Days of December Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 327

Days of December Challenge

Post by Craftyshannon »

This challenge is inspired by Ali Edwards' December Daily project.  The goal of her project, and this challenge,  is to encourage people to capture the memories of the days of December.  Whether it's big things like putting up the tree or Christmas morning, or little things like baking cookies or watching snowfall, scrap the moments in your life during December.  

This challenge is open to everyone who makes a layout or journaling page about any memories from a day in December. You don't have to do the whole month, any number of days is fine. 

- Layouts or journaling pages are fine.  Each page should have either photos or journaling (ie: shopping list, songs you're listening to, etc) capturing what you were doing/ thinking/ eating :)/ listening to/ etc for a day in December
You may enter one page per date of the month (ie:12-1-21, 12-2-21, etc). Please keep them numbered and in one post. You can post more than one page on any day,  but each one needs to be scrapping a separate date.  
- You don't need to complete or post pages in order. 
- Can enter up to 31 layouts
Paper or digital are fine.  
- Any size layout is ok- mini book,  12x12, 6x8, etc
- You do not need to do a separate album,  pages in a regular album are ok.
​​- The month doesn't have to start on Dec 1st. I know Hanukkah starts in November, so Nov 26- Dec 26 is fine too. Or Dec 6- Jan 6 if you want to include Epiphany. Any 31-day period from late Nov to early January.  
- Combining with one other challenge that allows it is fine
- Open until 1-31-22 to allow people time to print photos,  complete the layouts,  etc. I know this is a very busy time. 

A $5 gift card will be given following a random drawing of all entries.  The number of entries in the random number generator will be based on how may layouts you post.    So 1-5 layouts = 1 entry,  6-10 layouts = 2 entries,  11-15 = 3 entries,  16-20 layouts= 4 entries, 21-25 layouts = 5 entries,  26-30 layouts = 6 entries,  and 31 layouts = 7 entries.  

I'm so excited to see all of your December memories! The Title page for my book 
Image added example: Image
Last edited by Craftyshannon on Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry

Re: Days of December Challenge

Post by Craftyshannon »

Spot for my layouts- 
1.Image (December mood board challenge)
2.Image
3.Image
4.Image (Dec manufacturer with a twist challenge)
The right page flips open so I could add extra photos (for December Title Challenge) ImageImage
6.Image
7.Image
8.Image
9. Image the right page flips up Image
10.Image
12. Image
13.Image

17.Image
18.Image
19.Image
20.Image
​22.
Last edited by Craftyshannon on Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1284

Post by beachlover »

This sounds wonderful!!!  Count me in!
Day 1:
Day 2:

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Amy Jo
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 221

Post by Amy Jo »

I’m looking forward to this! Saving my spot for posting layouts 🎄❤️🤍💚🎅🏻

Dec 1:
Dec 2:
Dec 3:
Dec 4:
Dec 5:
Dec 6:
Dec 7:
Dec 8:
ImageDec 9:Image
Dec 10:
Dec 11:
Dec 12:
Dec 13:
Dec 14:
Dec 15:
Dec 16:
Dec 17:
Dec 18:
Dec 19:
Dec 20:
Dec 21:
Dec 22:
Dec 23:
Dec 24:
Dec 25:
Last edited by Amy Jo on Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-Amy Jo 

ImageImageImage
aheatfan
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 919

Post by aheatfan »

Saving my spot  😊
1. November 30 -Our new artificial flocked Christmas tree. First year in my life without a real tree. 

2. December 4- My favorite tree in the house. Every since my boys were born I have bought them an ornament of whatever they were into that year. When I look at the tree, you can basically see all of their interests and phases during their lives. It is my favorite Christmas tradition. 

3. Our Family Christmas Tree - Stands in our dining room. 

4. Our Angel Tree  December 2021- I made these ornaments the first year we were married. They are now 27 years old. 

5. Christmas Eve 2021 - my first time trying Coquito. A drink made with cinnamon, egg nog and rum. 

6. Our family pictures on Christmas Day. My son had just finished 10 days in isolation doe to Covid. 

7. My 56th Birthday - December 18, 2021
Last edited by aheatfan on Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImage

Laura K
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 150

Post by Laura K »

I love this challenge idea, and hope I can get a few layouts done! 
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1860

Post by mgehrke »

This is the first time I've ever considered doing a December only book. I think this will be fun and I'm in.

Day 1
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 57, 35 and 29) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (5) Sawyer (3) and Mazie (1).

