from a patterned paper and leaf printed paper, mushroom paper, and the square word block on a purple background. This is not a page i would have made without this challenge, but i love these papers and how it turned out, so thank you for the push to do it. :) ImageImage (the second photo is closer to the true color - it's really dark and light purples, not burgundy)
JAire
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 643

Post by JAire »

Lovely colors and I believe various shades of purple can be used year round. And purples can pair with lots of other colors, sure to deliver a wonderful combination to many! Perhaps this challenge will break some of you out of your fear and you will find a delightful work of art.  
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImageImage
Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 295

Post by Donna_Coughlin »

Here is mine,
I used for inspiration
1 - SPIDER WEB
2- KITCHEN WARE PICTURE (I USED A CAULDRON STICKER)
AND I USED WOOD-INSPIRATION FROM THE WOOD CRATE PICTURE  ZIG ZAGS - WHICH I PAINTED - I  TOOK .

Shades of purple
dark purple glitter on the wood zig zag
ribbon on left with blacks dots 
the spider paper
and the cardstock is a slightly different shade than the spider paper
Donna
ImageImageImage
Tammey
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1467

Post by Tammey »

I was inspired by the flowers, leaves and berries. I also used 3+ shades of purple. I combined with the Pick A Day Challenge)

ImageImageImage Image   Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1325

Post by MTCanuk »

Beautiful mood board.  Not a purple person, but managed to find some purple in my stash thanks to my fellow Canadian, Vicki Boutin.
Inspired by the wheat looking leaves on the right, the maple leaf, the spider web( I used a doily), the thistly weed, the misty morning(I used mist)

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 276

Post by MacSarah »

I love all the plummy hues!
I am taking some photos this coming weekend that may just be perfect for this.
~Sarah~
Sharman Paulus .
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 189

Post by Sharman Paulus . »

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 142

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Great challenge! Here's mine!
I was inspired by the orange leaf with the heart cut out of it, The metal dishes (gorgeous patina!) And those gorgeous fall leaves!
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/296575
QueenBee89
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 190

Post by QueenBee89 »

Combined with Music Challenge

Inspiration is Hearts, Bows & Flowers

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 765

Post by blfonty »

My page includes 3 shades of purple and 3 inspirations: leaf with heart cutout (heart PP), smiles (girl) and woodgrain (background PP). Posted in your Mood Board Gallery.

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 170

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Here is mine.

The first things I saw when I looked at the mood board (besides all the purple!) were the smiling faces, the puppy trying to get up the stairs, and the beautiful flowers. So I did this layout of my always smiling "middle child" 6yo granddaughter who (like the puppy) is not afraid to try new things. Then of course I sprinkled it with glittery flowers (and stars) to go with my quote "she leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes".

There really are several shades of purple, honest, but my poorly lit and lacking photography skills make them hard to see.  The are 1.background polka dots, 2. matting of the "featured" picture 3. the gradients in the bottom border.

“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Image   Image
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 170

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Craftyshannon wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:23 am
I used multiple shades of purple (two purple patterned papers and one purple word embellishment). For inspiration I used photos of an outdoor walk, leaves cut out from a patterned paper and leaf printed paper, mushroom paper, and the square word block on a purple background. This is not a page i would have made without this challenge, but i love these papers and how it turned out, so thank you for the push to do it. :) ImageImage (the second photo is closer to the true color - it's really dark and light purples, not burgundy)
Seriously!  Something about purple made it really hard for me to get a good picture too!  All my purples looked the same! I blamed my poor lighting and lacking photography skills.

BTW - your layout is gorgeous!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Image   Image
wendycrowe
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 459

Post by wendycrowe »

This mood board is so pretty!!

I was inspired by the colors, the flowers, and wood elements. I added Nuvo Drops to mimic the berries. And I added a butterfly as an animal element.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”