Image ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 518

Post by VickiR »

Great challenge, Shannon!  I will try to play along also.
JAire
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 645

Post by JAire »

Taking a spot, I hope to play along. Thanks for hosting.
1. Nov. 28th First Sunday of Advent.
2. Dec. 1 (4th day of Advent. For day 2 and 3 I pretty much just did jornaling, did make a pocket and put a tag in it. Not showing those.
3. Dec 2
4. Dec 4
5. Dec 5
6. Dec 6
7. Dec 7
8. Dec 8
9. Dec 9, 10, & 11
10. Dec 12
11. Dec 13

Last edited by JAire on Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImageImage
shoorn
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 2106

Post by shoorn »

I will take a spot too. Not sure how many days I will do but will try.  Great challenge!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image Image Image   Image
Mommyof5
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 45

Post by Mommyof5 »

Can I say I will try and not be punished if I don't make it???  LOL 
Work has been crazy for me lately,...The past year and a half to be exact! (Since Covid) 
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
Image   Image
MTCanuk
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1325

Post by MTCanuk »

Looking forward to this. Saving my spot.

I have a couple of prepages
ImageThis is a cut flie on an acrylic page

ImageI like to have a calendar in my album.  From Ali Edward's Dec. Daily site.  The deer  cutapart is from Vicki Boutin.  Silhouette border cut file along the bottom.  Stamped some trees to and a puffy sticker.  

Day 1
ImageThe album I am using is an 10X8.  So the left is a full page talking about how crazy our weather has been.  No snow.  And abnormal high temps with destructive winds.  The R  page I cut down and the top R pocket flips up.  

Day 2
  ImageThe L page is the back to that small page.  The R hand page I filled with a huge tag cut on my Silhouette.  The jouranling is about my wishes for December.  

Day 3
ImageThis page has a hidden journaling tag behind the photo.  It talks about being thankful that I live right here with my grandkids.  And how this little guy didn't want to stay by himself when he was sick this week and came and hung out with us, because I am retired and at home.  I stamped grateful across that strip and then cut the title on my Silhouette.  The chipboard heart is from Vicki Boutin.  The vellum hearts and wooden house are from Elles Studio.  
Day 4 
    ImageSingle page about the grandkids elf, Elfie arriving.  This was also my girls elf, so he has been around for a number of years.  
Day 5
ImageImage

This is my oldest granddaughter's first prom and I still need to journal up by the top R hand photo.  
Last edited by MTCanuk on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry

Post by Craftyshannon »

Mommyof5 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:32 pm
Can I say I will try and not be punished if I don't make it???  LOL 
Work has been crazy for me lately,...The past year and a half to be exact! (Since Covid) 
That's fine!  Do 1 or 31, if love to see what ever you get done! 

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1090

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Does it have to be December 2021 photos? Or can it be any December day of any year? I'm confused. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
karen c.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 848

Post by karen c. »

Such  a great challenge! Thank you for hosting!
ImageImage          ImageImage
druffing
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 450

Post by druffing »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:16 pm
Does it have to be December 2021 photos? Or can it be any December day of any year? I'm confused. 
Me too...  I have not started DD 2021 yet as it is not December...

So, assuming we can post photos from previous years.  I am currently doing 1994...?  Is that okay?
Debra

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage
emmapaige
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1786

Post by emmapaige »

scrappinmom99 wrote:

Good question. Between DH’s health issues and COVID, every day is pretty much the same and wouldn’t make for interesting layouts.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry

Post by Craftyshannon »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Does it have to be December 2021 photos? Or can it be any December day of any year? 
Good question.  I hadn't thought of it,  but as long as you're scrapping a specific date,  ie: 12-24, and you only enter one that's that date (not 12-24-19 and 12-24-21) is fine with me.  
Craftyshannon
Cherry Berry

Post by Craftyshannon »

druffing wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:14 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Me too...  I have not started DD 2021 yet as it is not December...

So, assuming we can post photos from previous years.  I am currently doing 1994...?  Is that okay?
Debra

It's OK to do photos from another year if it's for a specific date. I know that might be hard if they're older as you might not know exactly when they're from. But because people can only enter one per date (ie: one for the 4th, one for the 5th) I want to try to keep it fair.  
scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1090

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Craftyshannon wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:58 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Does it have to be December 2021 photos? Or can it be any December day of any year? 
Good question.  I hadn't thought of it,  but as long as you're scrapping a specific date,  ie: 12-24, and you only enter one that's that date (not 12-24-19 and 12-24-21) is fine with me.   

Great, thank you! I keep chronological albums (theoretically, haha) but I don't actually scrap chronologically. I can't remember the last time I printed Christmas pictures so all of mine are older ones LOL! But I will do the date thing like you said here. :) 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Contests & Challenges”